Profile for Mrs. D. Dixon > Reviews

Sabichi 1900ml Stainless Steel Classic Teapot
Sabichi 1900ml Stainless Steel Classic Teapot
Offered by MMP Living

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 72oz, 10 Aug. 2012
Just received this this morning. First impression was 'by that's small'! Filled it with water using a 1 litre jug - 1litre = 35 fl oz. Teapot took 1.7litres or 60 fl.oz so it is smaller than advertised, however it does do 5 mugs and as I needed a teapot to make tea for 5 people I will keep it. It pours lovely with not a drip in sight, however the description of this item's size is misleading and if I'd wanted one for 6 people I would be sending it back!

The Dukan Diet Life Plan
The Dukan Diet Life Plan
by Dr Pierre Dukan

3.0 out of 5 stars No reprieve for Vegetarians!, 2 Nov. 2011
I really looked forward to this version having followed the original book for 18months and losing 98lbs in the first 10 months. I was expecting to see more input for my vegetarian friends, and for me because I like the odd veggie meal. I know the US version includes tofu, seitan and tempeh. As a coached member of the Dukan Diet I also know that quorn is allowed as are lentils for vegetarians, yet absolutely no mention is made of any of these in the book, except for tofu!! Why not? This was an ideal opportunity to update the book but all they have done is revamped the layout, which I have to admit is so much better than the original UK & US versions.

The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
by Pierre Dukan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for pudding lovers!!!, 19 Oct. 2010
Please buy this book if you want some decent ideas for main meals. Definately don't buy this book if you're missing sweet desserts/puddingS because you won't find a decent recipe apart from the custards and those you can find in the Dukan Diet book!!!! Disappointing isn't the word but heyho! It was pudding love that got me into this mess but it won't be Dukan puds that get me out of it! However 4 and a half stone off since 2nd June shows that the basic diet works so - WHO NEEDS PUDDING? NOT ME! :)