Profile for Mark > Reviews

Mark (UK)

Apple mini DVI To VGA Adapter
Apple mini DVI To VGA Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and value., 30 Mar. 2011
I searched all the usual shops for this product and couldn't find it anywhere, a friend finally lent me one to link my Apple laptop to a projector for a presentation I was giving. I was then advised to purchase one from Apple and was even given the link on the internet, but after copying and pasting the product on Amazon, I found it at a fraction of the cost and the quality is exactly the same! Would definitely recommend this product.

Challenging Depression & Despair
Challenging Depression & Despair
by Angela Patmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book That Everyone Should Read, 6 Feb. 2011
I actually know Angela personally and her work is groundbreaking, refreshing and accurate. I use Angela's research in my training and consultancy to help individuals and organisations overcome the apathy and learned helplessness promoted by the stress management industry to enable people to take direct control of their lives. Angela is not just a published author or a renowned researcher, she has actually lived the experience of distress and trauma in her life so her work has the personal experience of someone who found what works and what doesn't. Combine that with her research background and other credentials and you have a no-nonsense approach to gaining a true reflection on the issues discussed in her book.

I would personally recommend this book to not only everyone who is looking for a way out of despair, but to every therapist, manager, entrepreneur, sports person, trainer and coach. It is a also great read for so many of you in the Armed Forces who may be coming home from theatre of operation into a world of therapy and counselling that may leave you feeling helpless from your experience. I know, I've been there. My advice to you is READ THIS FIRST!

Great work Angela

Mark Dawes
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2012 12:25 PM GMT

Memoirs of a Radical Lawyer
Memoirs of a Radical Lawyer
by Michael Mansfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant Read, 21 Aug. 2010
This book is inspirational. Had it been available years ago I am sure it would have been a catalyst for me to become a Barrister.

For many, lawyers and barristers are seen as people born with 'silver spoons in their mouths and are far removed from what everyday people experience. In addition, the Criminal Justice System for many is a huge imposing beast that is impossible to fight, so why bother. This book is a unique insight into our legal system as it has a human and humane focus and brilliantly demonstrates how individuals and small groups of committed people can change not only the law, but the attitudes of individuals and organisations that form the fabric of society that the law exists to serve. It also shows the human side of Mr. Mansfield (who was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth), and the work he and others like him do outside of the public view, giving freely of their time and services to help find the real truth, which for many is more important than justice.

This is a book for everyone, not just those with an interest in the law or the Criminal Justice system. It is a wake-up call for the individual, the everyday man or woman in our society. It is inspiring, empowering, motivational and moving. Mr. Mansfield's compassion for his clients and the society he serves shines through the book, which, since buying it I have found hard to put down. a book such as this is a well overdue in today's society

As an Expert Witness myself this book has sharpened my focus and motivation, and as a Consultant Trainer it has sharpened my resolve and determination to support those I train against the sometimes overwhelming odds faced when taking on large organisations and government departments.

Mr. Mansfield's book is brilliant, and I genuinely mean that most sincerely. I will be recommending it as a standard read for all of our trainers.

Mark Dawes