Profile for HarvardAlum321 > Reviews

Dreamland Size 40 x 35 cm Thermo Therapy Heatpad
Dreamland Size 40 x 35 cm Thermo Therapy Heatpad
Price: 29.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working After 5 Months, 17 April 2014
Some people say that folding a heating pad diminishes it's ability to get warm. This is apparently true with this product. I've only had it for five months and now only one corner of it gets warm/hot. I use this for my back, shoulders and knees as I push myself in working out. Putting the pad on joints requires folding/bending the pad. I don't know if this is the main reason for the product malfunctioning, but whatever reason, it stopped working, and I'll now have to order another one. I do NOT recommend this product.

Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Lean Mass Gain Powder Vanilla Custard 2310g
Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Lean Mass Gain Powder Vanilla Custard 2310g
Price: 36.75

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best "Mass Gainer" Available, 8 April 2014
If you're skinny like me, you're probably keen to put on weight by having mass gainer shakes. Of course, keep in mind that your body will actually grow more from eating "real food' than just shakes. This was a lesson that took me months to learn (and it was quite an expensive lesson). I got a meal plan from a PT, and he recommended I increase my vegetables and rice (and good carbs). I was shocked that this helped me put on two pounds in one week. The micronutrients in real, healthy foods will help your muscles grow and develop more than a mass gainer -- even if the mass gainer has more "calories." Most mass gainers are full of junk carbs and sugar that don't really have any nutritional value -- so many of them just give you a belly rather than give you defined look.

That being said, mass gainers aren't bad so long as they aren't a crutch for a terrible diet. This one is the best of the lot, although the competition is not stiff.

Also, the Vanilla flavor in my opinion, is the BEST tasting protein shake I've ever had (and I've tried almost all of them). But taste shouldn't be your primary goal in a protein shake.

For me, it works best if you mix this with Hydro Whey for a great post-workout meal.

Planet Dinosaur (Blu-ray 3D) [2012]
Planet Dinosaur (Blu-ray 3D) [2012]
Dvd ~ Nigel Paterson
Price: 6.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a summary of two episodes. Why?, 8 April 2014
I didn't read all of the negative reviews, so this one is completely my fault.
But I was disappointed that they couldn't just upgrade all of the episodes into 3D. Why only do two of them?
That's so bizarre.

4KG HENCH NUTRITION HI-CALORIE MASS GAINER / WEIGHT GAIN WHEY PROTEIN POWDER - CHOCOLATE
Offered by Hench Nutrition
Price: 36.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Protein Shake Ever; It's Diabetes in the Making, 8 April 2014
Keep in mind that obviously most "mass gainers" are full of sugar and junk carbs in order to get a high calorie count. Of course, all calories aren't equal. Muscles don't grow from sugar and junk. You need the right mix of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. So for that reason, if you're skinny like me, be wary of all mass gainers.

But this one was the worst one I've ever had. It really felt like a huge tub of pure sugar. This won't make you "hench", it will just make you fat and possibly give you diabetes.

And there is barely any protein in it at all. If you're looking for something a bit better, go for the Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Gainer, as it's far better for putting on lean mass.

LG NB2020A Speaker Bar
LG NB2020A Speaker Bar
Price: 75.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure I Really Needed It, 8 April 2014
I purchased this for the TV for one of the bedrooms in my home (so perhaps, that was my mistake). Unless you're watching a "big blockbuster film", it's not really needed. Flat-screen TVs tend to have terrible speakers, so they've conveniently offered this product to rectify a problem they themselves introduced. But for basic TV shows and news, this speaker bar isn't needed.

Also, the remote control on this is not great. It works, but it's not the best.

ZMA DELUXE FORMULA 500mg 240 CAPSULES MUSCLE GROWTH-TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER
ZMA DELUXE FORMULA 500mg 240 CAPSULES MUSCLE GROWTH-TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER
Offered by DELUXE SUPPLEMENTS
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Sleep, but your body adapts, 8 April 2014
I never purchased this item as a "test booster." All the research tends to show that this really doesn't do anything to boost your testosterone levels. However, I did try this to help me get more restful sleep at night.

For the first few nights, I found that this disrupted my sleep. But after that, I found that it helped me get a deeper more satisfying restful sleep.

Unfortunately, it stopped having an affect after seven or eight months. Perhaps, that's to be expected. So use it sparingly if you use it for sleep.

Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Offered by Jasmine Silk
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - not too tight, 8 April 2014
I'm very sensitive to light in the morning, and so I need something to sleep with. But at the same time, if the band is too tight then it irritates me. This one was good value product.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder Drink Mix Creamy Vanilla 1.8 kg
Price: 45.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Evening Snack But Leaves Clumps, 8 April 2014
Optimum Nutrition tends to be the highest quality protein on the market. Amazon sells this at a relatively good price as well. Casein is particularly helpful for evenings and nights (immediately before bed). Casein is a slow release protein that helps your body adapt and recover over night.

My only complaint is that this protein clumps a bit more than other casein versions I've tried. But overall, it's good stuff.

Jurassic Park [Blu-ray] [1993] [US Import]
Jurassic Park [Blu-ray] [1993] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Jurassic Park
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 19.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Britsh TV and UK Blu Ray Player, 4 Sep 2013
I purchased this 3D Blu Ray disc while I was in the US recently. I was uncertain as to whether it would work on my British TV and Blu Ray player (as often these discs are regionally encoded to only work on one continent).

I took the risk, and it paid off. The 3D Blu Ray works, and the picture looks great. I have a 2012 LG 3D TV, and a 2013 LG 3D Blu Ray player. (I also tried it on a Playstation 3, and it worked there too). I'm not sure if the disc works all over the world or whether it's my devices can play different regions. I would guess the 3D Blu Ray disc itself is region free, because it worked on both the LG player and the PS3.

But I will be picking up discs in the US more often now...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 8:24 PM GMT

Life in the United Kingdom: Official Practice Questions and Answers, 2013 Edition
by TSO (The Stationery Office)
Price: 7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Practice Questions, 26 July 2013
This book contains around 15 or 16 practice exams. I took all the questions and read through all the answers. This book will show you how the test is laid out. There are always several questions regarding British history. There are several questions regarding "pop culture" (although I don't know why, as it's completely irrelevant). There is always a question or two about geography and British territories. There are always three or four questions about British politics (past and present). And there are always one or two questions about "British values."

Buy this book and you'll see the patterns of how the test works. Moreover, you'll find the areas where you're weak and need to go back and study.

You should obviously also buy the history books as well. But this one is essential to assessing how much you know about "Life in the UK."

One final point -- new editions of these books seem to come out every March. So if you're taking the test after March 2014, you may want to search for the latest edition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5