Profile for J. M. Hewison > Reviews

Magnetic Flying Insect Door Window Curtain Magic Bug Mesh Fly Screen
Magnetic Flying Insect Door Window Curtain Magic Bug Mesh Fly Screen
Offered by Shop Monk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent product and a very good price. Quick efficient service.

Cosipet Greyhound Extreme, 24-inch/ 61 cm, Brown
Cosipet Greyhound Extreme, 24-inch/ 61 cm, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury coat, 1 May 2013
Beautifully finished coat which is both waterproof and warm. The under body flap is a real bonus as it keeps my greyhound's bare tummy nice and cosy.

Kong Air Squeaker Donut, Medium
Kong Air Squeaker Donut, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun, 1 May 2013
Super tough toy. My greyhound really loves it and will run after it for hours. Expensive but worth the investment

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Training choice, 19 Jan 2013
*I had never used a clicker before but thought I would give it a try. Super results very quickly. Our greyhound rescue (notoriously slow to learn) comes back on recall. Although it may seem expansive for a clicker, the quality is excellent and with the wrist strap is easy to carry around.

The World's Most Bizarre Murders
The World's Most Bizarre Murders
by James Marrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 19 Jan 2013
If you are a fan of detective magazines you will love this book. I bought it for a gift for Christmas and it is now being avidly read by all our crowd.

Cosipet Greyhound Extreme, 28-inch/ 71 cm, Brown
Cosipet Greyhound Extreme, 28-inch/ 71 cm, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Cosy Coat, 19 Jan 2013
Superb quality coat which I would recommend wholeheartedly. DO be careful with your measurements though. Make sure you get the coat long enough. Willow is well happy to go out in it. It is comfortable for lying down in too and the flap underneath makes for a nice warm tummy.

The Amazing Mrs Shufflewick: The Life of Rex Jameson
The Amazing Mrs Shufflewick: The Life of Rex Jameson
by Patrick Newley

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazing, 22 Jun 2010
Only knowing the name of Mrs Shufflewick from my dear old granny, I was delighted with this biography. It gave a real insight into the world of burlesque and variety theatre and showed just how hard it was to make it before the days of cable and the net. An intersting read.

Kiss The Girls / Along Came A Spider / Sum of All Fears [DVD]
Kiss The Girls / Along Came A Spider / Sum of All Fears [DVD]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Freeman at his best, 22 Jun 2010
Of the three films, I personally consider that The Sum of All Fears is by far the best. A taut thriller adapted from Clancey's novel of the same name, it grips from beginning to end. I won't give the game away, just watch it. The other two films, based on James Patterson's "Dr. Cross" novels, are also excellent adaptations to the big screen. If you haven't read any of the books, I highly recommend them to you. All in all, three great films worth anyone's time to watch.

Machiavelli and the Mayflower: How to Understand the Europeans
Machiavelli and the Mayflower: How to Understand the Europeans
by Bob Gillespie

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Machavellian, 22 Jun 2010
Although I consider myself far from academic, I'm not daft but I found this book truly incomprehensible. I suppose that I had hoped for a more Bill Bryson approach, but frankly I feel that unless you are a statistician, it will be meaningless - and boring in the extreme.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 7:00 PM BST

CRY FROM THE HEART, A
CRY FROM THE HEART, A
by Margaret Crosland

3.0 out of 5 stars No regrets????, 22 Jun 2010
This review is from: CRY FROM THE HEART, A (Paperback)
I was rather disappointed with this biography. I felt it didn't tell me anything that I couldn't have read in the newspapers. Piaf comes across as a very unsympathetic spoint brat - and although I am sure this may be true in part, I feel she warrants a deeper look at her life. However, to anyone with no knowledge of the singer, it would serve as a jumping offpoint to further reading.

Page: 1 | 2