Profile for laineyf > Reviews

Content by laineyf
Top Reviewer Ranking: 687

laineyf "widnes" (warwickshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fabulous Foil Galt
Fabulous Foil Galt
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun!, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fabulous Foil Galt (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the perfect thing for a bored child on a rainy day! It's easy, colourful, and the end results are lovely. My grand daughter and I spent a very happy afternoon creating with this foil kit, and we will definitely be playing with it again. Recommended

Monarch [DVD]
Monarch [DVD]
Dvd ~ TP McKenna
Price: 12.05

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing................., 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Monarch [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not a fan of Henry VIII. I have very mixed feelings about the 'Magnificent Monarch' and his legendary 'love' affairs. So I was intrigued by the concept of this film. It portrays Henry in a less than glorious way, which personally, I like. This King was beset by so many demons, and all of his own making, in my opinion. He was a tyrant, and his treatment of his Queens was hateful. God help anyone who crossed him! I have no sympathy for him, as I believe that he is a true personification of the saying that 'absolute power corrupts absolutely.' I know that times were different then, that he had all this power handed to him, and that by the end of his life, he was a haunted man, and I think this is portrayed very well by this film. It was interesting, if somewhat disjointed in parts, but I found my concentration wandering a little at times. Worth a watch though.

Out of The Furnace [DVD] [2013]
Out of The Furnace [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Soooooo Slow................, 12 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I expected great things from this film,as it has an excellent cast, (which is the reason I have given it 3 stars), so I settled down to enjoy! It is sooooo slow, so tedious, and I thought, predictable. It SHOULD have been good, but sadly was so long drawn out that I completely lost interest, to the point where I just wanted it to end. Not at all what I'd expected, and a complete let down with such a good cast.

After the Bombing
After the Bombing
by Clare Morrall
Price: 14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars wartime scars., 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: After the Bombing (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'After the Bombing' by Clare Morrall is a story that had me moved to tears by the description of loss and desolation. We have grown up after the war years, we know what happened, the dates, the battles, the losses and the destruction. To see it through the eyes of Alma and her schoolgirl friends somehow makes it more 'real' to me, if that makes sense. Alma and the other girls live through the raids, see the devastating aftermath, endure terrible and tragic consequences. Then, 21 years later, Alma is looking back at those times, and the changes that have been made, the lessons that have been learned. But have they really? The people who survived wartime were left with permanent, indelible scars that will never heal, and are all casualties of war in their own way. The poignancy of loss, the futility of war are portrayed so powerfully in this book, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

The Fortune Hunter
The Fortune Hunter
by Daisy Goodwin
Price: 13.19

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Fortune Hunter (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'The Fortune Hunter' by Daisy Goodwin is the story of Sisi, the Empress of Austria, and her visit to England to enjoy the legendary hunting, of which she is so fond. Sisi is renowned for her beauty, her charm, her power, and her superb horsemanship. When she arrives in England, she is presented with the services of Captain Bay Middleton as her guide during hunting expeditions. Bay has a chequered past, he is a 'player' a man who women find irresistable, and he takes full advantage of that! When their paths cross, both Bay and Sisi find themselves caught up in a situation that can have only one outcome. Bay has been intrigued and charmed by Charlotte, the Lennox heiress, who is a 'nice' girl, easy to be around, and very genuine. How does a girl like Charlotte compete with the fascinating, decadent and captivating Sisi - is it even possible to do so? This book oozes opulence, fascination and intrigue, and I was enthralled from beginning to end. Recommended.

NOCO G7200UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
NOCO G7200UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
Price: 39.22

4.0 out of 5 stars very happy hubby!, 8 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I knew my husband would be delighted with this battery charger, which is now happily ensconced in his workshop. He is very impressed by the compact design, the ease of use and the power of the product. He says it is a very welcome, useful addition to his toolkit, and will be invaluable to him.

TDK T32842 ST170 Phone Control Headphones - Black
TDK T32842 ST170 Phone Control Headphones - Black
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive....................., 8 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones look good, feel good, and provide great sound! They are very comfortable to wear, being lightweight, with no annoying chafing of my ears, so that is an added bonus in my book! The quality of sound is brilliant, crystal clear, no echoing, no tinniness. I think that these headphones are very impressive, and recommend them happily.

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2014 - 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2014 - 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars what I expected, 8 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I expect a product from McAfee to be quality, easy to use/install, and to provide my laptop with good protection, safety, security, and updates - and that is exactly what this product does. I use my laptop for social purposes mainly, and am happy that this product provides the security that I want. Recommended

Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit, Grey
Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit, Grey
Price: 26.06

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for the job!, 8 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this item mainly because I was intrigued to find out more about the mattress cleaning attachment. I'm so glad that I did get it, because the attachment really works! No matter how thoroughly, or how often a mattress is cleaned, debris gets left behind, but this attachment makes light work of cleaning. The set comes with extensions for a VAX speaker, all of which make the job easier, but for me, the mattress cleaning attachment is the main advantage

Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Spring Fresh 1500 ml (Pack of 4)
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Spring Fresh 1500 ml (Pack of 4)
Price: 18.36

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product!, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, this Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Spring Fresh has proved to be an absolute life-saving product for me! My clothes were badly affected by damp/mould due to flooding, and I seriously doubted that I would be able to salvage anything. However, thanks to this fantastic product, all is not lost! The liquid is just added to the fabric conditioner compartment of the washing machine, and then works its magic, fragrancing and freshening everything beautifully! All of my things had a horrible, musty smell to them, but are now clean and fresh after being washed with this. The fragrance is light and fresh, and leaves clothes smelling lovely. It is long-lasting, and economical to use, as 1 capful is all it takes. I really can't recommend this product highly enough, it's brilliant! Very happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20