Profile for Mr. W. Hampson > Reviews

86mm UV FILTER
86mm UV FILTER
Offered by Keene Retail Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: 86mm UV FILTER (Electronics)
Easy to use- does the job, screw onto lens then forget about it. Simple and Easy

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamron - AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 DI II VC LD Aspheric [IF] Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR, 23 Dec 2009
I purchased this lens after a review on a computer magazine and I am not disappointed. The view through the lens is bright and clear. Focus is quick, I have nit had any hunting for focus problems. Like all zooms there is a tendency for lens creep, and you need to hold the zoom barrel if shooting at an up angle. The lens zoom appears to be stiff at the 100 MM mark, I have tried this on a Nikon version as well - same stiffness, but not enough to make it annoying.

Images - are great, detailed, sharp - I am more than pleased with the results I have been getting at all light and ISO combinations. In fact I liked the Canon version so much I bought a Nikon version for the D90

Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card
Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card
Offered by Office Nerd

4.0 out of 5 stars GB Card, 23 Dec 2009
Relieable? Yes, Fast? No. Good card, great for a days shoot of landscape or wildlife, not suitable for sport photography as it is slow to write, but that was expected. I shoot landscape and wildlife so have no need for fast card. I like it as I can now have my mix of RAW+JPG and not have to change cards too often.