Profile for Sam > Reviews

Content by Sam

Sam "Sam" (Worthing West Sussex UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bloody Justice: The Truth Behind the Bandido Massacre at Shedden
Bloody Justice: The Truth Behind the Bandido Massacre at Shedden
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Justice, The truth behind the Bandido Massacre, 12 Jun 2014
I was recommended this book by a good friend, it is not the genre of book I would normally have chosen to read hence my review. I admit, I know nothing about "bikers" and didn't really want to, but this book has brought about a good understanding of the brotherhood that are bikers, the author has explained the complexities of membership, the hierarchy within the group in a very clear and understanding way to the layman (or woman). This book covers all of the events wonderfully well and most descriptively, starting with the discovery of the 8 dead men, the early life of one of the accused, how he came about to be affiliated with the Bandido's, the background leading up to the events on that fateful night including in some graphic detail what happened allegedly, to the arrests and trial of all the accused. Ms Arvast went into great narrative concerning the prosecution and defence and explained what the Jury had to deliberate over and what form of sentence, if any, should be delivered. I was thoroughly enthralled by this telling of an awful incident in Canadian history, to the point that I have an interest in the soon to be upcoming appeals, I believe in September this year. You can tell that the author has spent many a long hour pouring over this case both physically and mentally, I admire that. Highly recommend this book, even if your not a biker chick/fella, but are interested in real life Justice.

Silverline Silverstorm 263511 Bench Grinder 150W 150mm
Silverline Silverstorm 263511 Bench Grinder 150W 150mm
Price: 19.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Silverline bench grinder - perfect for the "shed dweller" in your life, 2 July 2012
My husband has been wanting one of these for ages - over the years he seems to have accumlated many shaped/sized chisels, all of which are blunt. I saw him looking on the internet for one of these and brought this one. He is very happy with this purchase, however, one of the plastic see through guard flappy things has cracked (his own fault as he over tightened the screw - so do be careful - easily fixable) and on arrival the right side stone (the smooth one) the mounting plate for the guide bar was bent - big hole in the box, not postal fault as the amazon delivery box was in perfect condition - we believe it got damaged in the holding bay/type place where its stacked up...but my husband managed to bend it straight with pliers and a bit of elbow power. when you switch it on, is has a gentle hum which gets a little louder as the wheels speed up (i actually think its comforting sound - but don't tell OH i told you that) but it is not loud, it apparantly works really well, he has done half his chisels, he has cleaned up scrapers, my garden hoe, and attempted my shears - but he can't do the whole length of the shear blade as the grinding wheel space is too narrow but he only misses about 2 inches off the fattest part of the shear blade, he has told me he is going to persevere with it and see if he finds a better "knack". I am very pleased with this grinder and my husband is over the moon - its compact, not too noisy, does the jobs he needs it to do, and a very reasonable price. I opted for super saver delivery, and it came in 3 days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2012 9:34 PM BST

Chimney C Cap Disused Terracotta Colour
Chimney C Cap Disused Terracotta Colour
Offered by Fluesystems
Price: 17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Chimney C Cap for dis-used chimney, 2 July 2012
Recently we experienced very bad weather and we had an awful lot of rain water fall through our chimney pot and flood everywhere - so we found out the hard way our new houses chimney is not capped or blocked off. This cover, fitted the bill perfectly, it was easy to assemble with the 2 U bendy holding clips - and the inclusion of an insect trap, so that flies, bees, wasps don;t fly up and under and into front room, which also acts as "air hole/ventilation" too. Dead easy to put over our chimney pot (asked windo cleaner a huge favour as we don't own a ladder) he just plonked it on, on the angle and gave it a firm but gentle thwack, and hey presto. It is already noticeable that the wind no longer howls down, and we have had no further rain coming down. I can't vouch for its warmth retaining abilities, when the heating is on - as its only July (feels like October though, lol) - hence the 4 stars, we also just instaled an electric fire over the hearth hole anyway. But good solid and very reasonably priced cap that is more or less invisible when you look up too - its not ugly or in your face, and if your chimney pot hole is less that 280mm, i would whole heartedly recommend.

Radflek Radiator Reflectors (3 Sheets, Fits 3-6 Radiators)
Radflek Radiator Reflectors (3 Sheets, Fits 3-6 Radiators)

4.0 out of 5 stars Radflek Rad reflectors (6 pack), 22 Jun 2012
Given it 4 stars as not had chance to see how good the reflection is...and we haven't had a winter in our new home yet to fully see its warmth effectiveness. But if its as good as described we should be nice and toasty this coming winter.

The 6 radiator pack could be mis-leading, its 3 sheets of a shiny material thats like really REALLY thick bacofoil, one side is very conveniently marked up with squares for easier cutting to size. we managed to fully line 3 of our big radiators (the gap between brackets on our 3 radiators varied between 32 inches and 46 inches) with 2 off-cuts and clever usage of a 4th bracket we managed to get a fourth radiator seen to.....which was very handy for us as have 4 rads on outside walls. Therefore, there was very little wastage and we only had to cut about 2 inches from the bottom of the sheets, as our radiators aren't that tall.

Extremely easy instructions - anyone could do it. The creasing of the material was quite hard to ease out, but if you lay the sheets on a hard floor or dining table you can push your thumb along the crease line to semi flatten, they recommend removal once a year for a quick dust off to improve the reflection in successive years.

I can really see the potential in this product time will tell, and i will update on what i think of the imprived warmth factor.

Weber Compact 47cm Charcoal BBQ Black
Weber Compact 47cm Charcoal BBQ Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Weber 47 cm Compact BBQ, 30 May 2012
This simply is the best charcoal bbq we have owned. Extremely easy to assemble, my husband used socket (size 11) for tightening the nuts - careful not to over tighten on the vents or you can't open/close them with ease. It looks very stylish, and despite its realitvely small size it cooks a surprising amount - so far have cooked 2 racks of ribs, a whole spatchcocked chicken, and a whole leg of lamb butterflied - not all at the same time! meat remains so moist, perfect authentic bbq flavour unlike the gas varieties. I do have one gripe though - as you can cook using 2 methods - direct and indirect - it would have been nice if Weber, included a "drip" tray for the indirect cooking method, which is what i use for cooking the chicken and lamb. so do arm yourself with plenty of strong tin foil, or, the medium (for the 47cm) sized tin foil containers (large take away containers). It is very portable and lightweight - and it fed 6 easily, could have done more.

Hugo Boss Femme Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 50 ml
Hugo Boss Femme Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 50 ml
Offered by UK Fragrance Deals
Price: 23.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Hugo Boss - Femme, 14 May 2012
I love this perfume anyway, and needed - yes i "needed" some more. Good price, and quick delivery. I do not want to cast aspersions, but I am worried about the genuineness of the product - as my exisiting bottles, from high street stores - have the word "femme" on the shoulder of the bottle, under where the top fits on. The smell is exactly right, the aroma does last too, the colour is exactly right - just that slight difference in the bottle - but that could be a newer design of the bottle I am not sure. Good value pricing for a wonderful smell.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2012 11:44 AM BST

Norton Antivirus 2012, 1 Computer, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton Antivirus 2012, 1 Computer, 1 Year Subscription (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Norton Security 2012, 14 May 2012
Not the first time i have brought Norton from this supplier. Not much to really say - it does what it says on the tin. Very good customer service, excellent delivery, and so far excellent product. So easy to install too - slide the disc in and click a few buttons, type in your long code - and away you go, safe for another 12 months.

M&C Green-UM Lawn Burn Control New for Dogs (250 Tablets)
M&C Green-UM Lawn Burn Control New for Dogs (250 Tablets)
Price: 20.04

4.0 out of 5 stars a little miracle, 17 April 2012
i was so sceptical about this product - especially after trying the dog rocks, my dog is a fussy thing - she will drink out of the muddiest yuckiest puddles - but anything in her water bowl other than water and she will turn her nose up.

I so wanted to try something/anything to stop her wee's killing my lawn (especially before we moved to a much smaller garden) -I saw these, and thought yeah yeah!! mumbo jumbo - but worth the money to give it a go - it was hard to tell if these little "miracle pills" worked at our old address as the grass was so awful - but she was on these for about 4-5 weeks before we moved - and i have to say - a further 4 weeks later in new home - we have a dog wee dead spot/patches free lawn. I am amazed - it really does work - my dog has to have 2 tabs a day for her weight, which is handy as she has one in the morning with her breakfast and one in the late afternoon for her dinner - she is fed on dry complete dog food - and she just eats the tablets, in fact she hunts them out as she obviously loves the taste, first lol. they smell a little like marmite/proper real ale - quite yeasty - and apparently they are chicken flavoured too. I shall be getting another bottle of this product when i am getting low.

Update on review..... 7 weeks into our new property, and sadly i have to report that the burn/dead patches are plaguing us again, however, i am loathed to stop my dog using these tablets as i am wondering would the patches be worse without her having these tablets? what a quandry???

further update...... 4 months now - and the burn patches are definitely fading and growing back (tad slowly, but they are reviving) - not noticed "new" patches for a while. it looks like this does really work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2013 11:40 AM GMT

Morphy Richards Accents 47094 Digital Filter Coffee Maker, Red
Morphy Richards Accents 47094 Digital Filter Coffee Maker, Red
Offered by Fonz Mania
Price: 68.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents (red) digi coffee maker, 8 April 2012
This makes a smashing cup of filter coffee - it has a lovely blue dial (the round thing in the middle of the red front) which has a clock on it, and an indicator as to how long a full pot of coffee has been left to keep warm. I have had my maker for 4 months now - and the hot plate really does keep coffee "hot" a good hour after finishing the brew. The glass jug is an excellent size, with good pouring spout - one of the best we have owned that doesn't spill coffee as you pour. I do have to pull it out from under the wall units to fill the machine up - as the top flap when open makes the machine quite tall, but that for me is no inconvenience. its fairly quiet too, and the blue light lights up the kitchen well at night time.

Hailo L40 150 kg Capacity Aluminium Stepladder (7 Steps)
Hailo L40 150 kg Capacity Aluminium Stepladder (7 Steps)
Offered by Abbey Access Ltd
Price: 68.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hailo 7 Steps, Step Ladder, 8 April 2012
Having recently moved to a bungalow we needed a decent set of steps, that offered height, sturdyness combined with lightness at a great price. These steps have it all - nice wide steps at the bottom tapering slightly to the top, ever so light weight for moving around from garage to front of property - very sturdy and rigid and a feeling of safeness while tree trimming too. the price is amazing for this product - would highly recommend - if i could pick one flaw - we have found the "platform" the flat bit at the top of the steps (where you would put a paint pot) slighty narrow - as the steps slightly taper going up so does the platform, but its not a huge problem. they also have nice metal wirey safety cable on each side for extra security.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4