Profile for Mark Ferries > Reviews

Mark Ferries

The Milk-Eyed Mender
The Milk-Eyed Mender

5.0 out of 5 stars milk eyed superstar, 12 Aug. 2005
This review is from: The Milk-Eyed Mender (Audio CD)
I was first introduced to Joanna Newson by a hapless dwarf who tried to preach to me the deep thought techniques that provoke eternal hapiness. I dismissed most of his views but when he forced me to listen to Newsom I was taken aback with joy. I truly believe she has the most beautiful voice in existance and plays the harp like pele played football. One thing I noticed is that half the time I don't understand what the hell her pretty lyrics are trying to portay, but when I do it is unstoppably witty and most importantly fun. Newson seems to sing about not much important but always about something joyful. I've heard endless criticism that her voice sounds like an angry cat being strangled although after a few listens you wonder why 'inspirational siner/songwriters' like norah jones, joss stone, etc don't sound like her. God knows what she means to call herself the milk-eyed mended but it's a timeless album and may she continue for many years. I truly belive that the sun doesn't orbit the earth but it follows Joanna Newsom.