Profile for Miss Monypenny > Reviews

Salamander: The Complete Season One [DVD]
Salamander: The Complete Season One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Filip Peeters

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 16 Mar 2014
I have been riveted to all twelve episodes of this "political" thriller and will be watching it again once the DVD is available. Without repeating the details of the plot that other review have so ably done already I can only say that this is one drama that had me on the edge of my seat. With an absorbing plot (that did not get so convoluted it became impossible to follow) it combines political intrigue, police investigation and links to the Second World War in a completely credible way. The acting is first class and the dialogue a blend of mostly Flemish and French. Can't recommend highly enough.

ANTIQUE PINE DISTRESSED WOOD SQUARE PICTURE PHOTO FRAME (5x5)
ANTIQUE PINE DISTRESSED WOOD SQUARE PICTURE PHOTO FRAME (5x5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit the bill perfectly for an awkward sized picture, 20 Aug 2013
I chose this frame as I had not had any luck finding a 5"x5" in any local stores and really wanted to be able to frame a greetings card that I had been given. The frame is great quality and goes well with the other frames I already have. The postage seemed a little expensive but the item arrived very quickly and was well packaged to prevent damage.

Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping thriller with a sense of humour!, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Argo (DVD + UV Copy) [2013] (DVD)
We enjoyed this film so much I bought it in DVD as a gift for my father who I hope will enjoy it as much as we did. A clever plot, edge of your seat drama and all in the knowledge that it's a true story. This is what great films are made of and it's no surprise it won the Oscar for Best Film.

Juma 2 Light Adjustable Floor Standard Satin Brass Finish
Juma 2 Light Adjustable Floor Standard Satin Brass Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality and value, 8 May 2012
Very pleased with the quality of this lamp - it is a really good weight and has a vey nice satin finish. It was easy and quick to assemble with the Allen key provided. The two lamps work independently and provide variable levels of lighting starting with a gentle light to allow you to to leave a room without disturbing a sleeping partner to a bright light for reading and tasks. The two lights have slightly different heights to allow them to be angled to cover a broad area. I am very pleased with this lamp and think it is very god value for money.

Scarves
Scarves
by Nicky Albrechtsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well received!, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Scarves (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a birthday gift for my Mum and she is delighted with it. The scarf-style fabric cover gives this book a really upmarket feel and there are loads of great illustrations and photographs. A proper coffee table book.