Profile for Mr. C. J. Harmer > Reviews

Does the job!

Olympus MF-2 OM Lens Adapter
Olympus MF-2 OM Lens Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, if expensive., 19 Mar. 2015
Great! One star down because it is far too expensive, but on the other hand it lets me use all of my OM sytem Zuiko lenses from my OM2.

m-Digita® Replacement iPhone 4 4G Battery. Brand New Internal Battery (Including free tool kit)
Offered by Apro

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery, but I think the real problem lies with Apple., 19 Mar. 2015
Oh dear. My second try at a new battery for my iPhone 4. What I would say is that the tools supplied are good, and for me, as an electronics engineer, taking the back off the phone, CAREFULLY changing the battrey, and VERY CAREFULLY tightening the tiny case screws very gently so as not to strip the threads, only took 10 minutes or so. But not for those who are all thumbs! However this was the second replacement battery that is no worse than the original - about 36 hours purely on standby from fully charged to under 10% charge. To be fair to them, the supplier took my word for this and refunded promply, without question, with a courteous apology, and let me keep the tools which is why this got two stars, not one. i think now that the only way to get a decent battery is from Apple, and accept you will get a new operating system that you may not like or want, and you may not get back your own phone. This iPhone is the last item I will ever buy from Apple, and I think the EU should make it mandatory that all phones must have easily replaceable batteries which Apple must supply, and there should be a memory expansion slot.

Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too cheap, 3 April 2014
Sorry, but I should have realised the quality I would get for this price. In life you ususally get what you pay for ... ...

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me ..., 3 April 2014
This monitor has had lots of good writeups and a number of top recommendations which is why I went for it. It is very well made, and the stand has excellent wide ranging adjustments and is both strong and wobble free. The screen has excellent colour rendering, and can be very bright if you want that. But, but ... I wanted something for pictures, videos, AND text. It may be OK for photography, but for routine word processing and spreadsheets the anti reflection coating is far too aggressive - its like looking through ground glass and is totally unacceptable (for me) for working with all day as an office screen. I tried another monitor but found the stand wobbly, flimsy, and lacking in adjustment, however I've paid the £100+ for an Eizo FZ2436W from PCbuyIT on Amazon, and I am absolutely over the moon with the quality. Robust construction, excellent fully adjustable stand, and far and away the best screen quality I've ever seen - better than my wife's new iMac. I can have two text documents side by side and comfortably readable, I can use it all day with no eye strain.

Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker
Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 3 April 2014
If you need a serious plunger, this has got to be the one. OK it seems a bit large at first, but just get it to work! This sorts out problems that other plungers just don't have the muscle for. Thoroughly recommended.

The Indomitable Beatie: Charles Hoare, C. B. Fry and the Captain's Lady
The Indomitable Beatie: Charles Hoare, C. B. Fry and the Captain's Lady
by Ronald Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 April 2014
A fascinating and under-rated glimpse into upper stratum late Victorian society - just amazing! It should be made into a film.

Simplicity D5 4-6-8-10-12 Sewing Pattern Inspired by Project Runway 2508 Misses Jackets

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks OK, 3 April 2014
Proper Nikon part identical to the original. But good grief these are expensive. So if you have to have it ...

Canon CL 52 - Print cartridge (photo) - 1
Canon CL 52 - Print cartridge (photo) - 1
Offered by INKSBROKER

3.0 out of 5 stars You have to have it ..., 3 April 2014
Not much choice but to buy an original Canon cartridge as I've had all sorts of probelms with 3rd party refills. But its an helluva lot of money considering how much ink they don't give you!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 April 2014
Well its OK, but not as attractive or as flexible as the items it is presumbaly replacing, and at this reduced quality is distinctly pricey - next time I'll get a 3rd party hose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3