Profile for emm > Reviews

Content by emm

emm (birmingham, w mids United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Flip Straw Tritan Drinks Sport Hydration Water Bottle 700ml Cycling Hiking BPA Free
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful hints to make this type of bottle work, 24 Aug. 2015
I have bought several of these from different suppliers including this and they are great..I keep leaving mine behind and have to buy a new one. A lot of people say about the trouble with sucking through the straw and not being able to drink steady flow. Well I like to 'guzzle' and I did try cutting the end off the straw..it did help a bit but not much. There is a design reason why uou can't gulp which I'll mention later but there is a way to easily gulp or drink steady flow...The thing with these is when you want a longer drink to just unscrew the top just a fraction, to break the seal and you can gulp the whole bottle through the straw if you want, just tighten the screw top again after. I love these..I use them in the gym, just going about and at home onealways on table next to me. because I always have them, I tend to leave them, in the taxi, at the gym doh. But always buy replacement. As for smashing...I have dropped all of mine on many many many occasions onto tarmac and all sorts of surfaces and never had a problem. Love that they are made from healthy plastic too. I always used to carry around an empty branded water bottle with sports closure which is great but gets mishapen and the plastic is very bad for your health and over time seeps into your body. Ref leaking, none of mine have leaked..the only way I can see it would leak unless faulty probably the air hole bung is missing or the hole in it is too big..or has been taken out by people thinking necessary to increase the flow. The reason there is a bung with a hole is that should allow the flow as your sucking lliquid and air out of a non squashy bottle....and if this little bung was misong it would leak through that hole. The reason the bung has a minute hole is to allow the air that you are sucking out of the bottle to be drawn in because the bottle is a fxed shape..this is why it only allows you to sip..otherwise the hole would need to be bigger and the item would not be sealed.remember the normal branded bottles don't have that airhole so as you suck the water out the bottle squishes. The reason these bottles only allow a sip at a time is because of that seal and they don't squash..which to me is a huge benefit. I did find it very frustrating at first but all you need to do is crack the seal a little by unscrewing the top a fraction when you want to gulp. Hope that helps.

Premier Housewares Egg Piercer, White/ Yellow
Premier Housewares Egg Piercer, White/ Yellow
Offered by style_boutiqueuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggsellent, 22 Aug. 2015
Eggsellent :-)
Takes away risk of cracked shells when boiling eggs and small enough to tuck into draw easily without taking up precious kitchen space. Useful little gadget..parents had something similar when I was a kid and delighted to find these type of things are back on the market. No danger of getting pricked as point hidden til pressed down onto something and using gives nice sharp prick to shell, no struggle or blunt risk of cracking..used on several different types and size of egg.

Jasmine Silk Pair of 100% 19 Momme Charmeuse Silk Pillowcases (IVORY) 50 cm x 75 cm - RRP £70
Offered by Jasmine Silk

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxury but bit big, 22 Aug. 2015
Ordered twin pack which arrived very quickly. Gorgeous piece of luxury. Bought because silk pillowcases are supposed to be very good for hair and help to stop breakage and due to period of illness and being bedbound my hair is breaking even more than normal so desperate for a bit of help. I have to say I think it is helping..seem to have less breakage..and hopefully after prolonged usage the difference will be even more noticeable once my hair has recovered. Also supposed to be very good to help avoid squashed face morning creases if you sleep on your front or side, but I sleep on my back so can't confirm, just letting you know but it makes sense. Once my hair has got back to normal I will try to update this or write a new review, whichever Amazon allows to say whether there continues to be reduction in breakage.... Aside from those benefits, it does feel like a lovely piece of luxury. Nice to have proper silk from reputable seller. I had done some research into the silks/silk mixes available for pillow cases on the market and this standard is best I could find. Was going to order direct from manufacturer on their site but bit cheaper on Amazon. Also, on ebay there are all sorts of people selling silk pillowcases for a fraction of the price but suspect many are not silk but blends or poor wuality even satin mix. I like a bargain but for reputable product this is actuallly a bargain..there are others selling this same item and quality for lot more.

I only took a point off because the pillowcases seem bigger volume than my pillows, but I don't like huge thick pillows, I use feather and down and they do squash down. If you have very plumped up pillows these will be perfect and better than trying to squeeze them in. The extra does not cause a problem, just means not as neat as would like although very well made and quality item.

Braun MQ100 Hand Blender, 450 Watt, White/ Green
Braun MQ100 Hand Blender, 450 Watt, White/ Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 21 July 2015
Works well, no problems. Had been looking for two speed but this is more than good enough. Beaker more useful than expected.

Large Faux Leather Ottoman Folding Storage Pouffe Toy Box Foot Stool Seat Single or Double in Black, Brown, Cream, Red or Pink (Cream, Double)
Offered by worldofbargain888

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 21 July 2015
Best price found for the cream one. Looks nice. Very heavy. Amazingky well packaged and protected. I dropped lid on corner from height..not damaged but the faux leather cover little pulled as result but my fault and did not break so shows how strong. Looks better than expected. Not able to make comment about how sturdy to sit on as I am in a wheelchair but hope to update when friend sits on it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2015 9:20 PM BST

Soap And Glory Hand Food Hand Cream 125ml
Soap And Glory Hand Food Hand Cream 125ml
Offered by Solretail LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone. Like marmite, like or loath, 24 May 2015
Not to my taste in smell and bit sticky but loved by many I know. I personally can not recommend but was gladly accepted by a friend.

Lorenz Ladies Small Genuine Soft Leather Cross Body / Shoulder Bag (1) # 1941 - Black
Offered by ZAZA ®

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft leather and easy accesse pockets., 24 May 2015
Expected cheap looking item. True does not look expensive but is a respectible small bag in soft leather. Surprisingly roomy for it's size....but it is still a small bag, don't be misled. Easily accessed pockets with good zips. I will buy another as will get plenty of use.

Savlon Advanced Healing Gel 50g
Savlon Advanced Healing Gel 50g
Offered by Easywellbeing

2.0 out of 5 stars New version terrible, 24 May 2015
I used the healing gel which was amazing!! Being paraplegic and susceptible to pressure sores and skin lesions I havve spent extensive times bedbound..once nearly a year trying all yhe lotions and potions prescribed and recommended but once didcovered this gel it instantly started healing me up! Miracle worker. Recommended to and used by all friends in same situation. Lol even a friend who had been gouged to pieces by her daughter's very unfriendly rabbit. Then..they changed the manufacturer and the formula was with the manufacturer so now diffeent look, ingredients and actions. Should not be allowed to be called the same name. So desperate was I reliant on the old product thst all my friends when travelling round the country were popping into chemists everywhere especially in small villages and posting me any old stock left on shelvrs. Even had extensive discussions with the supplier and they sent me old tubes and discussed the reasons for change...and the knowledge about formula and previous manufacturer came from here. The new one does not heal the same way, plops out the tube, leaves residue which flakes off the skin. Yet I still use it out of desperation as complete lack of altenative. The new manufacturer is Crest in the UK. Old one in Sweden. Wish the old manufacturer was reproducing the gel under a diffeent namre but been unable to find any info. Maybe they are not legally allowed to use the formula. Needless to say I am bedbound again and struggling to heal. Whereas, with the previous product, once healed, I comtinued to use it as maintenance so that as skin was experiencing wear and tear it was repairing daily and did not split. New product this is not possible. Sorry if this review is rambling

LP 763 Wrist & Thumb Support Small
LP 763 Wrist & Thumb Support Small
Offered by SDA-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Less pain, 17 Feb. 2015
Good feedback from recipient. Says hand/thumb hurts less

Putnams Knee Pillow
Putnams Knee Pillow
Offered by Cosyback

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab n recommend to anyone, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Putnams Knee Pillow
This is a fab item. I have seem some others where the foam is so hard it's bad for you and some where it squishes to nothing. This is fab..just the right amount of give and no risk of pressure sores. I am paralysed and use this so knees don't push on each other. Over time my weight has changed dramatically..initially skin n bone on knees and now much heavier but the item still gives correct amount of protection. Also helps with alignment so less pain above/near injury point. Also bought for a friend who has terrible trouble with her knees..reported back very favourably too. I would recommend to anyone. Also priced bit cheaper here than direct from Putnam. I bought one direct and one here. Same item, no defects, no imitation

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7