Profile for E. Bruno > Reviews

Content by E. Bruno

E. Bruno

A1CS FUSION5 Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - Android 4.0 ICS - 1GB RAM - 8GB STORAGE - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - Supports BBC Iplayer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tablet, 22 Jun 2012
I have been waiting for over a year to get a tablet and I did not want to get a ipad. I was going to get the Asus Transformer EEE Pad then I waited as they were going to bring out a newer version and again I have been waiting ever since as they kept on bringing out a newer version and I think it comes out at the end of this month or July the transformer prime. But then I thought what am I doing I won't get a tablet at this rate if I keep on waiting. I have read loads of reviews on tablets but could not decide which one to get. Then one of my work mates showed me the Fusion 5 and I thought WOW!!!
I have read all the reviews and the one thing that stood out to me was everyone was saying how helpful A1CS customer service (which you hardly find these days) was and how great the Fusion 5 tablet.

I ordered the tablet and keyboard on Monday 18th and it was here on Wednesday even though it had a delivery time of 22nd June - 4th July. I emailed A1CS if they would send me the pdf instruction manual so that I could read up on how the Fusion 5 worked while the tablet was being delivered within half a hour they sent me it. People have said that the user guide was useless but the one i had in the box was the same as the pdf format and was easy to understand. When the tablet arrived, in my haste I put on the screen protector and spent a good 5 - 10 minutes trying to get rid of a few bubbles but realised that these were on the Fusion 5 screen my heart sank. I got in contact with AC1S and they said the unit had a screen protector on there and when I looked closely there is a screen protector already on the unit. I felt like a compete wally. AC1S are sending me a free spare replacement screen protector when they did not have to as it was my fault so thank you.
update: the screen protector has just arrived in 1 day.

The wifi at work is rubbish it takes forever to get my laptop to connect and the web pages hangs BUT with this device it picked the wifi up without any problem and the web pages are fast. Even downloading and installing from google play is very fast. The Fusion 5 feels very solid and the screen is very responsive. YouTube and BBC iPlayer plays video without any lag and the picture is very crisp. What surprised me is when I am on YouTube/google play store you can speak to the device and it will find the pages you want which I did not know about. I downloaded where's my android and went to my pc and was amazed that this showed the location on google maps and I also rang the tablet's alarm this device is just brilliant . For the quality of the Fusion 5 and the price I could not be more happier and know that I have made the right choice at a fraction of the cost of the asus prime and even the ipad.

I have not used the keyboard yet as I love using the touch keyboard on the Fusion 5 lol

AVerMedia Game Capture HD (C281)-Record Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii HD Gameplay in Real-time up to 1080P
Offered by AVerMedia Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars AverMedia Game Capture Quality Test, 9 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well what can i say apart from what a excellent product.
I have always wanted a capture device that recorded in great high HD and also
allows me to capture without a pc. The AverMedia C281 does both and i am very impressed with the quality of my captured videos. I sit there watching my captured game play with a massive smile on my face. You cannot tell that you are actually watching the captured video it looks just like you are playing the game at that moment. This is a great product and is very easy to use. The other thing that stands out is that you get ALL CABLES yes ALL THE CABLES. You get a universal component cable which you can use with a PS3 (which i have) Xbox and Wii and also the component cable that goes from the AverMedia C281 to the tv inputs. You can put a 2.5 hard drive in the unit or if you want to you can use a USB memory stick.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2012 11:07 AM BST

Slimline USB External Dual Layer DVD+-RW drive Reads and writes both CD & DVD media. Slim and portable drive for laptops, Netbooks and desktop PCs. Works with Windows and Linux. In Saphire Blue to match Samsung NC10 Acer Aspire one and any other blue Netbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service, 25 Sep 2009
Well what can I say. I had been looking for a external USB DVD/CD writer to go with my blue Samsung NC10 notebook and did not know which one to get and came across this one and was very impressed with other people's reviews and thought I might as well buy this as the price was very reasonable. A week ago I thought I had ordered one but in fact I made a mistake and ordered a blue slimline CDROM DVDROM CDRW Combo drive from them (Computer Trading). I cancelled the order and emailed Computer Trading as I was worried that they would still charge and send this to me, I got a pleasant email from them saying don't worry and that the order was cancelled within half an hour and that they did not have the blue USB DVD/cd writer in stock.
I ordered a blue one on the 23rd September 09 and it arrived the very next day, even though my order invoice email said delivery estimate 28 Sep 2009 - 1 Oct 2009.
The unit was packaged very well, as others have said there is no software/drivers to install. I just plugged one of the USB leads into my NC10 and it worked. The unit is slightly bigger then a cd case, I think I will have to be a bit careful with the drawer unit when putting DVD's and CD's in as it does not feel very study BUT that is because I have only used pc's and big external writers which as you all know has thickness to them. The USB lead is short, which I can live with and you get a power cable as well. The blue colour is slightly off my Samsung blue but that could be down to how shiny the writer is. Just a warning and don't be a numpty like me when you first try and play a DVD make sure you have the correct codec's on your laptop as there was no sound from the DVD and it turned out to be that. I could play CD's without any problem. I thought there was a problem with the DVD drive so I googled my problem and that was the reason. Overall I am impressed with both the USB DVD/CD writer and the service from Computer Trading and would defiantly use them again.