Profile for R. Mcconnell > Reviews

Content by R. Mcconnell

R. Mcconnell "Transfixed" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
H & L Russel Ltd 4 Bar Trouser Hanger with 4 Non-Slip Easy Access Swing Bars To Hold 4 Pairs Of Trousers, Adult Size
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Swing out trousers, 19 April 2014
I'm ordering another of these, brilliant space saving!
Well made and a very smart quality chrome finish. Should last years.

Visconti Monza Mens Leather Tab Fastened Wallet # MZ-2
Visconti Monza Mens Leather Tab Fastened Wallet # MZ-2
Offered by David Viggers Ltd
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My new wallet, 7 Jun 2013
This is the best and most sensible wallet that I have ever owned. The credit card compartments are a little tight at first, but overall the wallet is very well made and set out. I am thinking of buying another to keep for when my existing one wears out.

Breville VKJ378 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ378 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 7 Jun 2013
I love this kettle - I know its an inanimate object, but it is a lovely kettle.

The Breville VKJ378 is a squat, friendly little beast that has a comforting growl when boiling water, not the usual lung rattling clangour that most kettles produce. Whilst doing its thing, it has a soft blue light that glows comfortingly through the clear dome of the lid and also illuminates the inner spout... Charming.

This kettle is well made and user friendly, I'm dead chuffed with the VKJ387 me!

Easy Peasy Chinese: Mandarin Chinese for Beginners (Reissues Education 2014)
Easy Peasy Chinese: Mandarin Chinese for Beginners (Reissues Education 2014)
by Elinor Greenwood
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & enjoyable introduction to Mandarin., 16 Jan 2012
Fascinating language, fascinating tones, fascinating pinyin, linked to beautiful written characters. This introductory book to learning Mandarin is colourful and fun (and cheap on Amazon!). I bought 'Easy Peasy Mandarin' because I was interested in learning Mandarin, if perhaps it wasn't too daunting. Well, this book has got me hooked! I have found Mandarin a much more engaging language to learn and speak compared to the French and German I have accrued. The DVD is jolly and follows the format of the book closely. I have since sourced a teacher and am really enjoying my new journey.

Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Price: 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Feats don't fail me now, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: Feats Don't Fail Me Now (Audio CD)
I bought the LP as a lad, I've forgotten how much I loved it - This is a 'must have' album, a classic!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Kilt Pin, 20 Jun 2011
Well made Kilt Pin in Pewter. Made in Cornwall, so I wonder... has it any Cornish tin in the mix?
The 'Blade' end on mine has a hammered finish - I would have preferred the smooth finish as the photo suggests - I'm happy with it though.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Mac)
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Mac)
Offered by Consultant
Price: 21.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Snow Leapard upgrade, 20 Jun 2011
It's good, not brilliant, but worth it - I clean installed straight from Panther and for around 20, sweet - don't forget to BACK UP YOUR FILES. Apple stuff is soooo expensive, but this it excellent value.

MATES King Size Condoms 12 king size condoms
MATES King Size Condoms 12 king size condoms

5.0 out of 5 stars Mates King Size Condoms, 2 Sep 2010
Normal sized condoms are a little too tight and uncomfortable, constricting. I really like the MATES King Size! Very comfy around my 14+cm girth and long enough too. Hope this helps, It's a very awkward subject for some men to broach - Who do you ask!!??

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe (PS2)
The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe (PS2)
Offered by 4GamersUK
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A pressy for the wife, 11 Feb 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well, I can no longer get near the TV... My wife loves the Narnia books and says that this is the best present I ever bought her!
Nuff said.

Practical Research: Planning and Design
Practical Research: Planning and Design
by Paul D. Leedy

4.0 out of 5 stars Putting together a proposal?, 11 Feb 2010
Practical Research: Planning and design, is an invaluable text for those putting together any form of proposal.
A fine reference book.