Profile for Cathy Bramley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sealed with a Christmas Kiss
Sealed with a Christmas Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Novella to Warm The Heart, 2 Dec. 2014
Since reading Sealed with a Christmas Kiss last year, I've been dying to return to Auchenor and see how Kate and Roddy were getting on in Duntarvie House and so I was delighted to see that Racheal Lucas was publishing a follow-on book. And to find that we're back on the island at CHRISTMAS and with a WEDDING business to launch, well, my cup overfloweth! This is a delightful read, full of festive fun, beautiful scenery and most of all love. What more could you ask from a Christmas Novella?

More from Auchenor please!

The Best Thing That Never Happened To Me
The Best Thing That Never Happened To Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, Entertaining and Deliciously Different, 18 Jun. 2014
I adored this debut novel! The book is written in more or less alternate chapters by each of the main characters Holly and Alex. It's the perfect combination of male and female humour and I loved seeing the same event through both person's eyes. Both Holly and Alex have a best friend and these characters were fabulous too. Kev, particularly, made me howl. The ending was excellent and, without giving too much away, I was so glad that Holly did what she did... Can't wait for the next book from this pair!

Dear Thing
Dear Thing

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Emotional and Totally Absorbing, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Dear Thing (Kindle Edition)
It has been several weeks since I finished reading Dear Thing and yet it has stayed with me. At the time, I was totally glued to it; I found myself carrying the book around the house, a thumb marking my place so that I could sneak the odd page in between jobs.
The story itself was unlike any other I've read. The three main characters of Ben, Claire and Romily set off on a course of action destined to end in heartbreak and whilst I normally go for a 'happy ending story', Dear Thing will be one that I recommend to all my friends.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not Wearing Any Knickers, 30 Jan. 2014
I realised recently as I browsed through my 'bought' items that you could probably tell a lot from someone's Amazon basket. I bought this badge - and stuck it in my accountant's birthday card!

Me and Mr Jones
Me and Mr Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-warming love story, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Me and Mr Jones (Kindle Edition)
I've been saving this book for ages, looking at it now and again as if it was an expensive box of chocolates that should only be opened on a special occasion. It was worth buying for the fabulous cover alone! But last week I delved in and oh, what a treat! Wonderful characters, beautiful setting, and a fantastic storyline with goodies (Alicia was probably my favourite) baddies (a certain someone got his comeuppance) and a plenty of gentle love stories. Thank you, Lucy for a delightful few hours spent reading your book!

Where Dreams Come True: A Year in the Arcade, Episodes 1-12: A Year in the Arcade

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Eastenders in print form!, 28 Jan. 2014
After buying the January 2013 episode of The Arcade I was hooked and bought the full novel immediately. The story follows the 12 business who occupy the 13 unit Victorian Angell's arcade in a small seaside town. Each month the owner of one of the businesses takes centre stage and we get to learn about the goings on in the arcade through their eyes.
It was completely addictive and crammed with larger than life characters, dramatic goings on, romance, extra-marital affairs, cross-dressing, a hostage situation, missing children, attempted murder and even a lesbian kiss... Heaven knows how much the insurance must cost to run a business in this arcade!
Absolutely fab, pure escapism and I can't wait to read January 2014 episode to find out what on earth Joan Collins is up to.
Buy it!! Then I've got someone to talk to about it :)

The Arcade: Episode 1, January, The Vintage Boutique
The Arcade: Episode 1, January, The Vintage Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moreish!, 9 Jan. 2014
After reading Episode 1 I immediately downloaded the full novel. The characters are totally believable, the storyline is delightful, intriguing and totally moreish - I can't wait to read the other 11 episodes!

The Family Trap
The Family Trap

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read follow up to Can't Live Without, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Family Trap (Kindle Edition)
I loved Stella in Can't Live Without and I loved her in this. Joanne Phillips does an excellent job of moving Stella from one disaster to another whilst still retaining a believable story. Great fun read and lots of laugh out loud moments. I particularly liked the scenes in the old people's home.

Can't Live Without
Can't Live Without
by Joanne Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Stella(r) Debut Novel From Joanne Phillips, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Can't Live Without (Paperback)
I want Stella as my BFF! I really sympathise with her lacksidaisical attitude to life (well, how was I supposed to know that you don't get a letter when your MOT is due?).
Can't Live Without is a page-turner from the start!
It has a great, orginal story line; I don't think I've read anything along these lines before.Poor old Stella has a really tough time right from page one, but her positive attitude and independent nature make her a perfect modern heroine.
Athough its a Rom Com, the relationships explored are as much about Mother and daughter as they are about the opposite sex. Ideal for giving Mums with teenage daughters hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Phillips has created some fabulous characters; Stella, obviously as the main character is my favourite, but I also loved her mum and the OCD neighbour. And Paul Smart - what can I say - we all need a man like him in our lives!
I've already bought myself Phillip's next one, Family Trap and can't wait to see what Stella does next.

PR Superstar - the ultimate toolkit for writing killer press releases.
PR Superstar - the ultimate toolkit for writing killer press releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars PR essential for any business, 1 Feb. 2013
I've been in PR for over seventeen years and this is the first book I've come across to really make press release writing acessible to everyone. I defy anyone reading it not to come up with at least ten things they can write about for their business immediately!
The book is simple to follow, gives lots of practical advice and takes the reader through the process of writing a press release step-by-step.
My favourite section was the feedback from IT journalists. It demonstrates how important it is to tailor your press release to the target audience.
One of the reviews here criticises the author for grammar and punctuation. I didn't notice this at all so perhaps the reviewer read an early edition than I bought.
Who should read it? small business owners, graduates, marketing people who don't specialise in pr and PR people who need a fresh way of looking at their own work.

Page: 1 | 2