ARRAY(0xb62e5f9c)

Profile for Emma Clarke > Reviews

Content by Emma Clarke

Emma Clarke (West Yorshire England)

Flu
Flu
Price: 6.07

4.0 out of 5 stars High hopes., 1 July 2012
This review is from: Flu (Kindle Edition)
I've read a lot of zombie books in the past, Mira Grant, David Wellington, Thomas Emson and I had really high hopes for this book. The book is set in Ireland, which is nice change from America. Ireland is suddenly hit by a strange Flu that infects poeple quickly and when they die they return as zombies. The idea of a flu changing people into zombies is very original, which adds more to the story as the suriviors have to watch each other incase they start to sneeze or cough. I really enjoyed the book, but I agree with other reviews that I didn't connect with the characters as much as I would like to. I would recommend this book and I'm really look forward to reading the follow on, but for some reason it is not avaiable on the kindle.

Blackout: The Newsflesh Trilogy: Book 3
Blackout: The Newsflesh Trilogy: Book 3
Price: 4.35

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant ending to the trilogy, 17 Jun 2012
Im a big fan of mira grant and loved feed and deadline. since reading them ive been waiting for blackout. I wasnt disappointed. The end brings the story together nicely tieing up all the loose ends. Its an enjoyable read whilst making the reader really think. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading. I know i will be reading this trilogy again.

Feed: The Newsflesh Trilogy: Book 1
Feed: The Newsflesh Trilogy: Book 1
by Mira Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Really surprised how much I enjoyed this book., 1 Nov 2011
I was given this book for christmas last year and it been sat on my book shelf for the past 10 months. I wasn't sure if it was a book I would enjoy so put off reading it. However I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Its not a full on zombie "I'm going to eat your brains" book. It had a real story line and didn't relay on zombie's and bloodshed to keep the reader interested. What I found really nice about this book is the relationship between brother and sister Shaun and George. This book isn't just about zombies, its a book about the world after zombies and the changes this has on society and how people live there lives. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves reading not just fans of horror. The ending to this book is both shocking and amazing reading and brought a tear to my eye. I enjoyed this book so must I am now reading the second in the series "Deadline" and can't wait to see how the story contiues.

Pariah
Pariah
by Thomas Emson
Price: 7.22

4.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Pariah (Paperback)
I bought this book, because I am a huge fan of Thomas Emson, even though Pandemonium Road was a bit of a let down I was really looking forward to reading this book. I wasn't dissapointed. I got so involved in the book I was able to read it in 3 days. The story is set on an estate in London and is about murders that are happening, which are similar to murders in the past and it ties into Jack the Ripper.I personally really enjoyed the story line and found the ending a surpising twist. Thomas Emson is an amazing writter and creates characters who have bad or evil in them such as Charlie faultless and makes the reader connect with them and wants them to win. This is another brilliant book by Thomas Emson, maybe not as good as Skarlet but for any Thomas Emson fan or a fan of horror book this is a must read.

Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 9)
Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter 9)
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good story., 13 Sep 2011
I'm quite new to the Anita Blake series but so far I have really enjoying them. In Obsidian butterfly we learn more about the character Edward/Ted. I felt this was a nice change in story line as it wasn't focused on Anita's love life with richard and Jean-Claude which I feel sometimes can be quite annoying. This is another enjoyable story and I will continue to read the series.

Harbour
Harbour
by John Ajvide Lindqvist
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe how much I enjoyed this book!, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: Harbour (Paperback)
I had previously read let the right one in and how to handle the undead, I had enjoyed these book but wasn't blown away by them. However after reading Harbour I am now a massive fan of John Ajvide Lindqvist and can't wait for him to write his next book. Harbour is about a group of people who live on a small island and how over many years people have disappeared or been taken by the sea. The story flashes back to the past giving the story more detail. I really enjoyed the flashes into the past, learning about the history of the island and about Simon and Anna-gretta realtionship. I was able to connect with Simons character but found Anders a bit annoying. This is a well written book with a strong story line and is one of the few books that sent a shiver up my back. It definitely didn't help with my fears of deep water!

Horns
Horns
by Joe Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Far better than Heart-shaped box., 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Horns (Paperback)
Ive previously read Heart-shaped box and didn't really enjoy the story. However I decided to give Joe Hill another chance as you should never judge an author on one book so I orded Horns. After reading the blurb I was really looking forward to reading this book. It sounded completly different to anything else I had read. The story is about Ig, a man who wakes up one morning and finds he has horns growing from his head. But with the horns comes a terrible power, people start to tell him there darkest thoughts and fantasies. During the book Ig comes into connact with his friends and family and learns there terrrible secrets. He also finds out the truth about the murder of his girlfriend. I'm glad I bought the book as I feel it is far better than Heart-shaped box, and I would buy any new book he writes. However I don't think his stories are as good as his fathers (Stephen King), but he has a spark and think a few more good book and he may start to shine as a writter.

Pandemonium Road
Pandemonium Road
by Thomas Emson
Price: 7.54

2.0 out of 5 stars High hopes, but a disappointment, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pandemonium Road (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Thomas Emson and had high hopes for this book. When I found the book on Amazon I preorded the book hoping it would be another brilliant book. However I was disapointed before I even started to read the book. I had thought this was another full novel but found out it was just a short story with 144 pages. Which I don't feel was worth 6.99. I think the idea behind the book is very good, the concept of stealing souls from the devil is something I haven't read before. However I felt the story happened to quickly without enough detail and I was unable to connect with the characters and didn't really care what happened to them.It also seemed like the book had been rushed as there are spelling mistakes, odd words missing and at one point in the book the characters names are mixed up. I think if the idea was developed more this could have been a great novel but as a short story I've read better. This book is not up to standard with Thomas Emsons other book such as Maneater and Scarlet but was a quick read and filled up 2 hours.

Dragon Haven (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 2)
Dragon Haven (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 2)
by Robin Hobb

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite author!, 2 Aug 2011
I think Robin Hobb is an amazing author and have read all her books. I must agree with the other reviews that I was disapointed with the soilder son trilogy and found it really hard to connect with the characters. However when The Rain Wild Chronicles came out I was very excited because they go back to the same world some of her other books were based in. I wasn't disapointed. I found the books easy to read and enjoyed the links to past books. I found it easy to connect to both the humans and the dragons. This is a brillant series and I would recommend these books, but you must read the Liveship trilogy first to better understand the storyline.

Battle: Los Angeles [DVD] [2011]
Battle: Los Angeles [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Aaron Eckhart
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jun 2011
Can't understand the bad reviews. This is a top notch piece of entertainment. I go to the cinema to be entertained and was not let down by this film. Can't wait for the blu ray to come.