Profile for Arianna > Reviews

TOP-MAX Laptop Desk Table Bed Cooling With 2 Fans Stand Tray
Offered by Delta Enterprise

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but I'll give it a chance., 17 April 2013
UNBOXING REVIEW:

Royal Mail turns up, hooray this must be the laptop cooling table that I've been expecting so the damn thing won't overheat whenever I play games! Ignore the fact it's been packaged in what looks like a bin liner, I'm ripping that off anyway. Bought as new, well there was no indication suggesting I'd be buying a used product,

I noticed the box looked old and tattered. This brought up that terrible deep dark doom feeling of "The contents of this box may not be exactly as I had expected."...

I opened the box, and inside was what looked like a much older and grosser version of the product in the picture. I expected it to be a little bit pants because of the price but as a whole it felt just worse on all levels.

It looks solid in the pictures, the build of it in reality is quite flimsy. It is smaller than I imagined though my laptop can fit on just a little more wobbly. The brilliant white colour iiiiiisssss..... An icky offwhite colour as if it were 10 years old or something. There are, what I assume to be rust, stains around the screws underneath, there are marks and scratches suggesting that it was most definitely preowned by some rough handed long clawed individual who had no respect for laptop cooling table/trays.

I almost forgot to mention the assembly of this product. The button to unlock the tray so I can unfold it was tough. I was there for a minute or two trying to push in the impossible little stiff button and eventually I succeeded and opened the tray. One leg was far too eager to swing out, whereas the other ones required a jagged movement to pull out (The sort that convinces you that it'll break as you do it) but in all fairness, they did come out and it didn't break. There are little locks on the legs, which were also very stiff (though, to keep it standing I guess that is what you'd want) and they shredded off a little bit of plastic as I locked the legs in place. The laptop stand was satisfactory, I will be careful putting too much arm weight on that because it doesn't look that secure. The supports at the bottom to hold the laptop were okay. The first one folded out fine, whereas the other side was a lot more stiff and I couldn't get the damn thing down as far as the other so I may not bother to prop the laptop up with this as it looks like very wonky business.

But there we have it, sat all propped up in position to work and look at it and imagine that maybe if in continued use it gets the job done that I'll be able to forgive it someday. I am yet to try the actual fans but I will update this review with how it performs in use. If it gets the job done then I will be happy with it, but if it doesn't then I'll revert back to keeping my laptop up on cardboard box as I used to.

Vanderbilt Eau du Toilette - 100 ml
Vanderbilt Eau du Toilette - 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells like Mummy, 8 Feb. 2013
You know when certain smells spring up old memories? This is one for me!

My mum wore this when I was a child and I never forgot that warm, soft and friendly scent she always had. Always calmed me down when I fell off my bike, and made me happy. When she worked nights, I used to sleep in her bed and smell this on her pillow.

As time went on, she just stopped wearing it.

...

I randomly smelt it a year or two ago on someone else passing down the street and instantly thought to ask her what perfume she used to wear.
She told me and I searched it and found it!

I bought her this and she smells like Mummy again! I can't say how happy it makes me!

It isn't just good for me to remember, but she was so happy to be bought something like this again, despite the fact it is actually pretty cheap. It made her happy, basically telling her 'This smells good on you' is always a nice compliment :)

Lamaze Eddie the Elephant Tunes
Lamaze Eddie the Elephant Tunes
Offered by BabyToys4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful, musical and fun for hours (Of course, I mean for babies), 8 Feb. 2013
My niece had her first Christmas, and unaware of what Christmas actually was she was still spoilt rotten by parents, close family, not so close family, distant relatives and friends of family. In most cases, she had a rip at the wrapping paper and started shaking the paper and biting it and ignoring the toy inside.

So I passed her this present.

Her big sister (6) helped her unwrap this one and she couldn't take her eyes off of it. Then her big sister squeezed it and showed her the noises and we got a laugh out of the bubba! She loved it, there is so much to cling onto and shake and squeeze and bite (A baby's favourite things). I couldn't believe she found it more interested than the wrapping paper!

Nice one!

Guild Wars 2 Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Signature Series Guides)
Guild Wars 2 Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Signature Series Guides)
by Bradygames

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Game, Beautiful Book, 8 Feb. 2013
Guild Wars 2 is a beautiful game, and this book is so visual and jam-packed with information that you'll probably end up sitting around looking and reading through the pictures because you certainly get your money's worth.

I'm not the type to follow guides, but I am more of a collector, so having a big beautiful book with amazing artwork and images throughout is a wonderful thing to keep.

One issue I found, though not a big issue, is that the pages were thinner and lesser quality to other hardback collectors guides like the Final Fantasy ones (the cover isn't as padded also) but there is a lot more in there. Lots of information and lots of images, it isn't a bad quality but it isn't as spectacular as others.

Supergets® Apple iPhone 4 and 4S Purple Wallet Case Cover, Screen Protector, Touch Screen Stylus And Polishing Cloth
Offered by MOBILEJOY

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my iPhone again!, 8 Feb. 2013
---CASE---
I got an iPhone, never got bored of it, until one day I dropped it. From a small height.

Thankfully, my iPhone landed on its feet and it only cracked (ONLY?!) the back, not the front of the phone. I looked into my insurance and holy hell, £60 payout? But I can still use the thing! I have to live with the cracks. So I got myself a jelly case to keep around it. Ugh. Ugly phone.

iPhone owners know the amazing feeling of the phone, so neat and amazing quality of phone - making my old blackberry look and feel like a cheap tacky old thing. Now put a jelly case on it, it looks and feels tacky. I saw a friend using a Samsung phone in a leather case, looked like a mini leatherbound notebook. The notebooks that smart important people use. Damn, they look classy.

So I looked on Amazon, and I'm strapped for cash. So I bought this (purple) hoping that it wouldn't be as tacky as the price would suggest.

Glad I got it! Perfect, it feels great in the hand, now I can smartly flip open my case like a book and reply to a message and close it up and put it away in the pocket. It fits snug and looks smart. Best kind of case, in my opinion!

Now my phone is tucked away neatly in a little package and you can't even see where I smashed the back of it, you don't have to and plus dropping it wouldn't be so bad because the hard gravel will only stab at the case. iPhones are tough. but against sharp hard floors, they are like all glass cased objects - vulnerable.

Plus - I've had it a few days and I've already been complimented on the case. No one can believe how cheap it was, because it looks more expensive. Also, to those who don't see me open it, it doesn't boast to thieves that there is an iPhone in the case. It could be anything.

---STYLUS---
Oh and the stylus is a cheap hollow thing that isn't the same colour as the picture - it works though - but you probably will end up ignoring it. Plus, unless you're some big-shot event planner organiser person, you'll probably look incredibly pretentious to other people typing with it.

Unless you got stubby fingers like my dad, who would probably need it to type the right letter when texting.

I keep it by my bedside though, when I'm bored one evening and go onto Draw Something, having a stylus is so damn handy for drawing!

What Are You So Scared Of?
What Are You So Scared Of?

5.0 out of 5 stars Have you heard the acoustics??, 8 Feb. 2013
I had never heard of Tonight Alive, yet the recommendation came up on Amazon and I thought I'd give it a listen.

I listened to the previews and instantly bought it, I loved the tracks, why hadn't I heard of them before??

Then I got to the acoustic versions of the songs and I fell in love, I now listen to them a hundred times more than the rest of the album because they are such amazing quality! I love the singers voice and the style of the band's music.

I'd recommend this to fans of We are the In Crowd, and vice versa! Worth the money, even if you only listen to the acoustic tracks.

iPod Touch 5G 5 Real Leather Case Black
iPod Touch 5G 5 Real Leather Case Black
Offered by gadgetaccess

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, though not so practical as I'd have hoped, 8 Feb. 2013
I love my music, and I listen to my music all the time - when I'm reading, working, playing games, on the bus/train, when I'm bored and when I can't sleep. Like everyone else who owns an iPod, you paid the money (or got a very very generous present) and it then becomes your baby. You have to take care of it and prevent it getting scratched/damaged.

I had the vision buying this of sitting with it shut and my earphones plugged in, listening to my 3,600 tracks on shuffle, then occasionally flipping it open and switching track before whipping it back closed.

I got... Almost that.

It is a thick, beautifully smart, high quality case and I am pleased with the purchase. One thing ticked me off...

They didn't account for those of us who listen to music while charging. Any owner of any Apple product can tell you that the battery life is pathetic, and so when I'm at my computer, I charge it while I listen to music. The case has no hole for the charger port. So you have to keep it open with the earphones pushing the case up from their hole against the charger placed inside that is pushing the other way... Cables never do well under pressure.

To perfect this case, I had to grab a Stanley knife and cut out a separate hole for the charger so I can open and close the case despite having the charger in. Granted, it is no where near as neat as the earphone hole but it isn't bad. Now it is the perfect case.

So to summarise:

BEFORE YOU BUY: This is a great, high quality case, but do expect to never be able to charge with the case closed unless you are willing to cut a hole in the case yourself... I do not recommend this, so do this at your own risk, because it is so easy to cut yourself especially when putting a new hole in. I'm sure you could get this done at a shoe/belt/bag repair place for a small charge. Once the hole is in the case, then it is perfect, else you're left with an uncomfortable charging experience.

Kensington Duo Gel Wrist Rest Wave
Kensington Duo Gel Wrist Rest Wave
Offered by SENDERCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Feb. 2013
If I get a single idea in my head, I'm up all night tapping away at my PC and there are painful consequences of that! I'm only 20 years old and I have carpal tunnel syndrome! I wish I knew about keyboard supports earlier!

I found out about this brand, and it has never let me down!

Like the mouse mat of its range, it is cool, soft and squidgy - perfect pillow for my wrists while I type away at a new (hopefully) masterpiece.

Don't wait 'til you're in pain or stiff/uncomfortable at your computer, I would buy one of these even if you are light user. If you're a writer, gamer or general computer user then you never want to experience sharp pains, partial numbness and tingling in your fingers.

Also if you work at computers, let your boss know about these so you and your colleagues don't have to suffer. Also, take breaks, take rests and follow all of these rules you ignore because I lost my job not being able to work during the time I waited on the very long list to getting anything done about the CTS. There is a LONG wait, and aside from it being painful, it effects your work and personal life. My hand will never be perfect, but this makes it so much easier. I wish I had it all along.

Subsonic Pocket Bag Soft Case (PlayStation Vita)
Subsonic Pocket Bag Soft Case (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by filmrollen

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, it isn't amazing, but it works all the same, 8 Feb. 2013
So its not a case you can keep on while you play, its not a heavy duty hardwearing 'I can drop it down the stairs and it doesn't smash' type cover. It is a simple, thin case that protects from slight bumps (such as wear and tear of being amongst all the things in my handbag), scratches and dust/dirt. If you're like me to forget that you kept something in your bag for 3 weeks and then take it out and think 'OH GOD IS IT OKAY?' this is perfect. It protects it from light things, but it doesn't perform miracles. Don't expect to be able to drop it, but do expect to keep an intact screen when you're lugging this about in your pocket or bag (don't sit on it though).

Also, I know a lot of cases come with hidden pockets and compartments for games and memory cards, well nah, not this one. This is nout but what it says on the tin. It isn't fun but, until you're willing to spend out on a multi-use case. This will do :)

JVC HA-FX35-A Marshmallow Comfortable Fit Earphones - Blue
JVC HA-FX35-A Marshmallow Comfortable Fit Earphones - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, good feel, good price :), 8 Feb. 2013
I'm not made of money so I can't buy big expensive fancy skullcandies or anything like that.

I'm so happy about this. Amazing quality, especially for the price and they fit comfortably in my ears even taking into account my ears seem to be two different sizes, it comes with spares in different sizes so I can actually enjoy with one earphone slightly bigger than the other :).

I'm the sort of person who listens to any genre of music from any era. I love paying attention to all the instruments and trying to pull apart the track and focus on individual instruments and I find these earphones are clear enough to be able to appreciate the layers of the music well.

Page: 1 | 2