Profile for Eddie Chauncy > Reviews

Content by Eddie Chauncy

Eddie Chauncy

Brilliant Psychology: How to Understand Yourself and Other People (Brilliant Lifeskills)
by Ms Louise Deacon

5.0 out of 5 stars A great overview for those interested in psychology, 9 April 2013
In my view, you should definitely read this if you're thinking of studying psychology, or are in the early stages of learning the subject!

It gives an effective overview of the field of psychology in layman's terms. It is carefully thought through and very clear.

I think it should be available to all psychology students at the start of their studies. One of key strengths is how it explains the history of psychology - it brings the strands together nicely.
A great balance between science and clear explanation.

Overall I found it very insightful, and shows how each main area of psychological research contributes to building up the whole picture of human psychology. It explains clearly why psychologists have bothered to research certain areas of human experience, and puts everything into context.

In summary, I wish I'd had this available when I started my psychology degree!