Profile for A. WILLIAMS > Reviews

Blue 50ml Quick Shot Economy Measured American Pourer
Blue 50ml Quick Shot Economy Measured American Pourer
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars A few of these to get headshot!, 6 May 2015
This is great when it works, the measurements aren't perfect doubles. It can very, some are triple's and maybe even a quadriple!

Bad Neighbours [DVD]
Bad Neighbours [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth Rogen

2.0 out of 5 stars Had Neighbors? Bad film!, 6 May 2015
This review is from: Bad Neighbours [DVD] (DVD)
This film panned out exactly how I expected... Even with going into it with an open mind.

This may win my "hardly any storyline" award out of all my 700 DVD's that I own.

There are some moments that will make you smile and even some that will make you laugh out loud, but the rest of the film is very, well boring.

Disappointing.

The Story of ABBA [DVD]
The Story of ABBA [DVD]
Dvd ~ Abba

3.0 out of 5 stars ABBA the (same) Story, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Story of ABBA [DVD] (DVD)
First off I really like the artwork on the DVD itself. The disc is awful plain with no artwork on it - but that goes in the DVD player after all.

I agree with previous reviews. The picture quality isn't the best, very grainy - which is understandable for the age of the film but it hasn't been cleaned up at all.

The snippets of documentary are just recycled from various other interviews so the chances are that if you are a diehard fan you are going to have seen all of this before. And at 50 minutes it's not that long either.

Still worth watching though.

Drifting Away Together Me to You Bear Figurine
Drifting Away Together Me to You Bear Figurine
Offered by NURSERY THYME

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price!, 13 Dec. 2014
Really lovely product, bought for Christmas for my Fiancée and even though it looks lovely in the photograph - it is even better in "real" life!

Heavy, weighty and you can really feel the quality.

Great price and I must say the delivery is the best that I've ever had.

Purchased on the 12th of December, dispatch was almost immediate and it then arrived today - 13th and that's with Free Super Saver Delivery. Amazing.

Seize The Day [DVD] [1986]
Seize The Day [DVD] [1986]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Seize the Day DVD Review, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Seize The Day [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
I felt compelled to write this review following the purchase of this DVD. The first thing I must say is that this is a stellar performance from Williams and he does not disappoint. He plays the part of a desperate man to perfection.

My main criticism of this particular DVD is that the transfer from video is the worst that I have ever - and I mean ever, seen. Patchy, bad audio - the white "age" spots from degrading film. They're all there.

Robin Williams' Father is such a piece of work. Every interaction with him turns me sick. He's horrible and difficult to watch.

Overall I enjoyed. It was nice to watch something "old" of Robin Williams' work.

Handling Edna: The Unauthorised Biography
Handling Edna: The Unauthorised Biography
by Barry Humphries

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 10 July 2014
Love this book. It's made even more special by the fact that I went to the Barry Humphries farewell tour and had it signed!

Life's Too Short - Series 1 [DVD]
Life's Too Short - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Warwick Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 July 2014
I like this series. It's not my most favourite Ricky Gervais project but it is enjoyable. Love Warwick.

Yankee Candle Selection Of 24 x Wax Tart Melts
Yankee Candle Selection Of 24 x Wax Tart Melts
Offered by Yankee Aroma Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 July 2014
Great selection. Beautiful smells as always from Yankee. Bought these for my Fiancée - she loved them.

Tammy [DVD] [2014]
Tammy [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Melissa McCarthy

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak story!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Tammy [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
First of all, I absolutely love Melissa McCarthy and was looking forward to a new film of hers - especially one such as this where she's actually taking the lead.

I found the WHOLE film very poor! The delivery from both McCarthy and Saradon are decent enough but they are working with an awful script.

There is no real story. It feels like 90 minutes of waiting for a story to develop - or even a joke to occur.

I have never contemplated leaving a movie screening but this is the closest I've ever come to leaving a cinema. A bad film that I think is actually is an insult to the film industry.

The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars "Can we throw a Midget?", 16 Jun. 2014
Very rarely do I feel compelled to write a review of a movie - especially one that's already had so many reviews but I feel I should with the Wolf of Wall Street.

I throughly enjoyed this film. I had it for my Birthday and watched it, I ended up watching it again a week later (something I never seem to do). Although this time with my Father, Fiancée and 85 year old Grandmother - who loved it, even the naughty bits!

It's an amazing story. When you watch it I find the story so enjoyable that it's easy to forget that it's a true story.

Leonardo DiCaprio was robbed of an Oscar. He plays the role immensely.

When I've watched it I thought that the time flies by because there's so much going on!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5