Profile for F. Dreher > Reviews

F. Dreher

Audio-Technica  ATH-ANC7B Headphones,Wired
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Headphones,Wired

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 15 Mar. 2010
When I was searching for active noise cancelling headphones, I read about the Audio Technica ANC7b and purchased them. Some people said the earbuds were too small (especially the earbuds of the predecessor model ANC7), so I was wondering how well the headphones will fit. (I'm 1,90 m).
I have to say that the earbuds are just the right size to enclose my ears and they feel very comfortable. I had to gently bend the headband a little bit to decrease the pressure on the ears and on the middle of the head, and now they are just perfect and I don't recognize them even after hours of hearing.
Noise cancelling works very good, I have to be more careful now when I cross the streets in order not to overlook (overhear) cars. Additionally I sometimes use the phones with activated noise cancellation and without cable during work in the office, to reduce the noise of five computers and two printers.
The sound is great, very balanced and natural. It's fun to discover new details in songs I actually know already.
However, I have to toggle the EQ settings between 'None' and 'Bass boost' occasionally. That's probably because I often hear shuffled song playlists on my iPod touch, with varying encoding quality and bass strength (differences I did not notice with the cheaper phones I had before). Therefore I bought the 'Griffin Navigate' to be able to change EQ settings via the headphone cable.

Overall, I highly recommend these headphones, especially to hear music on the go.