Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

SQA Specimen Paper 2013 National 5 English and Model Papers (Sqa Past Papers)
SQA Specimen Paper 2013 National 5 English and Model Papers (Sqa Past Papers)
by Sqa
Price: 8.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 8 Mar 2014
I would echo the concerns expressed by others. I'm a PT English and I was wary of this text when it was published. I have now realised that the context questions in the model papers give a radically different final question, asking pupils to write 8 marks worth on another poem / the rest of the text, as opposed to relating the text in front of them to another poem(s) / the rest of the text. Shoddy and confusing for students.

Samsung SE-S084C, External USB 2.0 Slimline 8X DVD Writer, Black
Samsung SE-S084C, External USB 2.0 Slimline 8X DVD Writer, Black
Offered by Fast Link
Price: 23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat, but beware the software issue, 20 Jun 2010
I bought this drive primarily to play DVDs on my netbook while on holiday.
It looks great, but I wish I had read the reviews before steaming ahead and installing Nero. As others have noted, DVDs give picture but no sound, and you are prompted to download a free 30 day trial of extra software - which, of course, you will have to pay for after the 30 days are up.
I couldn't believe that a major manufacturer like Samsung would sell a DVD drive which doesn't play DVDs unless you pay extra. It felt like a big con.
However, having read the reviews, I will now be downloading one of the free players like VLC.
(Oh, and Nero took hours to install on my wee netbook, including a few "not responding" waits.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2010 5:53 PM BST

Crayola Portable CD Boombox Activity Centre - CD player, Radio and art set
Crayola Portable CD Boombox Activity Centre - CD player, Radio and art set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 17 May 2009
I bought this for my 3 year old niece, and she loves it.
It's pretty sturdy and easy for a child to use. Although the buttons are small, she had no problem identifying the "play" button when I asked her. It's a nice size for a smaller child, unlike many CD players which are big and heavy, and it's more attractive than the other ones I looked at, which were garish. The interchangeable panels were a nice touch, but I couldn't quite work out the whiteboard bit on the back.