Profile for Shopagal > Reviews

Content by Shopagal

Shopagal "booklova" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Ingenious Jewellery Long Sterling Silver Necklace with Large Open Pave Star Pendant of 87-90cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Big star but not very bright!, 2 April 2015
I have been desperately searching everywhere, for months, for a large sterling silver star pendant. I don't do small and dainty so I wanted it quite bold. I couldn't find one anywhere (apart from the designer ones selling for £300+ and I couldn't afford that).I found this and was quite excited when I received it. It's certainly big enough, maybe just not bold enough. It is set with shimmery stones but the only time they sparkle is when they're held directly under the light. There is also a nice long chain with an attached extender which is a nice idea. This looks better worn long as opposed to being on a choker chain. I have only given it 3 stars as although I've decided to keep it as it's the only large pendant I have been able to find, it does lack the " oomph" factor! Good service as always from Amazon.

Artbox 30 fine tip fibre colouring pens - pack of 30 assorted colours
Artbox 30 fine tip fibre colouring pens - pack of 30 assorted colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice of colours, 27 Mar. 2015
A good choice of colors. I am an adult trying out colour therapy as I used to love colouring as a child. I reviewd a lot of pens and came to the conclusion these weren't bad for the price, pretty even ratings compared to the more expensive pens. If you are into serious colouring then don't get these. They are a bit scratchy and I lost the tip of one almost immediately ( as I bought 3 packs I wasn't too concerned). They do the job fine if you just want to colour something without being too artistic.

Tattoo Colouring Book: A Fantastic Selection of Exciting Imagery
Tattoo Colouring Book: A Fantastic Selection of Exciting Imagery
by Arcturus Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourtastic fun!!, 27 Mar. 2015
What a fabulous easy idea. I always loved colouring as a child and always seem to be the only adult helping the kids colour in their books whenever they visit. I looked at a lot of books before choosing this one. The reviews were good and the content more to my liking than just colouring patterns. There are loads of different amazing pics in this book, from koi carp and water lillys, mermaids, dragons, roses, ships, tribal patterns etc. I also reviewed a lot of felt tip pens and came to the conclusion that expensive wasn't always best, especially if you want to do this for relaxation and fun as opposed to serious artistry. I chose Artbox 30 fibre pens and the range of colors is more than adequate, especially for a beginner. Obviously if you decide you want to take this to the next level then better pens and pencils would help but if like me you just want to relax and empty your mind, this is perfect. I also found that making the patterns bright cheered me up no end and I was almost childlike in anticipating my next colour! I am currently laid up in bed with a seriously bad back so this couldn't have come at a better time. I also find I spend a great deal of time looking at a screen, be it tv, kindle or iPad and I wanted something different to do as I'm not sure it's doing my mind much good staring at electronic devices!! If you are in serious need of something to help you relax, then give this a go.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Zeller 98012 Replacement Toilet Brush 7.5 x 39.5 cm Stainless Steel
Zeller 98012 Replacement Toilet Brush 7.5 x 39.5 cm Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should., 9 Feb. 2015
Broke my loo brush after using it too vigorously but it was fairly new in a nice silver ceramic bowl so was pleased to find an almost perfect match to replace it. Does the job, just have to be a bit more careful. Good price, saved me replacing the whole thing.

Dog Food Vet's Kitchen Adult Chicken & Brown Rice 1.3kg
Dog Food Vet's Kitchen Adult Chicken & Brown Rice 1.3kg
Offered by the pet shop Langport

4.0 out of 5 stars will eat this and his poo has stopped being soft and squidgy to firm and a good colour ( sorry for too much info), 9 Feb. 2015
We had our dog on a well known dry dog biscuit but having learned from a friend who did a course on the ingredients in dog biscuits ( including the ones we were using) that they contained a chemical used in car paint(!!!) amongst other horrors we looked for something with less rubbish in it and found this. Our fussy rescue dog, a staffy, will eat this and his poo has stopped being soft and squidgy to firm and a good colour ( sorry for too much info). His upset stomach was a concern for us as it can't have been much fun for him but he is s far better now. Had about 8 bags of this now and will be buying more. Twice the price of other big brands but worth it for the healthy aspect. Would have given this 5 stars if the dog ate it all every time!

Dried Sausages Pre-Bagged (Approx 35)
Dried Sausages Pre-Bagged (Approx 35)
Offered by EXPRESS PET SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Tommy the staffy says.....YES!!, 9 Feb. 2015
We have had a rescue dog for 3 years and as he was found as a stray we don't know his history. What we do know is that he is a fussy eater and getting him to eat a bowl of food once a day, let alone twice has been a nightmare. Wet food gave him the runs and dry biscuits might just as well have been a bowlful of leaves for all the interest he took in it. We put him on a vet inspired dry biscuit, but to get his nose in the bowl I cut half a sausage up into tiny pieces and mix it amongst his biscuits and he clears the bowl! We forget to feed him on time sometimes as he is so disinterested but now he hangs around his food cupboard and runs behind me when I put his bowl down, which isn't like him. I know in an ideal world i wouldn't be using the sausages but I would rather use them than have a hungry dog. I have tried leaving his food down, sometimes for days on end and he refuses to eat and I end up leaving it out for the fox ( who hasn't had any food left out for him recently as fussy dog is eating it). They are soft and a bit greasy but i rub the sausage around the dog bowl to get the smell in there. Also it doesn't upset his tummy, which was my biggest concern, so we have a happy dog and happy people who aren't wasting their money on uneaten dog food. Will definitely buy more of these, as cut in half they will probably last nearly 2 months, which isn't bad for a tenner.

Evangeline: A Serial Killer Horror-Thriller
Evangeline: A Serial Killer Horror-Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so good...l, 17 Jan. 2015
Brilliant...couldn't stop reading this. If you don't like murder or colourful language this isn't for you. If you like dark, gothic revenge tales then this is. Can't fault this book. Desperately trying to get part two!

Festina Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Chronograph Display and White Leather Strap F16590/1
Offered by Watches2U

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowzer!, 24 Nov. 2014
I spent a lot of time searching the internet looking for a watch of this style. I ordered and returned a couple as they weren't quite right. When I received this I knew instantly it was the one. I hadn't heard of Festina so I googled them and they make sports watches so I know they're not a one off brand. I don't like small and delicate so this watch suits me as its bold and I think subtley flashy. It's a big watch face ( not huge) about 42mm I think and the stone set face makes it look feminine. The second hand on this remains at the 12 o'clock mark as this is the chronograph timer hand. The second that actually moves is set in one of the circles in the watch face. It's waterproof with a nice slightly padded leather strap and I think it's quite a classy watch. Bought this with some birthday money so wanted to get something that was quality and this is it. Very pleased with this purchase.

Take the Monkeys and Run (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery, Book 1)
Take the Monkeys and Run (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantabulous!!!, 24 Nov. 2014
Don't let the title put you off! I have had this on my kindle a while as the title put me off but what a mistake that was. This book is BRILLIANT, easily one of the best it it's genre that I have read. It's a black comedy of sorts and parts of it made me chuckle (can't stand that word but it describes the way I laughed) with characters you instantly like and are interested in and a very clever plot. I couldn't wait to get back to reading this and then I didn't want to put it down. It was well written, the plot flowed and I sometimes I forgot I was reading as it almost felt like I was there. I was so impressed with this book that I've downloaded the rest of Karen's books and am looking forward with relish to read them. Very glad I read this as I now have another author to add to my collection of writers I know won't disappoint.

The Serial Killer Next Door
The Serial Killer Next Door

2.0 out of 5 stars Written by a teenager???, 24 Nov. 2014
Only give up on a book if I really have to and I gave up on this. It seems like it's written by someone who doesn't know how to write! I wasn't interested in the characters at all due to the way it had been written and it almost seemed like a draft that hadn't been corrected. Can't stand typos and misspelling so gave up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7