Profile for Chris > Reviews

Chris (UK)

Edimax AR-7265WNA Wireless 11n 300Mbps ADSL2/2+ Modem Router
Edimax AR-7265WNA Wireless 11n 300Mbps ADSL2/2+ Modem Router

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for me, BUT, 13 Mar. 2009
A great router, and I like Edimax products, BUT I couldn't get the wifi to connect to devices.

As I didn't have any wifi n type devices, their customer services (which was very fast and efficient) advised switching from b+g+n mode to b+g mode.

It works fine now, but if you do need to use b+g+n wifi, it would be best to check with them first!

You Can Run But You Can't Hide: Star of Dog the Bounty Hunter
You Can Run But You Can't Hide: Star of Dog the Bounty Hunter
by Duane Chapman

4.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing life but only a good book!, 3 Sept. 2007
I was really looking forward to reading this, and I'd certainly recommend it. It does paint a darker side than the TV show portrays, and it's clear that Dog had (and still does have) his demons to fight.

I was amazed by his honesty. He reveals stuff about his life which must be painful, and doesn't always paint him in the way he might like to be portrayed. The information about Baby Lyssa knocked me for six, and how Dog maintains his faith with all the adversity he has faced is a testament to his strength and an inspiration to others.

My only niggle is that the book is confused in places. Some of that could be due to Dog's drug hazed recollections, but in chapter 33 (aprox 1999) it talks about meeting Tim (Youngblood) - that's only 8 years ago, and Dog has hunted with Tim for over 20 years so it is just plain wrong! - That should have been picked up by someone, and there are several other examples which can make the book confusing in places.

Like the previous reviewer, I'd like to have read more about current bounties and the other team members. Leyland, Tim & Duane Lee got less mention than Tony Robbins which is a shame for such key members of Dog's success (perhaps that's for a future book?!)

All in all it is well worth reading and a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2010 8:24 PM BST

Database Projects in Access for Advanced Level 2nd Edition
Database Projects in Access for Advanced Level 2nd Edition
by Julian Mott

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it just for the tips & tricks, 25 May 2007
I've been programming with Access using Vbscript and linking databases to web sites written in ASP for years. I only bought this book for my kid who is teaching herself A2.

The book is worth the price for the tips and tricks section alone

I learned stuff that must be burried in the manuals somewhere (but who reads those?!)