Profile for ps1976 > Reviews

Content by ps1976

ps1976

Samsung DV300F SMART Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Jam packed full of features & functions!, 17 Jan. 2013
I bought the Samsung DV300F before Christmas because we wanted a new camera for when we went travelling this year. On initial set up & using the camera, we were both exicted by all the features and functions, the 'FUN' factor of this camera is second to none. I really liked the screen on the front, which was great for self timer function.

Unfortunately, the pictures just aren't good enough quality. What you find in a lot of compact cameras, is that the manufacturer tries to squeeze lots of mega-pixels on a small sensor which can't cope with it, resulting in noise and unclear images, which is what i feel has happened with this camera.

So my overall view is, for fun & nights out, and for kids, and teens etc, great, for adults who want beautiful pictures which they can blow up to print, not so great.

We are now investing in a Sony CyberShot DSC-RX100 instead, 4 times the price, but 4 times the better camera, you get what you pay for I guess!