Profile for Cezza91 > Reviews

Content by Cezza91

Cezza91 (South Wales, UK)

Windowed Cupcake Boxes with 6 Cavity Insert (Pack of 25)
Windowed Cupcake Boxes with 6 Cavity Insert (Pack of 25)
Offered by Petallica - Express Deliveries from UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same box as pictured, 25 Mar. 2014
Hesse are not the boxes in the picture, it's quite hard to get the cakes into the holes, hard to close the box, and all in all they're pretty rubbish quality. I won't be buying again.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality, 25 Mar. 2014
I know you only get what you pay for, but I've seen other photo frames for around the same price that are much better quality. It's a lot darker than it looks in the picture, and it's made of plastic. It looks ok once it has photos in and is up on the wall but if I were you I would definitely advise buying something else, especially if it's going to be a gift. It looks a bit cheap to be giving to someone else.

Wake: 1 (Watersong)
Wake: 1 (Watersong)
by Amanda Hocking

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the standard of her other books., 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Wake: 1 (Watersong) (Paperback)
The thing I immediately noticed about Amanda Hocking's new book Wake is that it is written in third person, which actually took me a little by surprise. I've read all of her other titles, and enjoyed them all mainly because she does so well at using first person to make the characters come alive. She makes me feel something for the characters. In Wake, however, her use of third person seemed to make the characters fall flat. I didn't really get a sense of who Gemma really was, apart from the fact that she loves swimming and doesn't have any friends. I liked Harper even less, as her character just didn't really seem to make any sense. It wouldn't even have made a difference to the story if she were taken out of the book altogether.

It also slightly aggravated me that almost every character was so stereotypical and 'perfect'. Gemma is a great swimmer with her sights set on the Olympics, Harper is a straight A student going to college. These girls are both described as pretty (Gemma even describes herself as one of the prettiest girls in town, yet she's only had one boyfriend and seems to have no friends?) Alex and Daniel are both described as hot, muscly, tanned and toned, in so many words, and become the sisters' love interests. I just failed to see any real depth to the characters, and as a result, I didn't really care what happened to any of them. The only interesting character was Marcy, but she didn't contribute to the story in any way either.

Through the first half of the book I was pretty much bored to tears. The chapters were repetitive, with pretty much the same thing happening over and over again. I've read other reviews that say Hocking was building up the the action in the later chapters of the book, but would you really describe the beginning of Wake as a build up? Personally, I'd call it a bore. Nothing that happened was particularly important to the story line (unless it becomes important in the sequels, but I doubt it). I carried on reading through the waffle because I'm such a fan of Hocking's work, and eventually I was glad I did. Once the main story line starts to kick in, there are some interesting parts. and the story really starts to come into itself. Nevertheless, parts of it still felt unrealistic or unbelievable, and even though I finished the book, I did so without ever really caring about what was happening to each of the characters.

All in all, this isn't one of Hocking's greatest books, and if you're picking this up with expectations of another Trylle series, then you'd be wrong. In most of her other books, the action starts immediately. Wake is a much slower starter, but that's not to say it isn't a good book. I did enjoy reading it, and I will probably be picking up the second one, but I'll be doing so with the hope of a little more character development, and hopefully something that will make me care about what's happening.

The Hunger Games Stadium Movie Maxi Poster - 61x91 cm
The Hunger Games Stadium Movie Maxi Poster - 61x91 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product sent., 4 April 2012
The poster arrived in good time, but when I opened it I discovered that it wasn't what I ordered. However, the poster I received was another Hunger Games one, so I decided to keep that one anyway rather than going through the fuss of sending it back and waiting for another to arrive. Just lucky I ordered for myself rather than for someone else, I guess.

Virtue - A Fairy Tale
Virtue - A Fairy Tale

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the usual standard, 20 Oct. 2011
As a huge fan of Amanda's work, I was looking forward to reading this. But I have to say I was rather disappointed. The story didn't seem to have much substance, and not a lot happened. There were a lot of cliches, and some of it was rather cringe-worthy. I struggled to finish it, and only did so because I'm such a fan of Amanda Hocking's other work. If this had another author whom I wan't such a big fan of, I would have stopped reading a few chapters in and probably wouldn't have gone back to it.

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)
Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 15 Feb. 2011
I bought this book because it came with a high rating and low price tag. The description interested me, so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't disappointed! This is a brilliant book that you will find hard to put down, as were the others in the series. I agree that it gets a little slow in the middle, and that it is definitely aimed more to teenage girls as an audience, but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this trilogy, and will be looking forward to more from this author in the future. There are complaints of typos and things, but this is a self-published book, and mistakes are made. It doesn't take anything away from how good these books are, and I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in this genre.