Profile for Athlon > Reviews

Athlon (Manchester)

Slots Quest
Slots Quest

5.0 out of 5 stars lively slot game, 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Slots Quest (App)
Professionally done and engrossing to play

Global TV
Global TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives an interesting explore of a good selection of the worlds TV, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Global TV (App)
This an ambitious and useful little app and I have spent enough hours watching to get good value from it, the downside for some is that not all channels are always available, but with such a huge selection you can always find alternatives, it needs a reasonable net connection or it will buffer, but 150-200 kbs will have it running smoothly, its not perfect, but this is a great little app, and I would recommend.

Series Streaming
Series Streaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on Samsung tab 3, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Series Streaming (App)
Just watched 3 episodes of dexter, immediate sharp good quality streaming, you have to complete a captcha if 1st stream doesn't work, but thats a 20 sec delay.Didn't have to download any player and the content is ad free, also they have supernatural, great value, and recommended for this tablet.

Supreme Commander 2 (PC DVD)
Supreme Commander 2 (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars So sad that Total Annhilation came to this., 24 Mar. 2010
I was a fan from the original games and played them endlessly, I expected to find at least the seeds of brilliance from that original format here in this new title, but this leaves me cold, feeling like I'm wasting my time playing such a soul-less game. Halfway through the first campaign I can't bear it anymore and am uninstalling, the kindest thing all round for this colourful, but lame duck.

For me, a sad day for gaming.

Sapphire 11125-05-26R HD3450 1GB HM PCI-E Graphics Card
Sapphire 11125-05-26R HD3450 1GB HM PCI-E Graphics Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Misrepresentation, 28 Jan. 2010
Bought this to replace a struggling 256MB card on an older system, Amazon buyer was fine and delivery was swift, however on opening the box and reading the details I see that this 1GB card is actually a 256MB card that uses system memory to make up the remaining 750MB.

In my opinion this is misrepresentation, its a 256MB card and should be described as such. How many systems have 750MB system memory going spare for the graphics card to take? The system it was due to be fitted to had 1GB of system memory and that was needed to run the O/S and the applications needed, for the card to take any of this would be detrimental to performance.

I didn't carry out the upgrade and the card remains unused, the vendor wouldn't exchange as I'd thrown the packaging, net result money wasted.

Had it been advertised as 256MB I would not have bought it, I think this is a case for Trading Standards.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2010 2:37 PM GMT

Fear 2: Project Origin (PC DVD)
Fear 2: Project Origin (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it. You cannot resell & its a short game., 22 Mar. 2009
Very disappointed with the simplistic console like gameplay, I mean glowing targets? PC games used to be sophisticated but when it comes to mashing the mouse to beat enemies, you've lost me.

Short, no savegame facility, scrappy story, poor AI, and the outrage of having to have steam authenticate you every time you want to play, and then not being able to sell your £25 game is a liberty to far.

They have lost me as a customer (and I've bought every Fear release). Poor game and shocking customer treatment. Avoid.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2013 4:30 AM GMT

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC DVD)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars EA Deserves to go Bust!, 29 Oct. 2008
EA showed their contempt for the gaming public by releasing "The First Decade" compilation with a million bugs - this just confirms their approach, and this is not the kind of company I want to support with my hard earned cash.

Stop it with the spyware and just make PC games. I won't be buying this either and will be recommending gaming buddies do the same. I've played every C&C game ever released and I'll admit I would have bought this one but they've ruined it with the DRM and limited installs.

Watch our for EA staff shills trying to add 5* reviews. Don't buy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2008 5:13 PM GMT