Profile for ARBIE > Reviews

ARBIE "RB" (Harwich UK)

Texas Road Trip
Texas Road Trip

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from Mr. Vaughn, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Texas Road Trip (Audio CD)
This CD is everything you would expect from the wonderful Ben Vaughn. Great tunes, great musicians and Augie Meyers is on here for goodness sakes! There are great re-recordings of songs from Glasgow Time and Rambler '65, including the one with my favourite line "Seven days without love makes one weak" If you are already a Benfan buy it, if you're not well buy it anyway and see what you've been missing.

Uncanned! The Best Of Canned Heat
Uncanned! The Best Of Canned Heat
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU NEED TO BUY THIS CD, 27 April 2014
I've been a Heat fan for longer that I care to remember. I have a couple of "best of" sets so didn't bother with this one when it came out. Oh boy I wish I had got hold of this a lot earlier. This CD is excellent . I'm listening to it right now and can't find a fault anywhere. The alternate take of "On The Road Again" is fantastic and worth the price alone, an equal to the released take. You can always think of tracks you would have liked to be included but then you always get that with compilations. My ONLY gripe is some of the printing in the booklet - white on black and a bit blurred, but hey that might just be my eyes. Buy this with confidence you will not be sorry - and like the Bear said "Don't forget to boogie"

Original Album Classics: Spirit / The Family That Plays Together / Clear / Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus / Feedback

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spirit Moved Me, 13 Jun 2013
This music is so good, how come I missed it all those years ago? If all you have heard is Fresh Garbage (on all those great CBS samplers - remember?) and the hit I Got A Line On You, you should buy this set. Everything that is great about late 60s and early 70s music is here. Can't recommend this item highly enough.

It Came From Nashville (Deluxe
It Came From Nashville (Deluxe

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST BUY IT - NOW, 15 May 2013
I've had this on LP, CD, CD with extra tracks and the full grown edition. It's what rock'n'roll is really all about. Great songs, fantastic band, superlative instrumentals and to top it all a credo we should all follow. Buy this album and then buy all the others then maybe W.W. will come over the pond and play poolside at my house!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2013 10:52 AM BST

The General Post Office Film Unit Collection Vol.2 - We Live In Two Worlds [DVD]
Dvd ~ Len Lye

5.0 out of 5 stars WE LIVE IN TWO WORLDS, 23 April 2009
This collection is excellent (as is the first) For an insight into early British documentary films making you can't get much better. Well done BFI roll on Vol 3 !