Profile for juan > Reviews

Content by juan

juan

Page: 1 | 2
In Fashion: From Runway to Retail, Everything You Need to Know to Break Into the Fashion Industry

4.0 out of 5 stars stories and opinions about people from different backgrounds in fashion, 5 Oct. 2013
Good book. It is not a technical book with too many details. But is good for advice in a fashion career.

Rich Dad's Guide to Investing
Rich Dad's Guide to Investing

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 5 Oct. 2013
a bit repetitive the first chapters but it helps you to understand it better. Good for finance and advice for life.

How Patterns Work: The Fundamental Principles of Pattern Making and Sewing in Fashion Design

5.0 out of 5 stars All I studied about pattern cutting on my 1st year fashion degree, 8 Jun. 2013
I recommend this book for everyone.
It's very well explained. it shows you all you need about pattern cutting from beginner to an intermediate level. Very helpful and good for reference. To be honest some things in this book I wouldn't be able to understand without studying fashion before. So I think is good for beginners but not for complete beginner.
A must have book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 7:01 PM BST

Facon De Parler 1 French for Beginners: Coursebook
Facon De Parler 1 French for Beginners: Coursebook
by Angela Aries

2.0 out of 5 stars not good for me, 8 Jun. 2013
this is the course book for my beginner French course. I didn't like it at all. The book is not very well explained. It doesn't follow an order like from basic to advanced grammar. Easy to get lost while you try to study with it. I think the worst part of this book is that grammar is not very well explained like other books I have and for me that it the most important thing on a book.

Fashion A to Z: An Illustrated Dictionary
Fashion A to Z: An Illustrated Dictionary
by Alex Newman

2.0 out of 5 stars not good for me, 8 Jun. 2013
the first day of my fashion course I asked my teacher for a book about fashion words i could learn and she recommended this book. It a dictionary. I found it good but not useful at all. It's ok for non-fashion students or beginner. But once you study a semester this book doesn't help. The price doesn't match the book, it should be cheaper. There are lot of better books about fashion knowledge.

5 Star Tailors Shears 210mm
5 Star Tailors Shears 210mm
Offered by Rimedmedicalsupplies

2.0 out of 5 stars not good enough, 8 Jun. 2013
it ok for domestic sewing. But for professional working it doesn't work good. I'm doing a fashion course and when the teacher saw my final pieces cut she was about to cry. This scissor works with hard thick fabric but that the only thing it cut properly. anyway thank to this product I learnt that when you want to meet the standard requirements about quality you need to have the appropriate tools (expensive ones)

Acer Aspire 5250 15.6 inch Laptop (AMD Dual Core E450 1.65GHz, RAM 6GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars best computer i ever had, 8 Jun. 2013
I bought it last September 2012. (9 months ago) and it works like the first day. good quality. The 6GB ram makes a difference, you can see that this laptop works fast. I use it with lot of fashion drawing and designing software and it doesn't freeze easily. The battery works fine ( about 4hrs). Everything else works perfect.
the only thing is that a HDMI port would be perfect but for the price of this laptop I couldn't be more happier.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars fresh, 8 Jun. 2013
very good product. I give you hair a nice perfume and it feels fresh and natural. No lot chemicals but has some.

Faithfull 1m/ 39-inch Folding Rule ABS Plastic - White
Faithfull 1m/ 39-inch Folding Rule ABS Plastic - White

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 8 Jun. 2013
i use this ruler for fashion pattern cutting but it's a ruler, you can use it everywhere. It works perfectly, about 20cm long when you fold it so I can carry it on a small bag. Once you open it you have a 1M rule completely functional.

Philips Bodygroom TT2000/43 Replacement Blade
Philips Bodygroom TT2000/43 Replacement Blade

4.0 out of 5 stars it works, 8 Jun. 2013
my old bodygroom wasn't working. This replacement bring it back to life. Very useful. The only thing is that the price should be cheaper because it's quite expensive for a replacement object.

Page: 1 | 2