Profile for Georgie > Reviews

Dragons: Rise of Berk
Dragons: Rise of Berk
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Dragons: Rise of Berk (App)
It's really fun and addictive i would recommend this game to anyone who loves the film. The only problem i have with it is that it keeps disconnecting me from the game which really annoys me.

Ysabel
Ysabel
by Guy Gavriel Kay
Price: 5.86

1.0 out of 5 stars A real disappointment, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ysabel (Paperback)
I cannot belive that this is from the same author as 'Tigana' and 'Under Heaven'. Those books (and the others I have read .... Sarantium, Fionavar and Al Rassan) have depth and breadth and force you to engage in a real way with the characters. Ysabel was shallow, pointless and written for a trash teen market. The characters were 1 dimensional and lacked anyting that enabled you to care about them let alone engage with them. If you like GGK, then leave this one on the shelf.

The Martian Ambassador
The Martian Ambassador
by Alan K. Baker
Price: 6.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Martian Ambassador (Paperback)
Maybe I was expecting too much of this book, everyone else thought it was great and I felt it was rubbish. Their glowing reveiws encouraged me to buy it and I felt compelled to write this to show that it may not be as good as you hope. I found the characters two dimensional and steroetyped to an absurd degree. It is indeed Sherlock Holmes meets War of the Worlds, with none of the originality of either. In fact, it appeared to be lifted entirely from both. I could just about forgive this (being very fond of both) until the fairies turned up ...... yes, Oberon and Titania make a bizarre appearance that took the book from merely bad to truly aweful. If you want an off beat Victorian age turned on its head, read the Burton and Swinburne books by Mark Hodder. Alternatively the excellent Jackals series by Stephen Hunt. Much better investment of time and money.