Profile for skymunki > Reviews

A Night Without Armor: Poems
A Night Without Armor: Poems
by Jewel Kilcher

5.0 out of 5 stars I give it 11 of out 10!!, 24 April 2010
I first read this book when I stumbled upon it while browsing through the poetry section at our local library. When I recently found it at amazon, I had to have it. Jewel writes with such grace and passion that it is hard not to get lost in her world and her experiences. Her poetry inspires. This collection is one of my all time favorites and I really recommend this to everyone. Excellent! This collection will move you.

Safari Gents Leather Wallet Style 2089 46
Safari Gents Leather Wallet Style 2089 46
Offered by Ashlie Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 24 April 2010
I bought this for my husband whose wallet was falling apart. It was boxed and was lovely presented. The leather is soft and the colour is just beautiful and stylish. The best is that yummie new leather smell. I couldn't get enough of it and my husband says the wallet is perfect. Excellent buy.

Grow Your Own Drugs: Fantastically Easy Recipes for Natural Remedies and Beauty Treats
by James Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars A natural winner, 24 April 2010
I bought this for my moher-in-law who loves herbs and gardening and believes medicine should be made from natural ingredients. This book is beautifully illustrated and well-written and gives recipes to common ailments such as skin conditions and hangover remedies as well as others.

Chasing Down the Dawn: Life Stories
Chasing Down the Dawn: Life Stories
by Jewel Kilcher

5.0 out of 5 stars I give it 10 stars!!, 24 April 2010
What a beautiful, magical and powerful book! I am a big fan of Jewel Kilcher as a writer. She is my favorite writer and inspire my own writing. This book gives an insight into her own life and has beautiful photographs of her and her family and where she grew up. I feel honoured to share in her moments of joy, grief and mystery. Alaska seems wild and enchanting, makes me want to fly there tomorrow.

The Complete Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde
The Complete Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde
by Oscar Wilde

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily Ever After!!, 24 April 2010
I just absolutely love this book! "The Happy Prince" story made me cry. Fairytales at their best!! Excellent and heart-warming. You'll fall in love with it!

1500 Words in 15 Minutes a Day: Your Week-by-week Plan to a Perfect Vocabulary
1500 Words in 15 Minutes a Day: Your Week-by-week Plan to a Perfect Vocabulary
by Ceil Cleveland

5.0 out of 5 stars Word Play, 24 April 2010
Excellent. Teaches and explains and help you build your grammar and vocabulary bit by bit without having to take the dictionary in hand.

Collected Poems of Oscar Wilde (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
Collected Poems of Oscar Wilde (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
by Oscar Wilde

4.0 out of 5 stars Oscar at his best?, 24 April 2010
I was a bit disappointed with the content but overall I love Oscar Wilde's writings and it is just nice to have one of his poetry collections anyway. The poems' subjects are very much about the era and the politics he was part of and I guess I was looking for more insight on how he viewed life in general. But all in all it is a very good book and those readers who are interested in that sort of poetry will love it.

Arms and Armour (Eyewitness)
Arms and Armour (Eyewitness)
by Michele Byam

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, 24 April 2010
I bought this for my husband and I paged through it myself. The photos are amazing, the designs are inspiring and the content is fascinating. An excellent book.

Diary of an Early American Boy (Dover Books on Americana)
Diary of an Early American Boy (Dover Books on Americana)
by Eric Sloane

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!!, 24 April 2010
I bought my husband one and he loved it, said it was very interesting and very well written as well as excellent illustrations. Later we bought one for my mother-in-law as well after my husband told her stories from the book. Very good buy. A must read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Earthy Comfort, 24 April 2010
I was soo excited to receive these as I have been dying to have Earth shoes and they are usually soooo expensive!! Although these are super comfy, very good colour and quality for the price, I had to return them because they were too wide. Very annoyed.

Page: 1 | 2