Profile for miles more music man > Reviews

Content by miles more mus...

miles more music man "miles more music man" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Pedal To The Metal
Pedal To The Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars 80'S MELODIC ROCK AT IT'S BEST, 16 April 2016
This review is from: Pedal To The Metal (Audio CD)
The self titled DRIVE SHE SAID album is one of the greatest Melodic Rock albums ever made. The follow up album Driving Wheel had a lot to beat and although it too was a brilliant album it couldn't top the aformentioned 1st album. The albums that followed never quite cut the tread, weak songs and poor production sent them into obscurity. This latest offering is in my opinion the true follow up to Driving Wheel. a great selection of Classic Drive She Said songs backed up by top notch production. Classic 80's polished Melodic Rock that doesn't at all sound dated mixed with a slight modern edge. Al Fritsch powerful vocals are as strong as ever and the TOUCH legend Mark Mangold masters the keyboards to give the whole album a powerful dynamic synth feel to compliment the great guitar work. Stand out tracks for me are right up front on the tracklist "Touch", "Pedal to the Metal" and "In 'R Blood". However, there is not a bad track on this album and the faves could easily change after more plays. Definately one for the collection if you are a an AOR connoisseur or just a plain and simple rock dude. Buy or Die, it doesn't get any better that this.

Life, Love & Hope
Life, Love & Hope
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars From Infinity and backward, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Life, Love & Hope (Audio CD)
Tom Scholz needs a hearing test, no doubt about it. What I would like to know is: Did Frontiers Records hear this work before they agreed to licence it for release? If they did, well that makes it all the more unbelievable. Or were they not bothered because the name alone would sell enough pre orders for them to make their money. Mines a drinks coaster now. I have tried, tried and tried a dozen times over to give this a chance but it gives me a headache, it is total and utter rubbish. I am sure he used the Hooked on Classics clapping rhythm in one of the tracks. Pointless reviewing the entire track listing as I would end up using the same words and would then become as repetitive as the songs (I use that term "songs" loosely).

Now That's What I Call Disco
Now That's What I Call Disco

1.0 out of 5 stars now thats what fitted the licensing budget !, 1 Oct. 2013
As a previous reviewer said WHERE IS THE BEE GEES!, the songs that created the mainstream disco trend. You cannot have an iconic branded compilation album without the iconic songs. Night Fever is THE Disco signature, so what bubble do the people who compile these albums live in. (or was it the budget couldn't stretch far enough to buy that track)
What is next...Now That's What I Call Rock (without QUEEN). Have a talk to yourselves NOW LLP/ SONY/ UNIVERSAL or whoever you are NOW!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2013 11:54 AM GMT

ii
ii
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing follow up album., 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: ii (Audio CD)
I think the previous reviewer was a little premature with the verdict of 3 stars. I had big expectations for this second original material album from Houston. The first couple of plays I must admit totally didn't light my fire. I'm comimg home was the stand out track purely because I have heard it numerous times and it is a standard catchy 80's melodic song. However, after 6 or so spins this album is proving to be everything I expected. Lavish keybords, great guitar riffs, immaculate vocals, tight percussion/bass and a quality production carried over from the "relaunch" album. The songs and hook lines stick firmly in your head once you give it them extra spins. This is 80's melodic rock with a modern sound and production. Keep them coming Houston and be proud of this follow up album. 10/10 for me. Love it!
How about a second relaunch album next?

ONLY FOOLIN'
ONLY FOOLIN'

5.0 out of 5 stars PREMIUM MUSIC, 7 Dec. 2012
This review is from: ONLY FOOLIN' (Audio CD)
The live tracks here are as near as you will get to actually being there. The new tracks on this EP are superb and a great taster for the up and coming album.
The songs are catchy, superbly performed,superbly produced and engineered. I would go as far as to say this release is the best sonically sounding rock material I have heard for a long long time. Punchy, crystal clear and sounding like a "BIG BUCKS" production. A CD you cannot get bored with. 10/10. Buy or die

JVC DVD+R 100 PACK SPINDLE
JVC DVD+R 100 PACK SPINDLE
Offered by ECOTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars better check your drive if you are getting a lot of failures, 24 Oct. 2012
I have used two cakes of these discs and had not one failure. I previously used TDK and although the failure rate was low they suffer badly from premature ageing (discolouration and read failure). The JVC discs are a breath of fresh air in my opinion. The fact they are made in Japan gives me a high confidence level anyway.

Mr. Blue Sky: The Very Best Of Electric Light Orchestra
Mr. Blue Sky: The Very Best Of Electric Light Orchestra

3.0 out of 5 stars better sound? - the jury is out on that !, 13 Oct. 2012
I was looking forward to see how modern technology could expand the amazing sound of ELO. The answer on this occasion is ..it hasn't. These new recordings sound compressed and in my opinion are far inferior to the originals. Somebody else in these reviews mentions royalty gathering was behind these new versions. They are not wrong and many bands are doing the same (Def Leppard currently doing the same). It's not aimed at taking the royalties from the other band members though but more teaching the major Record Companies a lesson. Most bands don't get royalties from downloads as the Record companies state that their contracts were drawn up to only include the formats of the day (vinyl,cassette and in some cases CD). Digital downloads were not included in these original contracts....so the Record companies give them NOTHING. That is an absolute disgrace so I don't blame them for doing theses re-records and sticking them on iTunes. Jeff states he has done these re-records because when he hears ELO songs on the radio they always sound dull and lifeless. I would rather he be honest and truthfully say it is because of the Record Company stealing royalties. We would all understand. If he maintains it is because they sound dull on the radio, my advice Jeff is get a new radio mate because there ain't anything wrong with them original recordings and they are 100% better than the re-records. Sorry Jeff, love yer music but this is not better sound quality at all.

Fanatic
Fanatic

1.0 out of 5 stars Do my ears and eyes deceive me, 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Fanatic (Audio CD)
I bought it, heard it, heard it again and I just don't get what the other reviewers are taking about here. Yes Ann's voice is still there but what is not there is any significant quality songs or outstanding guitar playing. This album may have a rock moment or 2 but it is not a rock album. I never expected it to be the polished melodic Heart sound of the 80's but neither does it remind me of the earlier music either. The bottom line is, if this offering didn't have the Heart or any other well known artists brand on the cover, it would not sell!
Boring I am afraid and a better tune comes from the washing machine. One for the Amazon marketplace "Used as new"

On The 13th Day [Ltd 2cd Digi]
On The 13th Day [Ltd 2cd Digi]

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 24 Sept. 2012
What a brilliant collection of songs
What a brilliant band performance
What a brilliant production
What a brilliant package.

Quite a diverse set of song but all with the Magnum signature sound. Ranging from hard edge rockers, sing along melodic anthems and technically clever ballads, all with very meaningful lyrics. That's what makes this album so different to the last 5 since the band reformed. Definitely more commercial yet in a way sophisticated. An album you cannot get sick of listening to. I would go so far as to say it is a modern epic rock masterpiece. If this doesn't sell by the bucket load there is no justice in the Music World. Best tracks for me are:

Didn't like you anyway - Superb cello intro leading to a very contagious melody.
Lyrics aimed at the Bankers I believe

So let it rain - The first single. A commercial tune with an extremely catchy chorus

Shadow town - Sounds a bit Springsteenesque

Putting things in place - deep sorrowful ballad but beautifully sung and arranged.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2012 10:21 PM BST

I Grew Up in the 70s
I Grew Up in the 70s

1.0 out of 5 stars OoPS a BIG MASTERING FAULT, 8 Aug. 2012
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
Great album but......Anybody noticed the Showaddywaddy track "Under the moon of love is mastered at the wrong speed (excessively fast)> Do they never ear test music discs these days. Trying to find who is responsible for these compilations at EMI is almost immposible. This product should be withdrawn and new product issued, as I expect every copy will be the same. Very shoddy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2012 6:47 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2