Profile for Iain Ashby > Reviews

Content by Iain Ashby

Iain Ashby "gigahoe" (London, uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Authentic RDX Wrist Weight Lifting Training Gym Straps Bandage
Authentic RDX Wrist Weight Lifting Training Gym Straps Bandage
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 5.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for training with wrist pain., 1 May 2014
Firstly they are not black as pictured but off white. However, they still look really good and you get two for this price.
I was having issues with one of my wrists after spraining a while ago which meant that some exercises were off limits due to joint pain. Now since wearing these my wrist is much stronger (probably due to being able to strengthen the muscles around the joint) and I've been able to continue training.
The velcro is very strong and although they are starting to look a bit tatty that's to be expected of several months of being worn 4-5 times a week.

Caran d'Ache 849 Metal Range Ball Pen Fluo - Yellow
Caran d'Ache 849 Metal Range Ball Pen Fluo - Yellow
Price: 13.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Great pen but sold with used cartridge, 1 May 2014
The pen is lovelly but has already run out after less than a month's infrequent office use. Based on others comments that the refils last for ages and the other pen I bought at the same time is still going strong I can only conclude that my pen was shipped with used/faulty cartridge.

Unfortunately the return window is now closed so this is the only way I can complain.

iPhone 4s Yellow USB Data Transfer , Sync / Charging Cable also compatible with iPad 2 / iPod Nano Shuffle Touch Nano / iPhone 3Gs 3 - Premium Quality Distinguished Style and Colour
Offered by Top Bargain1
Price: 2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, 29 April 2014
Purchased to use with my Ipod Nano 6th generation as the cable that came with it had got rather worn. Works great so far and the colour is very nice. Not much more you can say about a cable!

TDK T78532 BoomBox 3 Speaker Audio System for iPod/iPhone/Smartphone or USB Flash Drive (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very loud!, 31 Mar 2014
This boombox can get very very loud if you want it to and is also has loads of bass even on the default setting. The sound quality playing MP3s is very good and it even charges your iPod whilst playing. Also it's very hansome being a nice deep black with lovely bronze trimings on the two The down sides are there's no remote, the display doesn't show the song title etc rather just showing TDK and the company slogan over and over again and there's no true docking station meaning that you have to just connect the USB wire (included) to the back of the device and then rest your iPod in the little divet on top of the speakers. This last one could be considered a good thing as it doesn't matter what size of iPod you have. I haven't tried with any other type of MP3 player and I'm not sure if the newer iPods with the smaller cable input work either.

Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder (discontinued by manufacturer)
Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good recorder, 31 Mar 2014
I bought this after the inbuilt digibox on my TV stopped working and it's been largely very good. Firstly the size of storage is very large meaning that you can store hundreds of films before you get near capacity. The menu is also very good, allowing you to search and save favorite channels etc.
There is only one complaint which is that if you're like me and you keep some programs recorded for a long time it does get to the point where new recordings start to skip and you have to reset/defrag the box which wipes everything on there. I've only had to do this twice in the 4 years I've had the box, and I've found that if you just manage your usage better by watching the stuff you recorded a while ago or deleting it (most films are on every few months or if you've not watched something after recording a year ago do you really need it?) this stops this happening.

66Fit Combination Wobble/Rocker Board, 45 cm
66Fit Combination Wobble/Rocker Board, 45 cm
Price: 31.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for recovering ankles, 31 Mar 2014
I bought this as I'd recently sprained my right ankle playing football for the first time (after spraining my left several times before) and decided to finally pay attention to what I was advised to by physios. The variety of attatchments mean that you can progress from the easiest to hardest as you strengthen your ankles until your using the hardest with just one foot on the board. The coating is hard wearing meaning that you can use with or without shoes.
Now I'm at the point where my ankles feel stronger than before the injuries (I know this is not the case) but I still use the board to stretch out my ankles after football or even when ironing.

100 Clear Recycling Bags / Sacks / Refuse / Rubbish - 64 Gauge
100 Clear Recycling Bags / Sacks / Refuse / Rubbish - 64 Gauge
Offered by Venus Packaging
Price: 11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and strength recycling bags, 31 Mar 2014
I use these as recycling bags as the council ones are rather hard for me to get hold of. They are very strong and hold an awful lot of recycling, I honestly cannot remember ever having one split on me!
My only complaint is that they are just straight bags with no handles/ties at the top meaning that you have to remember not to fit completly to the top otherwise you cannot close, however this is not enough of an issue for me not to award the full 5 stars.

Samsung LE32R87BD- 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview - Black
Samsung LE32R87BD- 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars 6 years in and still great., 31 Mar 2014
I bought this TV over 6 years ago and it's still going strong. The digibox part did stop working about 4 years in which was a shame (and why I didn't give 5 stars) so I had to buy and external one but the picture quality is still very good. There are plenty of settings to tweek with on the picture and sound, which mean you can tailor them to what your watching, although I tend to leave both set to movie most of the time. This can make the sound go very loud whenever music is played on programs, and games can appear a little too dark but either way the quality is very good.

Professional Moustache Scissors and Beard Trimming Scissors, Extremely Sharp - MultiColour
Offered by Sanguine Scissors Ltd
Price: 17.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, sharp beard scissors, 31 Mar 2014
The scissors are very sharp and can be adjusted via the screw incase they get a bit loose after usage. The handle is a good shape, they really are a pleasure to use. Please note that the handle is not black like in the picture but rather the same as the rest of the scissors, but that's fine as they are beautiful!

Panuu Willis Men's Cardigan Black Large
Panuu Willis Men's Cardigan Black Large
Offered by George and Freddie

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 31 Mar 2014
Cheap cardigan which I bought for a fancy dress evening and will never wear again. The cut is old fashioned being long in the body and the cuffs are rather tight. Also the material is everything you expect 100% Acrylic to be, boiling hot!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4