Profile for Sandcastle24 > Reviews

Content by Sandcastle24

Sandcastle24

Page: 1 | 2
SODIAL(R) Touch Screen TV/DVD/VCR Remote Controlled Wrist Watch (Black)
SODIAL(R) Touch Screen TV/DVD/VCR Remote Controlled Wrist Watch (Black)
Offered by A Brilliant Planet

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch, 19 Jan. 2016
Good as a watch, but still haven't been able to get round to working out how to use it as a remote (review by 13 year old boy).

Sony DK52 Micro USB Charging Dock for Xperia Z3+ - Black
Sony DK52 Micro USB Charging Dock for Xperia Z3+ - Black
Offered by Best Digital Market

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful piece of kit, 19 Jan. 2016
A bit flimsy considering the quality of the phone. However, reasonable for the price.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
My 13-year old enjoyed this immensely, having already seen the movie.

Questions of Travel
Questions of Travel

3.0 out of 5 stars Following the travels of others - holiday reading?, 31 Oct. 2014
I bought this as holiday reading. Although I followed along and read the book from cover to cover, it didn't excite me. Perhaps it was just my state of mind when I was reading.

Instructions for a Heatwave
Instructions for a Heatwave

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read for our book group, 6 Sept. 2014
Great characterisation, just didn't want it to end...

The News: A User's Manual
The News: A User's Manual

5.0 out of 5 stars before you check the news headlines again, read this, 22 Feb. 2014
Some years ago, on the advice of a motivational guru, I was advised to stop watching the news as it would only depress me. By and large I have followed his advice, finding that if news is necessary to me it will somehow find me. I heard Alain de Boton being interviewed about this book on the radio, and thought it sounded very interesting. I don't think I've highlighted so many excerpts on my Kindle app for any book before. So many insights which I agreed with. I shall enjoy dipping into The Philosopher's Mail for interpretation of news stories in future.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting read, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Paperback)
This was a book group set text for me, which I would probably not have chosen to read otherwise. It was perfectly paced and written with a really delicate and genuine treatment of a very difficult subject.

Panasonic Panasonic 52mm Lumix G Protective Filter
Panasonic Panasonic 52mm Lumix G Protective Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens protection for Panasonic Lumix, 19 July 2013
I bought this filter for my new Panasonic Lumix camera. I do tend to be a bit rough with my cameras, so always make sure the lens is protected before first use. This product does just that.

Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Bridge Camera - Black (12MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Offered by L&J Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very excited by this camera, 19 July 2013
Bought this camera to replace a Canon D350 which I like, but was having problems with.

Have absolutely loved the transition to always having a fabulous zoom capability without having to change lenses. The camera is easy to use for basic functions, and there are lots of video tutorials on YouTube which I'm planning to watch to learn more about how to use the more advanced features.

This camera has re-awakened my interest in photography, and has me looking to learn more and accept new challenges. Great buy.

Only downside I've noticed is that there are some colours which don't render very 'true' to my eye. May have to fiddle a bit with settings to fix.

The lens hood supplied is very brittle plastic and a bit cumbersome, so I haven't used it much. But a tiny niggle, and only really mentioned to balance the review.

Sightlines
Sightlines

5.0 out of 5 stars read this in the Year of Natural Scotland, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Sightlines (Kindle Edition)
As a keen amateur photographer, I marvel at the way Kathleen Jamie is able to conjour up pictures with words.

Page: 1 | 2