Profile for DRU2C > Reviews

Content by DRU2C

DRU2C

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New England
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New England
by Dorling Kindersley ( DK CHU BAN SHE )

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy, 15 Aug 2013
As we are planning an extensive road trip throughout New England during 2014 we were looking to purchase a good travel guide that wasn’t too heavy or cumbersome . This item suites our needs exactly being full of useful information on places of interest plus other data on getting around the region, weather, shopping etc. All in all a very good buy.

Tri Wing Screwdriver Tool
Tri Wing Screwdriver Tool
Offered by BeautyMall(Shipped from HongKong)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tri Wing Screwdriver Tool
I needed this item in order to strip down my old Samsung tablet which had totally refused to boot-up. This screwdriver was adequate in removing the two Tri-wing screws that Samsung had cunningly used to seal the casing. The price was excellent with no additional shipping costs but it was dispatched from Hong-Kong so delivery did take quite a while.

thumbsUp! Melting Clock
thumbsUp! Melting Clock
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Unusual Item, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: thumbsUp! Melting Clock (Misc.)
During a recent holiday to Florida my wife and I visited the Dali Gallery in Tampa which we found absolutely fascinating. The gallery gift shop did have “melting clocks” for sale but unfortunately we didn’t have enough room in our luggage to bring one home. We have found these clocks available for sale in the UK but generally these are much more expensive than the Amazon item. Naturally the shape of this clock dictates that it is made of plastic but I consider that it still looks most acceptable.

Touch Screen Digitizer for iPhone 3GS
Touch Screen Digitizer for iPhone 3GS
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Touch Screen Digitizer for iPhone 3GS, 19 Nov 2012
I recently inherited my sons well used 3-year old i-phone 3GS when he got his new i-phone 5. Replacing the scratched Screen on the 3GS was reasonably straight forward although this exercise should under no circumstances be attempted without spending time studying the 3GS strip down procedures on U-Tube.
Although this is a fairly intricate job, working with extremely small parts, providing that it is not rushed I consider it should not prove beyond the capabilities of most people (but look at U-Tube first and then make the decision on whether you have the necessary skill and patience to proceed). The quality of the kit (containing replacement glass, sticky mounts and all the necessary tools) was excellent, especially considering the very reasonable cost. Delivery time was not great (for Amazon) but was within that specified. The only issue I had with the procedure was the fitting of cable 3. If, after you have replaced the screen, you find that you cannot hear any sound on incoming calls it is possibly because cable 3 has not located in its motherboard receptacle correctly.

iPhone 3Gs Internal Home Menu Button Flex Cable
iPhone 3Gs Internal Home Menu Button Flex Cable
Offered by VOX Connections

5.0 out of 5 stars 3GS Home Button Replacement, 19 Nov 2012
I recently inherited my sons well used 3-year old i-phone 3GS when he got his new i-phone 5. The biggest problem with his 3GS was that the "home button" did not work without a lot of downward pressure. Fitting the replacement button was easy. However, getting to the stage where you can actually replace the button is far more difficult and should only be attempted after spending some time studying the 3GS strip down procedures on U-Tube. It is a very good idea to also replace the screen glass as the existing one has to removed to allow fitting of the new button. Fortunately, a new glass (bundled with the essential tools for stripping down the phone) is available cheaply from Amazon. The part was delivered within 48-hours of delivery and the quality of the item was excellent.

The Complete Dangerous Davies: "Dangerous Davies", "Dangerous in Love", "Dangerous by Moonlight"

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 19 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed these stories. For those who only know the "Dangerous Davies" character from the film or in the TV series it should be noted that in the books "Dangerous" is a far more down-at-heel and less cosy figure than those portrayed by Bernard Cribbins and Peter Davison. The area in which Leslie Thomas sets the stories very much reminds me of the London suburbs that I knew as a kid. Overall an enjoyable and at times humorous group of books.

Auf Wiedersehen Pet: The Complete Series 2 [DVD] [1983]
Auf Wiedersehen Pet: The Complete Series 2 [DVD] [1983]
Dvd ~ Jimmy Nail

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Joy, 31 July 2012
This is a real joy for anybody who remembers the antics of the magnificent seven. Arguably better even than series 1.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Leather Case / Cover and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature + Screen Protector & 2-in-1 Capacitive Stylus & Ink Pen - Wine Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent great value product, 31 July 2012
This is a great product for the money. The case fitted really well and completely covered the i-Pad which means that the device is extremely well protected. I personally did not use the screen protector that was included as part of the package because I have found these to be unnecessary with previous tablets that I have owned. The only downside to this item is that if you wish to impress your friends with your sexy new i-Pad then, with this cover fitted, it could be any cheap nondescript product inside.

Monumental Puzzles (Big Ben)
Monumental Puzzles (Big Ben)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: Monumental Puzzles (Big Ben) (Toy)
I had great fun making this jigsaw model. I would suggest however that you have a stock of rubber bands to hand in order to hold the pieces square as the jigsaw is being built. When completed it certainly looks impressive.

Garmin Nuvi 1370 4.3" Sat Nav with UK, Full Europe, USA and Canada Maps and Bluetooth
Offered by SuStuu

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a good price, 10 Mar 2011
I purchased this product as a replacement for my trusty Nuvi 660 onto which I had purchased and downloaded US maps from Garmin. Unfortunately, the first 1370 I received had a problem; the USB port would facilitate power charging but would not allow data connection onto my PC for downloads / updates etc. Fortunately, this being Amazon, I had no trouble in quickly obtaining an exchange. The replacement has so functioned perfectly. My only gripe with the 1370 being that you cannot search and find a location using a US Zip (post) code.