Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Genuine Hotpoint Washing Machine 10 Hole Drum Paddle Lifter Arm (183mm x 53mm x 38mm)
Offered by WowDiscounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Jun. 2016
Works perfectly. This has now been in my machine for about a month (which means 30ish washes in my house) with no problems at all. If the tabs are breaking off after you install them then it's likely you have something stuck between the drum and casing that's breaking them off. My first set (genuine hotpoint ones from somewhere else, these are not genuine as far as I can tell) broke quickly and that was the reason - my machine was full of junk.

August DVB-T210 - HD Freeview USB TV Tuner - External DVB-T2 Digital Television Receiver and PVR Style Recorder - WINTV Dongle for High Definition PCTV - Desktop and Laptop Compatible Stick for Windows 10, 8, 7 / Vista / XP
Offered by Daffodil UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Windows 10 users, 23 Jun. 2016
This is an ok tuner, especially for the price, and it worked fine for me on Windows 7 64bit. However, after upgrading to Windows 10 64bit it triggers BSOD almost everytime it's used (APC_INDEX_MISMATCH), even on a fresh install. I can only conclude that the current Windows 10 driver is completely useless.

Do not buy if you have Windows 10.

Bluetooth Headphones SoundPEATS Q9A Wireless Earphones Headset with Mic for Running for iPhone Samung etc., (Black)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, 2 Feb. 2016
These are the third pair of Bluetooth headphones I've owned in the last few months and definitely the best all-rounder. The other pairs were:
Liger MH770 (£30) - Best sound quality and general quality but fell out of my ears all the time
Mpow Wolverine (£15) - Poor sound quality, didn't stay in the ear well, slow connecting to phone .

In comparison these headphones are easily my favouirites. The sound quality is good for the price (I listen to audiobooks and podcasts mainly) and the ear clip is fantastic - you can almost forget you've got them on. I've run and gardened in them and had 0 problems which was a refreshing change from the others that would pop out regularly. Another feature that's nice is that the controls are on the earpiece (not on a dangling control box) and are therefor very easy to find with your fingers.

All in all these are great and I think it's unlikely you could get better for the price.

Mpow Wolverine Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Sport Headphones with Mic for Running for iPhone SamSung etc., Silver(Non-magnetic Control)
Offered by Patox

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price but..., 26 Jan. 2016
For the £12-£15 these cost they are not bad, but I had a few issues with them.

The problems:
- The attached controls and mic are handy (I ended up these for calls which I hadn't expected) but the added weight makes the right earpiece prone to falling out. For this reason I would definitely not recommend these for running, or even activity such as gardening as I often had to remove my gloves to put them back in.
- Sound quality is ok but not great
- There is a long time between powering on the headphones and them connecting with the phone (even though they say 'connected immediately), though that's a fairly minor irritation.
- Bluetooth reception was unimpressive. If I had my phone in my trouser pocket and bent over I often get cut-outs in the audio. I have not have this issue with other headphones I've owned.

Silverline PL55 Ratchet Crimping Tool, 215 mm
Silverline PL55 Ratchet Crimping Tool, 215 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 25 Oct. 2015
I bought these for coming ATX and can cables for a PC. They seem well built and work prefectly for what I needed them for. I got several silverpoint told now and I've been happy with all of them.

Fear the Sky: The Fear Saga, Book 1
Fear the Sky: The Fear Saga, Book 1
Offered by Audible Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, fun, action sci-fi, 24 Aug. 2015
I listened to the audiobook version narrated by R.C. Bray and thoughly enjoyed it. The book is well structured, has enough mystery and twists to keep it interested and has some really excellent action sequences. This is certainly towards the pulpier end of Sci-Fi but it's well enough thought out and expained that the occasional hole is easily overlooked.

The naration is also excellent. Bray has a good cadence and somehow manages to give each character a convincing and distinguishable voice and character. Even the females are convincing. I'll be looking out for more of his narrations.

My only serious complaint about the book is that the quality of writing could be improved. Moss is very fond of hyperbole, everything is 'infinitely this' and 'massively that', and partly because of this and his style of description there is sometimes a feeling of repetition. I would say that I did I did enjoy the writing though, everything is explained in just enough detail without being excessive.and dull.

Space Carrier Avalon (Castle Federation Book 1)
Space Carrier Avalon (Castle Federation Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable yarn, 15 July 2015
I was Pleasantly surprised by this book. I've found a lot of military Sci-fi so poorly written that I've had to give up almost immediately but this is actually quite well written. While clearly a fairly simple story of triumph against overwhelming odds the concept has been well thought out and the characters are likeable. I would happily recommend this as a light fun read.

Extinction Point (Extinction Point Series Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, goes nowhere, 19 Jun. 2015
As others have mentions this is dull book with a frustrating main character and poorly thought through plot. My main gripe though is the writing style. I'm all for nice descriptive writing but here the auther spends multiple paragraphs describing the most mudane and uninteresting details, such as the exact ordering of Emily's wardrobe. Much of this comes across as padding and the book could probably have been writing in just over 100 pages had a lot of this guff been removed.

LED Light Strip cool white 100cm 3ft.3in. + Battery box + Switch , battery powered
Offered by GOESWELL LED LIGHT

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 19 Feb. 2015
No complaints here, does exactly what I needed

Rustic style wooden boat hooks (triple)
Rustic style wooden boat hooks (triple)
Offered by Bay Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but difficult to mount, 19 Feb. 2015
I like the item and it looks lovely in our bathroom but I found it very difficult to mount. The bar the boats are attached to is metal and has a hoop for hanging it at either end. Unfortunately because this hook is hidden behind the boat you can't securely mount the hooks through the hoop. Just hanging the hoop off of something is possible but not very secure and difficult to get flush with the wall/door.

I ended up having to drill through the bar and put screws through the holes.

Page: 1 | 2