Profile for Ellen Gladders > Reviews

The Judith Durham Story: Colours of My Life
The Judith Durham Story: Colours of My Life
by Graham Simpson

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 16 Jan 2013
I bought this book as a gift for my stepfather, a Judith Durham fan, and it went down very well.

Equine Behaviour: Principles and Practice
Equine Behaviour: Principles and Practice
by D. S. Mills
Price: 42.74

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too academic for my needs, 16 Jan 2013
This book was interesting but probably more for the equine student than the average horse owner. As an averqge owner who wants to understand more about her horse, I ended up reading the book quite selectively, but found it useful nevertheless.

Think Like Your Horse
Think Like Your Horse
by Michael Peace

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful insight, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Think Like Your Horse (Hardcover)
This book is engaging and easy to follow. Good use of pictures and diagrams illustrate what he is trying to convey in a helpful way.

The Warrior's Code
The Warrior's Code
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Warrior's Code (Audio CD)
I first heard the Dropkick Murphy's "Tripping up to Boston" on the movie The Departed. It was such a powerful track I wanted to hear more so I bought this and Sing Loud, Sing Proud. Love both albums.

Sing Loud, Sing Proud
Sing Loud, Sing Proud
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sing Loud, Sing Proud (Audio CD)
I first heard the Dropkick Murphy's "Tripping up to Boston" on the movie The Departed. It was such a powerful track I wanted to hear more so I bought this and The Warrior's Code. Love both albums.

Twilight [Blu-ray]
Twilight [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Price: 6.01

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the films but they just aren't quite as good as the books, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Twilight [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
In my humble opinion the translation of book to movie has in recent years been much more successful. Take Lord of the Rings as an example. I loved the Twilight books so much and was really excited when they started to make movies but I found this first movie and the first half of the second, New Moon, just a little too slow moving and slightly uncomfortable feeling. It takes until half way through the second movie for the saga to find it's feet, but when it does it's really good and enjoyable movie making.

The Twilight Saga: New Moon [Blu-ray]
The Twilight Saga: New Moon [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but gets better, 16 Jan 2013
The first half of this movie is so slow I was almost losing my paitience, but once it gets moving its really enyojable and sets the story up nicely for the remaining movies in the Twilight Saga. Of all the Twilight movies this is probably my least favourite but it's essential viewing to understand the evolution of the story - so don't skip it!

Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by James Bainbridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful reference guide, 16 Jan 2013
This book is, as usual from Lonely Planet, a very useful reference guide. It helped me find some very nice places - the Gozleme resturant at the Seven Sleepers near Ephesus is still my absolute favourite discovery.

From the Holy Mountain: A Journey In The Shadow of Byzantium
From the Holy Mountain: A Journey In The Shadow of Byzantium
by William Dalrymple
Price: 7.58

3.0 out of 5 stars A tough read, 16 Jan 2013
I don't usually read this sort of book but having recently moved to turkey a friend recommended it as a key section of Dalrymple's journey goes through Turkey and the surrounding countries. The book was a very interesting insignt into some of the historical tensions associated with Turkey and it's neighbours but this genre of writing is not really for me. If you like travel writing then give it a go because the subject matter is very interesting and, of course, very relevent today too.

Riding and Roadcraft: The BHS Riding and Road Safety Manual (Official Bhs Exams Tests 1-6)
by Islay Auty

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential study aid, 16 Jan 2013
Definitely helped me pass my riding and road safety test. Essential reading if you are taking that exam, or for anyone who wants to know more about riding on the road safely.

Page: 1 | 2