Profile for A. Sowden > Reviews

Content by A. Sowden

A. Sowden (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Apocalypse Zero 1 & 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Apocalypse Zero 1 & 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

2.0 out of 5 stars Unecessarily obscene, pointless and downright bizarre., 6 Oct. 2014
If you enjoy 2-hour gore and nudity fests with outrageous creature designs (like an elderly demon man who uses his genitals as weapons) then you might enjoy this. What this anime lacks in plot and character it more than makes up for with extreme violence.

As for the ridiculous and painfully thin story, virtually nothing is explained aside from that the main character inherited supernatural armor from his father so that he can save the world from demons and fight his corrupt brother. A brief look at Wikipedia informs me that the armor is "forged with the souls of deceased warriors".

The total abscence of explanation for many aspects of Apocalypse Zero is likely because it is adapted from a manga of the same name, and that Apocalypse Zero was initially intended to become a full series but ended up as two episodes. It's also possible that the first two episodes are the only two english-dubbed versions that made it to the US so it isn't "complete" as it claims to be on the box. This is purely my own speculation, however.

Walkers Market Deli Tortilla Chips - Chilli & Tomato (165g)
Walkers Market Deli Tortilla Chips - Chilli & Tomato (165g)
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

3.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting more., 26 Aug. 2014
They taste like a blander version of doritos. With the fancy name and packaging I expected something similar to the sensations range, but I ended up being underwhelmed. Salsa enhanced them considerably, though.

Nescafé 3-in-1 Bag (Pack of 9)
Nescafé 3-in-1 Bag (Pack of 9)
Offered by E.U. Xtores

2.0 out of 5 stars If this is Necafe's idea of perfect coffee, I'd rather stick to the imperfect ones., 19 Sept. 2013
It just tastes weak to my 24-year-old tastebuds and overall has a strange flavour - however, that may be because I finished my tin of azera intenso before moving on to this one. Perhaps the stronger 3 in 1 packets would be more of my thing.

Hoover SP36DWP6 Whirlwind 36 Volt Handheld Vacuum Cleaner with Microfibre HSB® Cleaning Glove

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak, 12 Aug. 2013
This is okay for light dust and hair covering say, a hard laminate floor. However, I do not recommend it for intensive vacuuming for bits of crap and debris embedded in your carpet, because it just isn't that powerful enough to suck it up. I bought this to use in my car and it just doesn't do that good of a job.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It tastes like... tomato juice?, 10 Aug. 2013
I guess my tastebuds are just messed up or something, it really does taste more like tomato juice than blackcurrants to me.

V8 Vegetable Juice 1 L (Pack of 6)
V8 Vegetable Juice 1 L (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars It tastes like cold tomato soup., 13 Mar. 2013
And it effectively IS cold soup. But it's good if you're lazy when it comes to eating veggies. It's not disgusting by any means, but it is strange to drink. I'd recommend microwaving it and drinking warm like soup. (But from a glass instead of a bowl) I couldn't tastes the cress, lettuce or beetroot, just the tomato and maybe a hint of carrot.

Metal Dragon Goblet
Metal Dragon Goblet
Offered by Esthers Gifts

3.0 out of 5 stars Messy paintwork which comes off easily after washing up., 15 Jan. 2013
As a goblet, it functions perfectly. But if it's for you dragon-themed collection and you're looking for something that looks good, I don't recommend this. The paintwork on mine was poor, especially on the dragon faces and after a few washes bits of paint started coming off.

Hermesetas  Mini Sweeteners Original 1200 Tablets
Hermesetas Mini Sweeteners Original 1200 Tablets
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather bitter for me. :/, 4 Dec. 2012
Maybe it's just my young tastebuds, but I did't taste any actual sweetness, just a slightly bitter aftertaste. I also made the mistake of adding more than two tablets to my coffee - it was like drinking a mouthful of nail polish. I really don't recommend using more than two.

Nytol Herbal Tablets 28
Nytol Herbal Tablets 28
Offered by PharmacyKwik

1.0 out of 5 stars Not effective for me., 26 Aug. 2012
I went into my shop one day to find the regular Nytol has been replaced by these. I'm not keen on herbal medicines but I decided to give them a chance anyway. I have to say, I much preferred the regular Nytol which did the job of putting me to sleep quickly. Nytol herbal however, did not have much of an effect on me at all, despite taking two of the tablets as the box instructed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2015 12:37 AM BST

Strait Jacket [DVD]
Strait Jacket [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shinji Ushiro
Offered by A2Z Entertains

2.0 out of 5 stars Visually stunning but lacking everywhere else., 18 May 2010
This review is from: Strait Jacket [DVD] (DVD)
The animation and detail was excellent, but the story was rather boring and the characters were bland, wooden and uninteresting. There wasn't a lot of character development; there were flashbacks of characters' pasts with brief explanations but they were never explored in depth. If you like gory anime and lots of action you might like this, but other than that it doesn't offer much else.

Page: 1 | 2