Profile for Leafhelix > Reviews

Content by Leafhelix

Leafhelix "james30555"

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (Full)
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (Full)

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 10 Jan. 2016
Good fun. I enjoyed the cyberpunk theme. Puzzles are pretty logical and not too taxing.

Star Wars Trilogy (Episodes IV-VI) [DVD] [1977]
Star Wars Trilogy (Episodes IV-VI) [DVD] [1977]
Dvd ~ Mark Hamill
Offered by reactive6

4.0 out of 5 stars Just enjoy it!, 2 Oct. 2004
I've been reading, with growing amusement, the furious reviews of others who are getting very hot on under the collar because various bits have been changed and added and the classic trilogy has been tinkered with. I first saw Star Wars in 1977 when I was five and then spent the rest of my childhood pretending to be Luke Skywalker. Now I watch the films with my son (who want to be Darth Vader)and though they have changed, the magic is still there, It really doesn't matter how many stormtroopers where there in the original and how many were pasted in at a later date. These are timeless pieces of swashbuckling adventure, like the Adventures of Robin Hood or the Crimson Pirate before them. I think the problem with Star wars is that the phenomonal success has pushed the films to a level of importance which they were never intended to reach. To truly enjoy these films and to realise there wonder, I look at my sons face as Darth Vader questions the rebel by squeezing his neck or when the century ships sweep onto the falcon and the music gives you gooosebumps.

Kiki's Delivery Service [DVD]
Kiki's Delivery Service [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kirsten Dunst
Offered by Revival Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE family entertainment, 11 Feb. 2004
Family entertainment usually sends shivers down my spine. It means movies my kids will enjoy and I'll sit with a horrific grin waiting for it all to be over. Kiki is different, it's warm, beautifully animated and has a heart of gold. There are enough jokes to keep my young son laughing and a few moments of genuine depth that will moisten the eyes of even the most cynical adult viewer. If you have a young family, buy this DVD, I promise it will become a firm favourite and makes a delightful and most welcome break from shallow western animated offerings.
Thank you Kiki!