Profile for Adam > Reviews

Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
by Syl Arena

4.0 out of 5 stars What more do you need, 7 Aug 2013
This book and the whole 'From Snapshots to Great Shot' series are great to learn more. It has everything you need to light most things you can think of. From getting a great product shot that stands out from it's background, to bringing out the best in portrait photos.
Now I wouldn't class my self as a beginner to photography but I am by no means an expert. This book is great for teaching you a little more, or simply as a reminder or point of reference to the pros out there. The instructions are clear and easy to understand and the book is filled with before and after shots to show you the type of effect you will be aiming for before doing it yourself.

A great book that would make a perfect gift for anyone wanting to know a little more about photographic techniques and get the best out of there equipment. Or even a gift for yourself!

COLOUR ME GOOD RYAN GOSLING
COLOUR ME GOOD RYAN GOSLING
by Mel S. Elliot

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great gift, 7 Aug 2013
I but this as a birthday gift for my housemate who LOVES Ryan Gosling. It makes a fun gift and the drawings are nicely done. Good quality pages and a good range of different images. If you like Ryan Gosling and like colouring in. It's a definite buy.
There's also a couple more books in the series so could be a the start of a fun little collection, or series of presents for someone.

Big Book of Knitting
Big Book of Knitting
by DK

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to get going, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Big Book of Knitting (Hardcover)
I originally saw this book on the high street for £25, I then found it (as I expected to) for a fraction of that price here. I bought it as a gift for my sister who was talking about learning to knit. This book has everything a beginner would need to get started, and gives a visual, in depth, easy to follow instruction for everything from blankets to clothing. Can't go wrong if your interested in learning.

Screw Less 2.5" sata hdd USB 2 2.5 sata hdd hard drive case Enclosure for pc laptop, 2.5" HDD SATA Enclosure Caddy USB 2.0 For Laptop Hard Drive - XP, VISTA, WIN 7, MAC
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for general use, 7 Aug 2013
I originally bought this to clone my macbook HDD to a larger 1TB one, because it was so cheap I figured if it wasn't that great then at least it would do what I wanted. However I will be using it as portable HDD for uni now.
The case pops open easily and the HDD slots in simply (there's not much you can do wrong with it!)
There is no screws or catches to keep the case closed, and it works on a tight fitting basis instead, this means that it's not ideal to be thrown in the bottom of a bag or in a drawer, as it could come lose and damage your disc. That being said however, it is not a loose fit by any means and if you slip it in the (imitation) leather sleeve it comes with, and have somewhere safer in your bag for it then your good to go.
Don't expect a rugged tough case, but you can expect to be able to take it with you if you use a bit more caution with how you carry it.

Overall: Performs as expected and more, I'd definitely recommend it if durability isn't a major factor for you.

iPhone 4 4S Strong ArmBand Case BLUE Cover For SPORTS GYM BIKE CYCLE JOGGING, Tie Phone With Your Arm - by KING OF FLASH
Offered by KING OF FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars A definite bargain, 7 Aug 2013
I was wanting an armband for a while so I didn't have to hold my phone on my morning runs. I didn't want to go for the brand named expensive options, because tbh it's just an armband...what should we be paying extra for?
So after looking around online, Amazon had a few cheaper than this particular one, but in the end I went for this for the nice blue colouring :P
It works as it should, fits my arm perfectly without moving at all, and the mesh material helps with comfort on long runs.
However I would say, as others have mentioned, it may not be suitable for smaller arms, My arms are around 12'' diameter and I had no movement or slipping with the band on. If anything this was a slight annoyance when wanting to mess with my phone as its difficult to turn around to face me (quicker to just pop it out of the case).

All in all, if you are after a cheap armband that's decent quality, you can't go wrong. (just maybe not for smaller arms)