Profile for the santa cat > Reviews

Content by the santa cat

the santa cat "the santa cat is watching you............" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ELECTRO HARMONIX B9 ORGAN MACHINE Electric guitar effects Other pedals and effects
Offered by Musik Produktiv GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so great., 18 Dec. 2014
I am a big fan of the pedals this company makes, so I picked one of these up and I have to say it sounded just terrible.
I have been a fan of organ sounds for a few decades and this sounds nothing like a legit organ. This may appeal to people who want a novelty sound for one of their songs, but for someone who knows their organs this will likely disappoint.
I almost feel bad rating this pedal so poorly, but there it is; it was a complete disappointment. To my ears it sounded pretty horrible.
You may like it's sound, but I did not. None of the presets sounded like the organs they are supposed to imo.

Danelectro Spring King DSR-1 Reverb Effects Unit
Danelectro Spring King DSR-1 Reverb Effects Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality gear., 25 Oct. 2014
Superb, affordable spring reverb unit. Putting my lead through this does indeed give it a very pleasant retro sound, perfect for surf or other music from the late 50s early 60s. Would recommend this to anyone looking for an authentic sounding spring reverb that won't break the bank.

Electro-Harmonix big muff PI with tone wicker
Electro-Harmonix big muff PI with tone wicker
Offered by Sound Affects

5.0 out of 5 stars it is durable and it has a great sound if you are looking for a kind of ..., 25 Oct. 2014
This is a superb pedal. Can't really fault it. The price is fairly cheap, it is durable and it has a great sound if you are looking for a kind of black sabbath/ electric wizard sound. Would recommend to anyone looking for a decent a pedal of this type.

August MB300 Portable MP3 Stereo System with FM, Alarm Clock, Radio and Card Reader
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Only takes 4gb SD cards, 13 Aug. 2014
I purchased this item a couple months ago to put under the head of my sun lounger for a bit of music. When it arrived I was literally shocked at how much you get for your money. It has a great sound, looks good, the charge lasts for quite a while and it is very portable.

Then came the downside. It would play about 30 mp3s in and then either make a horrible noise or jump back to the start. I was ready to send it back for a refund. However upon checking the documentation I noticed that it only takes a maximum of 4 GB sized SD cards. So this is what was causing the problem. I have noticed a couple of other reviews which state the same problem.

I think it would be a good idea to update the description to point this out, to save people the trouble of working it out for themselves or thinking that they have a defective product, but still an excellent mp3 player. Radio is quite good too but you will need good reception to get a variety of stations. I can get radio 3 with no problems which is all I really wanted to get anyway.

The only downside of it is that it is slow to navigate between mp3s when you have 600 or so on there, but for the price this is a steal.

100 Ideas for Supporting Pupils with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (Continuum One Hundreds)
by Roy Howarth

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent overview, 21 Jun. 2014
For those working in an SEBD classroom, this is a useful overview. The sort of thing you can read a couple of pages of whilst commuting to work in the morning.
This is a purely practical guide that deals with regularly occurring classroom behaviours etc. This book does not include much in the way of theory, so if you are looking for something to quote for your PGCE essays, this might not be what you are looking for, but if you would like a purely practical easy reading book that has much sound advice for those working with SEBD youngsters then this is a pretty good bet.

Guilty Gadgets - Dual Arm Two Double Reading Light LED Lamp Clip On For Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Nook, eReader
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid., 15 May 2014
Very poor quality gear.
No way to power it from USB, no power adaptor supplied with it. Had I known it was only possible to power it from AAA batteries I would not have purchased it.
Upon placing 3 AAA batteries in it, the battery cover promptly snapped upon closing so that it now requires to be held together with gaffer tape.
Avoid this one. Do not purchase it. (The seller was receptive to communication and reasonable to deal with but the product is abysmal.)

Johnsons Cat Flea Shampoo 200ml
Johnsons Cat Flea Shampoo 200ml
Offered by Hot UK Stuff

2.0 out of 5 stars A review in two halves, 19 Feb. 2014
I have noticed a strange trend on this page to write reviews of how the reviewer's cat reacts to being bathed, rather than just the product itself, so as this seems to be what is required I shall divide my review into two sections, one for the effectiveness of the product and one for how my 4 cats react to being bathed, in case anyone else feels that is relevant to their purchasing decision.

Firstly, the product itself is fairly ineffective. I left it on the individual cats for a little while and thoroughly worked it into their fur. It may have thinned the fleas out a little as evidenced by a few that were in the water post bathing but it is a largely ineffective product. I have used it on them repeatedly and it doesn't really budge the fleas en masse like you would want from a product like this. So if you want to make a half hearted attack on the cat's fleas and appease your conscience that you only killed a few of them and let most of them live, then this is the product for you.

Now for that vital information on my cats.
Having introduced my cats to the idea of being bathed in the bath from a very early point in their development they regard it as a normal part of their life, albeit perhaps not their preferred activity.
Walt is extremely amenable to baths and tends to stand still whilst the shampoo is applied. He has a generally mellow disposition.
Pat cannot decide if she likes being bathed or not and exhibits an unusual mixture of purring and meowing. However she expresses relief when removed from the bath.
The remaining two cats are about equally disposed towards bathing, gummy and seven both express some anxiety towards bathing but over all are not too much of a problem for the aforementioned reason of having been bathed since an early age. They are all very happy to dry off on a hot water bottle wrapped in towels afterwards.

I hope the vital information about how my cats react the bath is valuable in your decision regarding this so-so product.
I am looking into alternatives and would not purchase this again.

Spell Candles Blue x 12 10cm Tall
Spell Candles Blue x 12 10cm Tall
Offered by Gifts__Galore

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Spell Candles Blue x 12 10cm Tall
I picked up a selection of different colours of these to stock up on supplies as I get through quite a lot of coloured candles.

I have to say these candles are poor. The price is good, but the colours are all murky and not as pictured. If you are looking for a vibrant blue for Jupiter or a warm green for Venus or a decent purple for Luna, look elsewhere. These are not particularly suitable for their obvious stated purpose; try a different brand imo. There are some varieties of work that require murky greyish colours and if you are looking for something that specific then you will be pleased, otherwise I cannot recommend these.

If however you are simply looking for some candles to burn for no particular reason, they will ignite etc and cast light like any other.

Conrad EF-881 Dehumidifier
Conrad EF-881 Dehumidifier
Offered by eGadgetland

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last 12 months, 22 Dec. 2013
I am noticing a trend with the dehumidifiers that I purchase, that they seem to last about 12 months maximum. This dehumidifier did not buck that trend.
All was fine for a little while, the water accumulator regularly needed emptying, it was clearly doing it's job. Then about 9 months after purchase it started to intermittently make hideous screeching noises which terrified my cat and weren't too relaxing for my ears either. Less than 12 months in and it has completely packed in.
Yes, it worked for a bit, but I must deem this shoddy merchandise and not value for money at under a years use and there was nothing exceptional about the use I put it to - dehumidifying a small room.
I would invest in a more expensive one, but what's the point if this is the bar for dehumidifiers? I shall just farm mould instead and try to derive some solace from that :(

Ars Speculum
Ars Speculum
by Gary St Michael Nottingham

5.0 out of 5 stars The book you have been waiting for., 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Ars Speculum (Paperback)
Well, it was with great interest that I noticed a new book from this excellent author; I had previously purchased a copy of their 'liber noctis' from famous occult book store Atlantis, in London, and I found 'liber noctis' to be an excellent tome filled with useful practical information and absolutely zero wishy washy new age content. So as soon as I saw this book had been published I purchased a copy and it did not disappoint.
This is the book on scrying that you have been waiting for. All of the practical information that is only partially given in other inferior books in one excellent volume. This is a slim book, but that is because the author wisely doesn't pad it out with 10 chapters of filler to achieve a given page count. What you get here is a working system stripped back to what you actually need, all in one book.
Also folks, remember this is a strictly limited edition, so get in whilst there are still copies available; it is sure to become sought after in the future when this author becomes better known in the wider world.
10 out of 10.