ARRAY(0xa61361a4)

Profile for Wonky > Reviews

Content by Wonky

Wonky

Page: 1 | 2
Invicta Men's Speedway Chronograph 9223 Silver Stainless-Steel Quartz Watch with Black Dial
Offered by TforTime

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 8 Feb 2014
Bought as a present for the old man. He said it seems very good quality and was well packaged in a way that seemed expensive. The mech is Japanese, which is no bad thing. There seems to be a misconception that a Japanese movement is a negative, but recently a few of the great swiss watch makers have stated that the best watch movement in the world is made in Japan (it's a top end seiko). Not the one in this watch of course, but it really makes you think. I've had swiss movements that were great and some that were rubbish. More of my Japanese movement watches have been good than swiss.
Anyway, the old guy's really happy with the quality of the watch and the price was really good for me.
Win win

Kingston Technology 64GB Class 10 Micro SDXC Flash Card
Kingston Technology 64GB Class 10 Micro SDXC Flash Card
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 8 Feb 2014
Now you have to be careful with memory as there's a lot of fakes around. This however is the real deal. 64gb for a bargain price and it's the fast stuff too.

Sony Xperia Z1 Case Black Neoprene Pouch Cover With Caseflex Logo
Sony Xperia Z1 Case Black Neoprene Pouch Cover With Caseflex Logo
Offered by PJA Distribution Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Feb 2014
Well made product at a good price. Fabric feels nice and should give some protection to the phone. Marked down to four star due to the fit width ways could have been a little tighter, but acceptable.

Bjorn Borg Long Shorts, Masks Without Fly Men's Boxers Hollyhock Medium
Bjorn Borg Long Shorts, Masks Without Fly Men's Boxers Hollyhock Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous pants, 8 Feb 2014
Fit is excellent. Quality is top notch. The long leg is absolutely brilliant and makes them seem very natural with no leg ride up what so ever. Love them

Bjorn Borg Short Shorts, Wild Thing, Box Without Fly Men's Boxers Classic Blue Medium
Offered by Base

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 8 Feb 2014
Ordered medium. I'm a 33 to 34 and they fit good. Quality great as expected. Legs a little shorter than expected though, judging by the picture.

Patuoxun® Black Desktop Charging Dock Station Cradle For Sony Xperia Z1 L39h
Patuoxun® Black Desktop Charging Dock Station Cradle For Sony Xperia Z1 L39h
Offered by Patox

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked for two weeks, 8 Feb 2014
Seemed like a pretty good deal at half the price of the sony magnetic charger. Found it worked ok to start with apart from lifting the screen protector at the corner due to the full width design. I could live with this though. The real problem is that it only lasted a week before failing completely. I've put a multimeter across the poles and there's nothing coming out. It only cost a tenner, so won't be returning it, not worth the hassle really, but wouldn't advise buying it. Gonna place an order for the genuine sony charger, which quite honestly should have come with the phone to start with. Nice to see a big corporate milking it's consumer.

Sloggi Cobalt Flash Short With Fly Men's Briefs Grey Combination Size 34
Sloggi Cobalt Flash Short With Fly Men's Briefs Grey Combination Size 34
Offered by SockShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Sloggi are the best, 31 Jan 2014
Sloggi make great pants and these are no exception. The fit is great and the material is very smooth and comfortable.

Toshiba Excite Pro 10.1-inch Tablet (NVIDIA Tegra 4 1.6GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Android 4.2)
Offered by 'Micro-INN'

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great tablet, 31 Jan 2014
I read all the reviews before I bought this. I read all the stuff about it running hot and I also read reviews saying that it wasn't as good as the nexus 10. So before I go any further lets just address these things that people have said.
The running hot thing is something that any high powered processor tends to do under load. My i7 sony laptop get really hot under load. As does my Sony Z1 smart phone. As does the nexus 7. As does the Excite Pro. But even under very high load it's performed really well, never seen any slowing down or any glitches for that matter. It's powerful, it's gonna get hot. Not a problem.
The reviews you read when searching on google were all done with the tablet at full price. This isn't being sold at full price, so the competition that does the same thing for less, suddenly doesn't do it for cheaper. In fact it's a serious player.
So, back to what I think of it.
It's really, really good. In fact I haven't found anything about it that doesn't impress me. I own a number of really top end pieces of tech and this is now one of them.
The screen is amazing, bright colours, high resolution and very smooth. The sound is great too. I've put a 64gb micro sd card in so storage isn't a problem. The sound through headphones is excellent. It plays films brilliantly. The miracast works great.
I find that after 4 to 5 hours of straight use the battery gets down to about 50%. Some people view it having a proprietary charger as a problem, but I don't see an issue with this. My laptop has it's own charger. And at least it frees up the usb chargers for the many smartphones in the house.
Honestly, if you're thinking about it, don't think. Just buy it. You won't be disappointed.

The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Steven Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Steven Wilson album so far, 9 April 2013
I've loved everything that the porcupine tree have done. Now while I've enjoyed his previous two solo offerings, but never as much as his work with the Porcupine tree. But this album is amazing. As good or better than anything he's done before. Just love this album and when it's on, I never want it to end. And this is the bluray version with stunning audio quality and it's mixed so well. The DTS HD Master 5.1 is just beautiful, so long as your hifi's up to it. A great demonstration of what can be done with audio.
So a great purchase. Get it, you won't regret it.

Berghaus Men's Tarazed Gore-tex Hiking Boot
Berghaus Men's Tarazed Gore-tex Hiking Boot

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good I'm afraid, 7 Feb 2013
I'm an avid outdoor person and walk miles in all sorts of weather. I spend lots of money on kit and always buy quality kit. I have loads of various Berghaus stuff like a gore tex jacket, trousers, hats, gloves and even other footwear, all of which is bloody great and some of which I've had a long time too and still going strong.
These however have been a disappointment. Things started well, as they looked good and fitted well. They were also very stiff and took a bit of breaking in, which is usually a good sign in walking boots, cos it usually means they're gonna last ages. They've been waterproof through some really long walks and some terrible weather. I was very happen with them until after 4 months one of the lace eyes came off. The rivit just broke off. They didn't get caught on anything and it wasn't even a very taxing walk. In fact it happened putting my dogs in the car before the walk! So they went back and were repaired under warranty. I was glad to get them back and off we went again, until another rivit came out of another eye. Disappointing. Then on further inspection I noticed that on both boots the D ring eyes at the bottom were almost worn through! How could this be? It's never happened on any other walking boot I've had before and believe me I've had bloody loads over the years.
It's worth mentioning as well that after the first eye came off I contacted Berghaus customer care and to be honest they weren't interested.
I've decided not to send them back this time, even though they're still under a year old. Don't think I'll be buying Berghaus boots again unfortunately. Oh well.

Page: 1 | 2