Profile for Wonky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
St Aubin Agricole Spiced Rum 50 cl
St Aubin Agricole Spiced Rum 50 cl

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad at all, 15 May 2016
This rum has a very strong taste of honey to it. It's not bad at all, but it does taste very strongly of honey.

Spiller & Tait Signature Blend - Coffee Beans 1kg Bag - Award Winning - Top Speciality Coffee Roasted in the UK - Espresso Blend Suitable for All Coffee Machines - Premium Arabica Beans
Offered by S & T Wholesale

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch coffee beans and top notch service too., 14 Feb. 2016
This is a real top notch coffee bean. I'm going to assume that if you're buying beans and your grinding your own then you know a thing or two about great coffee. Obviously taste is a personal thing, but to my pallet these beans make a really lovely cup. I'm really impressed, so impressed in fact I've just ordered some more spiller and tait coffee. This time I'm going to try the rich italian, but it's honestly hard to imagine it being better than the signature blend. Something else about this company that's impressive, other than the products, is the customer service. I've received a number of emails from them checking that the product is satisfactory and giving advice on making the perfect coffee. Very impressive and a great way to run a company. Top marks all round.

Rhum JM Agricole Gold Rum 70 cl
Rhum JM Agricole Gold Rum 70 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars Apples, 31 Jan. 2016
Simply put this rum tastes like cider lolly's from the ice cream van when you were a kid. It's a bit like Appleton rum, but a little more cider lolly and less apple squash. Very nice to mix with other things for a long drink with the added bonus of being pretty strong too. Nice

Graef CM 800 - coffee grinder - aluminium
Graef CM 800 - coffee grinder - aluminium
Offered by naturwaren-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab grinder, 12 Jan. 2016
I spent ages researching the coffee grinder I was going to buy. There's a crazy amount written about coffee grinders on web sites and coffee forums. Most tell you to spend £300 on a grinder (coffee snobs). So what made me decide on the Graef? There was some good things said about it on some European sites, but also I have a meat slicer made by Graef and I've never been so impressed with a piece of kitchen equipment before. Built like a tank and is just so well designed, perfect for the job it's made for. Also there was very little chance of me spending more that £200 on a grinder, so I went with a brand I already knew made quality stuff.
Turns out I was right. The Graef is a lovely piece of kit. The biggest thing about a grinder is whether it can grind fine enough for an espresso machine and this most definitely can with room to spare. Easily fine enough and then some. The built quality is just great and that switch is really industrial feeling. The burrs are nicely cut and hardened. Out of interest, even though the seller is from Germany, the grinder had a British plug fitted.
I think this will last for many years and I'm very happy with the job it does. Just go for it, you won't regret it.

Mio Link Continous Heart Rate Wrist Band Works with Fitness App for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C - Slate, Small/Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great device!, 3 Oct. 2015
I bought the Mio Link for running. It was easy to set up and I can confirm that it works faultlessly and accurately. I've done a few 10k runs with it on and all is well. I'm using it connected to my Sony Z1 running Endomondo. Just a note for anyone wondering about this that you can use blue tooth headphones at the same time with out any problems at all. Also I'd like to say that I find that the Link doesn't move about when I'm running and after a minute you forget you've got it on. The charging system is also well thought out being very similar to the Sony Z series magnetic charger. Simply works well and the battery seems to last for ages on it too.
It's just so much better than a chest strap in the comfort stakes and I'd say that it's well worth the extra money over any chest monitor for that reason alone.

Wireless Headphones, Jabees® BSport Bluetooth V4.1 Sweatproof Sports Headsets, In Ear Earbuds with Removable Earhook, Secure Fit Earphones with Microphone, Universal Compatibility, for Running Gym Goer (Black)
Offered by Jabees Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, with a small adjustment, 29 Aug. 2015
Never had a pair of bluetooth in ears before, but needed them for running and these came up on a lightning deal for £20, so I took the plunge.
The box looks quality, as do the earphones themselves. Paired easily with my sony Z1 using the near field. Felt fine on my ears, but I've found that even the small silicon tips don't stay put in my ears, which is something I've found with every in ear I've ever used with out changing the tips for memory foam. Why manufacturers don't supply small enough tips is a mistery to me. I've got big ears but small ear holes! My wife has got small ears and small ear holes. So even with the small silicon tips these don't stay in for either of us. However, that all changes with a desent pair of memory foam tips (as with every other inear I've tried). Despite not sealing properly for me with the silicone tips they're never in danger of falling off. They fell rock solid on the ear even through flat out sprinting, so don't worry about that.
The sound is good. Whilst not being up to audiophile scrutiny ((I am one)What do you expect for a bluetooth) they're easily good enough for running. They are bass heavy. The treble and the middle are there, but the bass clouds them slightly. These enough detail though to know exactly whats going on. I always listen to drum and bass for running (despite loving Prog normally), so the overall sound is great. I've used spotify and stuff stored on my phone too and both sound fine. The volume available is great. Plenty loud enough and the isolation is really good too. Can't here any cars or anything whilst running (so you've got to use your eyes).
I would buy again and order some memory foam tips to go with them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2015 5:33 AM BST

Heavy Duty Black Waterproof Car Seat Covers - Front Pair - Universal Fit (Airbag Friendly)
Offered by carseatcover-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 9 Aug. 2015
Really good quality seat covers that fit my Honda Jazz well. Easy to put on too. Been on about a month now and I can honestly say that they look like they'll probably outlast the car, which is saying something for a Japanese car!

Trixie Natura Flat Roof Dog Kennel, Medium, 85  58  60 cm
Trixie Natura Flat Roof Dog Kennel, Medium, 85 58 60 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars ... to say is it's really well made and looks like a quality item that would probably last years, 9 Aug. 2015
First thing to say is it's really well made and looks like a quality item that would probably last years. It's also easy to put together with easy clear instructions and even a has all the screws laid out on a cardboard tab to make things easier.
The only problem is that the sizing is way off. It says boarder collie on the description and I have three of these. They're all different sizes, but none of them would fit in this. It's a shame as it is a quality item, but there you go.
Luckily a relative has two much smaller terrier types that will now have a new kennel, so no need to send it back.
Just beware that the sizing is off. But if you have a smaller breed this could be for you.

Aigle Unisex-Adult Parcours 2 Vario Outlast Wellington Boots Bronze 7 UK
Aigle Unisex-Adult Parcours 2 Vario Outlast Wellington Boots Bronze 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great walking boot replacement for the winter dog walking., 26 July 2015
Every year I buy a new pair of walking boots ready for winter dog walking. They are always Gore-tex and they are always leaking by the end of winter if not before. Bearing in mind that I only walk 2-3 miles a day, it's not very good. Used to do many more miles, but not so much these days. I also live in Wales and it rains pretty much all winter and most of the summer. So I started using wellies, but cheap wellies are not nice to walk in, so I thought i needed something like hunting boots. There's loads of different types of hunting boots, but it's basically neoprene or rubber or a combination. I wanted rubber boots.
I did loads of research and for me it basically came down to two makes, Aigle or Le Chameau. They're both high quality and get good reviews but they're both pretty expensive for wellies, but I guess you get what you pay for. They had to have good grippy soles too, like walking boots. Obviously decided on these, although the Le Chameau with the vibram soles looked good as well.
They look very high quality the moment you open the box. The sizing was spot on, I'm a uk size 7 and Euro 41 is spot on. They're fairly light for such big boots and the rubber feels very different to other wellie boots I've had before. More flexible and supple. The outlast material feels lovely inside, sort of like a cross between fleece and fuzzy felt. It's all over the inside of the boot except at the heel where they've used a soft, smooth rubber for strength I assume. In someone else's review they said that the boot feels like a slipper to wear and I'd have to agree. Must be due to the softness and really good fit, but they feel very comfortable on. The sole is not like the mega stiff kind of walking boot variety, but more like the trainer walking boot type. I like both, but I'm sure loads of others like one or the other. You can feel big stones under foot, but this can sometimes be a good thing, especially for night time walks.
I must admit that I wasn't sure how grippy the sole would be in the mud on first view. I felt that there wasn't enough sharp bits on the tread to work well, but I need not have worried. On one of my regular walks there's a steep, muddy slope that I have to walk side ways across. A cheaper wellie I tried had ladder type grips on the sole and was dangerous on this slope, giving no sideways grip at all. These boots however gripped like nothing else. Better than the last two pairs of walking boots really which is a real surprise to me. The other thing is they seemed to grip very well on slippery rocks too. Some of my walking boots do and some don't, but these were good.
I've tried them almost to the top in a stream and my feet were bone dry as you'd expect, even after a good few minutes in there.
The one thing I can't comment on yet is how well they'll last. The quality inspirers confidence though. The softness of the rubber makes me a little apprehensive. Time will tell, but I doubt they'll do any worse than the many gore-tex walking boots I've had (must of had about 20 pairs over the years((and yes I do know how to look after them, washing, drying and treating all of which makes no difference)). These have all cost between £100 and £200, so this makes these a steal.
One last thing is the price. I paid £83 from Amazon for these. They're on the manufacturers website for £175. So although it's a lot of cash to part with for wellies (but not walking boots), it's still an absolute bargain.

XADO Revitalizant EX120 for automatic transmissions XA 10031
XADO Revitalizant EX120 for automatic transmissions XA 10031

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal!, 7 July 2015
I've got a 06 Honda Jazz with a CVT gearbox. I've bought the car at a year old with 6000 miles on the clock and it now has 86000 on it. I've changed the oil in the CVT box every year I've owned the car. This is not something that the manufacturer has recommended, but something I have done to keep the box in tip top condition. The biggest enemy my Jazz has is my wife's driving. She thrashes the life out of it every time she gets in it. It's not on purpose, it's just how she drives. This driving style doesn't agree with a CVT gearbox and hence it had developed a slight thrump type vibration when pulling a away on a hill. It's a fairly common complaint on these cars. After reading on a Honda Jazz forum online about this additive I thought it might be worth a shot, although I was also a little sceptical.
I added the stuff to the gearbox oil and took it for a drive. Almost straight away the car was a little smoother. But after a couple of 8 mile journeys I can confirm that the thrump vibration has completely gone. I do mean completely too. Nothing at all! The box is very smooth indeed.
So for me this stuff is the real deal. If you have Jazz with a CVT box in it, you need this stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3