Profile for Book Junky > Reviews

Content by Book Junky

Book Junky

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fever (Blood Moon Rising Book 1)
Fever (Blood Moon Rising Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Eh!!!!!, 1 Aug 2014
Don't understand the great reviews. I Gave up two thirds of the way through, It was Rushed & had Instant love, which baffles me if I was honest as they didn't know anything about each other. The sex seemed Crude due to the fact they didn't know one another,So hence there simply wasn't any chemistry. Won't be getting the next one even if it's free. Sorry not for me

Out of the Dark (Forbidden Love Book 1)
Out of the Dark (Forbidden Love Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of the dark, 11 Jun 2014
I'm a little unsure why this has been so highly recommended. I personally found the writing to be immature and the sentences were to short & choppy. Reminding me of two neighbours over the fence. "She said ,he said, they all said."
I found Brea our heroine to be annoying. I believe the Author was trying to make her come across as Sharp & Ballsy. That was not the case She was Cold & behaved like a spoilt brat. As for Angel the hero, he was such a wimp allowing Brea to talk to him like a petulant child & then accepting everything she threw at him. Maybe it's me as I tend to like my hero's 100% Alpha male. All in all this was not for me & I won't be getting the next one in the series.

First Bite (The Dark Wolf Series)
First Bite (The Dark Wolf Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars First taste, 17 Oct 2013
This was my first taste of Dani Harper's work and I'd have to say I really enjoyed it. No it wasn't the best I've ever read but it most certainly wasn't the worst. Will I be reading the next book? Simply yes. It had enough going on that I'd like to know where it's heading and if the Author wrote this in the middle of a move then I imagine the next book will be even better. A definite thumbs up & a well deserved three & a half stars.

The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords Book 1)
The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Same "Ole", 26 Aug 2013
It wasn't bad but neither was it good. Just the same old tried & tested formula. Man meets Women, one wants the other more at first, then comes the half of a book of each other's insecurities & a lame plot so it seems to be more to it than that there really is. With heaps of the most passionate sex & a zillion climaxes which had never been achieved prior to them meeting one another. Finally it ends on a declaration of eternal love & to add to the intensity,their lives are prolonged for, well forever. The reader is so touched,sheds a tear & wishes "If Only". Unfortunately the only tears I shed are after being Sick & accepting the fact I've been dumb enough to waste my hard earned money again. Sorry not for me.

Born to Darkness Book 1 in the Immortal Destiny Series: Vampire Romance Paranormal

1.0 out of 5 stars Honest review, 22 Aug 2013
When I read the reviews for a book I presume that the majority of said reviews are an indication of how good or bad that story is likely to be. I also take in to account that we're all different & not everyone's tastes are going to be the same but a good plot & character development are pretty essential in anyone's book,lol. So when I read a book that's lacking in every aspect,especially after reading rave reviews Disappointment is an understatement. I hope that when I give my opinion,that it's honest & fair (even if its not always favourable) & allows the reader some idea what the Story is like. Well as you can tell this did not match up to any of the reviews nor did it reach any of my expectations. Simply a Waste of time and a waste of money.

Beauty and the Bastard
Beauty and the Bastard

1.0 out of 5 stars Dismal, 14 Aug 2013
Unfortunately There's nothing left for me to say about this story As the title says it all. It was simply Dismal.

Damon (The Protectors Series) Book #1
Damon (The Protectors Series) Book #1

3.0 out of 5 stars Only fair, 27 July 2013
It's only fair that I give this 3 stars, as even though this was not for me,there will be many readers that will like this book. It follows the usual PNR style,with the inevitable conclusions & the HEA, however not without the trials and tribulations to come first. I Don't mind the premise but I'm finding a lot of PNR stories lacking in substance & unfortunately I found Damon equally lacking. If your looking for something to read that's light and easy on the senses then this is fine but if you,like me,want something a little bit harder going,with multiple layers then maybe this isn't for you.

Shattered Into Beautiful (A Surviving Soul Novel Book 1)
Shattered Into Beautiful (A Surviving Soul Novel Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Surprise, 13 July 2013
This Was was such a nice surprise & I enjoyed it immensely. Very Well constructed & So vivid in her descriptions that my imagination didn't need to work that hard as the Author did all the work for me. With some well developed characters & a plot to match I sailed through the pages with ease. I liked the heroine & hero alike plus the secondary characters were equally impressive. Yes if I had to, then I could find flaws but I choose not to be pedantic as they are to minor to mention. Mel Ballew certainly did her homework when it came to the history & the practice of witchcraft,making this an interesting & enjoyable read. I am very much looking forward to reading the next one in the series,which I hope will not be too far into the future. A Beautiful love story & concept, I would very much recommend this to anyone who appreciates a Really Good Story. On One final note I'd Also like to commend the Author tor adding the warning & the information on domestic violence at the back of the book.

Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice Series Book 1)
Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wink,wink, 2 July 2013
I hate to give a negative review but I have to be fair & honest & state that this came across more like a long essay rather than a novel. I Agree with another review that Harlow the heroine was just not likeable & the hero was equally annoying. From her bubbly personality & easy acceptance of everything, to his over played chivalry, I mean come on he's a vampire for Pete's sake & seriously what's with all the winking.
It also came across that everyone that met her was in Awe at her inner & physical beauty while I personally Just wanted to be sick on my kindle. I really do Wish I had something positive to say about Birth of the Nyxian but if I did then that would be a lie, So I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't recommend this book

The Wallflower (Halle Puma)
The Wallflower (Halle Puma)

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick bite, 28 Jun 2013
If your looking for something to keep you going till your next book this will serve a purpose. As long as your Ok with Instant love which I have to be honest & say I find it a bit Sickly most of the time, but all said & done I don't think this was meant to be more than what is was. Short sweet & straight to the point.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3