Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

Content by Rebecca

Rebecca (England)

KAVAJ leather case "London" for the Apple iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 (Retina Display) and iPad mini cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature including stylus
Offered by KAVAJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 11 May 2014
At first I thought this was a lovely case, but now having owned it for 6 months it is starting to fall apart. It has not been treated roughly, one kind owner....
So, of you want my advice buy a cheaper case that you will not worry about replacing 6 months later. Lidls do some nice ones for about £5.00.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 12:16 PM BST

Sealed with a Kiss
Sealed with a Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing read, 5 April 2013
Just what I needed. I had a heavy cold, feeling sorry for myself etc. this book was just what I was looking for. It ain't literary fiction - but then it doesn't pretend to be. A heart warming and feel good story - with some lovely characters. Great if you need cheering up - or just want some escapism, and to be honest isn't that the whole point of a good yarn?

How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing
How to Write a Lot: A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing
by Paul J. Silva

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped Me, 26 Nov 2012
I was struggling with academic writing, finishing a paper and putting together a research proposal. I agree this book does put forward a very simple message, however it is done in an extremely motivating way. Helped me when I was stuck, I would recommend this alongside Howard Becker's 'writing for social scientists.'

Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Trackpad

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement no problem, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Apple Magic Trackpad (Accessory)
My Apple Magic Trackpad packed up for some reason- I have no idea why. I had been very happy with the product. I emailed the seller about the problem and Trackpad was replaced before the week was out. Excellent customer service.

Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD]
Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars Torture, 24 Feb 2012
I am used to doing between 45-60 minutes of cardio 4 or 5 times a week - and thought I was reasonably fit- wrong! This work out is tough and there is no let up, very good if you have got comfortable with your current work out and need to be stretched. Not sure how I would have fared if I were new to exercise with this one.....
Personally I find Jillian motivating and positive and you really do feel that you are part of a class. I now use this work out twice a week alongside the gym and running, as I feel it adds another dimension to what I am doing.

Fight Fat After Forty: How to stop being a stress eater and lose weight fast
Fight Fat After Forty: How to stop being a stress eater and lose weight fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Programme for life, 23 Feb 2012
I strongly identified with this book. Having reached my early 40s I have been struggling to loose a few pounds that 10 years ago would have 'fallen' off of me. I recognised aspects of my behaviour - such as eating very little in the middle of the day and then pigging out in the late afternoons/evenings. Yes, you will have to make an effort if you want to change, but this is a good change and will benefit your health. I have been following the suggestions in this book for only a couple of weeks now and already a couple of stubborn pounds have shifted, I am not retaining fluid (probably the couple of pounds) and I feel much better. Don't waste your time dieting or paying those diet club fees, this book will make you reconsider you whole approach to nutrition and is well worth a look. The only thing this book needs adding to it is a section for night shift workers.

London Calling (An Inspector Carlyle Novel Book 1)
London Calling (An Inspector Carlyle Novel Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all it promises, 29 Jun 2011
Not for me. Being a hugh fan of crime fiction and having read extensively in this genre and just completed the Wallander novels I thought I would give this author a go. I was hoping that the main character would pull me into the plot - however he didn't. I am not easily upset - but I found the the level of violence and sexual activity described so graphically within this book distracted me from any empathy that I might form with the main characters. This is a shame as I feel that Inspector Carlyle has potential - and obviously many other people have enjoyed this book. I agree with a previous reviewer who identified that it might be useful to warn readers regarding the level of violence described in this text.

Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series)
Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series)
by Andy Field

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for all levels, 9 Oct 2007
Fantastic book - I am absolutely rubbish at maths having failed my 'O' level many moons ago. However with Andy Field's help I have managed to get through some stats work at post grad level. He uses the simple but brilliant teaching technique of explaining an area and then recaping when needed so you never lose the thread - this is important because I think many who find maths difficult find this a problem (I know I do).

This is not just an idiots guide to SPSS and Stats he does go into some frigheningly detailed and complex stuff - but he has cleverly labelled the sections of the text so that you know what you are getting into, and can shut your eyes if this is a problem. Therefore I would thorougly recommend this book to anyone needing to use SPSS and stats; beginner and confident user alike.

This book will also help enormously if you are undertaking the OU DT840.

Survey Research
Survey Research
by Roger Sapsford

1.0 out of 5 stars Sapsford - don't waste your time, 8 Oct 2007
This review is from: Survey Research (Paperback)
I used this book for the OU course DT840 and I have to say that the OU have used very poor judgement in adopting this text. It is very confusing - mainly due to the very poor way in which it is written - however you have no choice but to buy it. The OU really need to review the use of this text as they are not doing students any favours. However if you want to be rescued buy the Field book - SPSS made easy - Andy Field is a brilliant teacher and this book will help you greatly with this course and any other that involves stats!