Profile for Rui Garrido Lda > Reviews

Content by Rui Garrido Lda

Rui Garrido Lda "Ruka" (Portugal)

Man And Myth [VINYL]
Man And Myth [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars THE HORNS OF WISDOM!, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Man And Myth [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Jeez!!!... 5 STARS, of course! This is a COME BACK!!! (Very curious about David Crosby come back, as well... CROZ will be released at the end of January, 2014...).

Sleeper
Sleeper
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn... This is good!, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sleeper (Audio CD)
I'm very suspicious with all the hype related to new records, and mainly, related to new artists... I commonly listen to stuff that critics "sell" as the Next Big Thing that I consider nothing but crap... This guy is special... All the record have a kind of "Barrettiesque" feeling. The songs are honest, mainly acoustic and very laid-back, away from big studio productions and very different from his FUZZ project. In my opinion this record will stand among others. Easily one of the best of the year along with the ones like Matthew E. White, Bill Callahan, Roy Harper, Dead Meadow, Foxygen, The Flaming Lips, Nick Cave, The Savages and Cage The Elephant, just to name a few... If you like honest and simple music with a little of weird/ psych/ low-fi americana this will be your stuff...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 2:11 PM GMT

Dream River
Dream River

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally..., 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dream River (Audio CD)
Totally agree with Dave Gilmour's Cat review. Bill's like Port Wine - he gets even better with the age... No big difference from his older works, indeed... Maybe a even more mature sound and arrangements with some psych guitar moments on "Summer Painter". Of course I'm already addicted to Dream River and of course I already know this will be one of the best records of the year... Oh yes, and there's "Javelin Unlanding" an instant classic in the BC's tradition, with a magical wandering flute and guitar arrangements, that could make team along, with songs like "In the Pines", "Diamond Dancer", "Rock Bottom Riser", "Real Live Dress" or "Cold Blooded Old Times", just to name a few... A must have! (my friends know I don't give 5 stars to an album so easily...)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2013 8:42 PM BST

Psychedelic Pill
Psychedelic Pill

4.0 out of 5 stars The name of this guy should be NEW YOUNG, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Psychedelic Pill (Audio CD)
Here it is my man Neil again, blasting all in two!!! A great record in Ragged Glory, Weld and Greendale way. No dull moments here. My fav track's maybe Walk Like a Giant -- Pretty rough with an hell of a guitar drive. His voice stills awesome and the band seems not to age.
Truly recommended for those who appreciate his more electric side. This is fresh rock!

Love Interruption / Machine Gun Silhouette [7'' Vinyl]
Love Interruption / Machine Gun Silhouette [7'' Vinyl]
Offered by actionrecords

4.0 out of 5 stars Same boy you've always known, 16 Feb. 2012
Jack's back with a fantastic acoustic Zepellinesque approach song. It's an instant classic with great arrangements and an electric piano riff that will grab you by the balls... Can't wait for the rest of the album. "Same boy you've always known" is back!
RØØK

Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin II

5.0 out of 5 stars THE STRANGE STOMACH FEELING CONTINUES..., 20 July 2009
This review is from: Led Zeppelin II (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Led II I felt a strange feeling in my stomach as I listen to the first whole lotta love riffs. It was some 26 years ago and I should be around my 13-15 years old. I guess I could say that I didn't listen to it during the time it was a real blast, as I came to life, in the same year this record hit the stores! During the following years I had three different vinyl copies of this album (the first one had no sound anymore, just scratches, due to the countless times I play it!). Of course I finally got my remastered CD copy some years ago, and of course it's not the same. Anyway, that version, is already running on my Ipod and that odd stomach feeling goes on everytime I play it!...
I must have something like 4.000 records and I can say, that after all these years, LED ZEPPELIN II is in my top ten... so I guess this record is an all time monster and one of the best ever!

Hope you're belly will burn too...

RØØK
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2010 1:59 PM BST