Profile for Bruce Anglais > Reviews

SWANN SWADS-455CAM-US SwannEye HD Plug & Play Wi-Fi Security Camera
Offered by 1st League EU
Price: 145.90

4.0 out of 5 stars wifi wasn't too simple, 30 May 2014
Swanneye have a very good reputation and this 32ft night vision camera with wifi enabled does the job well. It just took a bit longer than expected to set up the wifi.

The plug and play is an excellent product and smartphone app, camera was up in minutes. I did expect the wifi to be automatic but for some reason it wasn't as simple as the rest of the set up. The free technical support was useful and when I contacted them they requested I get the internet service provider (ISP) login/ password first before it could be configured. I phoned my provider who gave me a typical generic login in but that didn't work for the swanneye technician. I phoned the (internet service provider.g Sky/ BT) ISP again and they said it's not advisable to open the router because of risk of hacking and legally they could not give me the technical passwords! Therefore the swanneye technicians request for ISP login and passwords was at odds with the provider themselves. Anyway, being pleased with the camera I bought an ethernet cable and just as I was about to plug it all in without touching anything I was surprised when the camera's wifi worked! Sorry this is so long but it does give a flavour of the time and effort spent in sorting it out. Anyway, great CCTV, very happy with it.

1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater with Thermostatic Control
1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater with Thermostatic Control
Offered by Elex
Price: 29.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent heater, 24 Jan 2014
I bought this for my teenage son as it sometimes gets cold when the heating is off . It is very safe, economical and heats up the room very well.

4GB MP3 USB Digital Voice Recorder UltraDisk DVR7 - FM Radio / MP3 Player - Voice Activated - Telephone Recording - High Quality Portable Audio Recording Ideal for Education & Training.
Offered by UKET
Price: 34.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good- avoid if recording important material, 24 Jan 2014
I bought the product but when I used it to record it didn't work. Next time I'll buy an Olympus as they are fool proof

Consequences of Disobedience (Album)
Consequences of Disobedience (Album)
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Finnish band, 24 Dec 2013
Excellent band if you like a mixture of techno, heavy metal and rap with a female vocalist. 'My Law' is the strongest song on the album and I love it. Apparently they only made 3 albums with this one being the heaviest but for me the best and split. There are flavours of SOAD, Rammstein who I love so good album for your collection.

Village of the Damned / Children of the Damned [DVD] [2006]
Village of the Damned / Children of the Damned [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Charlotte Mitchell
Price: 15.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see for the over 40's, 8 April 2009
I recently bought the DVD as I was having one of those nostalgic moments. I had seen the Village of the Damned when I was about thirteen and it had a lasting impression on me. Viewing the first film again was like stepping back in time but through the eyes of a 46 y.o. I was pleasantly surprised and captivated again. Filmed in black and white, the story focusses on a middle England village which after an airborne phenomena which incapacitated anyone going within its radius. After a few months women, even virgins and widows became pregant producing rapidly developing children. The film chills with the sheer originality of the idea as the children's powers cause suspicion and fear. The closing scenes are surprising and powerful.

I hadn't seen the second film, the Children of the damned so I didn't know what to expect. In my view it is better than the original, perhaps because it was new to me, set in London amidst the splendid scenery. Ian Hendry is excellent as the psychologist who wants to help and study the children. Whatever your views, the film is still relevent for today. Again filmed in B and W, the final scenes again are mesmerising and dramatic, filling me the viewer with sadness. They were after all, only kids.

Heidegger's Ways (SUNY Series in Contemporary Continental Philosophy)
Heidegger's Ways (SUNY Series in Contemporary Continental Philosophy)
by Hans-Georg Gadamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Gadamer's expertise on Heidegger, 29 Jan 2007
Being new to continental philosophy, this book has benefitted me in two ways 1/ introducing me to Hans-Georg Gadamer's own impressive body of work on philosophical hermeneutics and 2/ Gadamer's insights, views and personal experiences bring a historical perspective to my understanding of his friend Martin Heidegger. Gadamer's engaging insights brings Heidegger sharply into focus, clarifies him as a thinker whose work still inspires scholastic and human understanding today. As my study of hermenentuics develops I am sure this book will continue to be an invaluable resource.

Escape
Escape

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic journey, 26 Dec 2006
This review is from: Escape (Audio CD)
I have recently started collecting the re-mastered Journey albums and boy oh boy do they sound good. Listening to them again rolls back the years and in my maturing years I'm appreciating them all over again. The original singer, up to '98, Steve Perry has the most fanstastic voice and writes great songs.