Profile for Juan Manuel Parrilla > Reviews

Content by Juan Manuel Pa...

Juan Manuel Parrilla

Page: 1 | 2
Replacement for APPLE MacBook 5.2, mid-2009, A1185, ASMB016, MA561, MA561FE/A, MA561G/A, MA561J/A, MA561LL/A, MacBook 13" A1181, MA700B/A, MA700CH/A, MA700J/A, MA700LL/A, MA700TA/A, MB881LL/A, MC374LL/A, MC375LL/A, 10.8v 59WH 5600mAh 6Cell white

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty, 17 Aug 2014
"when loaded to 100% and used up to 0% the computer switches off 3 or 4 times, usually at the same sports. This is because some of the cells inside the battery are damaged. This is probably because this battery was manufactured when the white MacBooks were more popular, and they have been left unused for years, therefore some of the cells are not working."

Melitta Coffee Filter Cone 102 (Black)
Melitta Coffee Filter Cone 102 (Black)
Offered by Spares Plus
Price: 4.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Hole too big, 1 April 2014
As some other people reviewed, I also think that the hole is too big, which means that the water flows very fast, and not much time for brewing.

it works OK, and I like the spoon it comes from, but I am already searching for a cone or similar with an smaller hole and bigger brew time

Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
Offered by HometownTV UK
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars All as expected, 1 April 2014
Very small, and works perfectly both in Windows 8 and Linux (Arch Linux, I had to use some aur patch, but that's more a problem of the Linux firmware).

Very happy.

Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver
Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery drain, 1 April 2014
I ve been using it for like 1 month, which is not enough to really rate a keyboard / set. I don't use them instensly, maybe 1-3 hours a few days a week for gaming. So far all is fine, but after 1 month the mouse already ate a battery. I don't know if it is because the battery was already half used or whatever, but every mouse I had used took much longer to ate a battery (with much more use). I always swtich their switches to off. And as said, I use the keyboard and mouse something like 10-15 hours a week. So be aware that this set may require a tone of batteries.

Wahl 79233-017 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set
Wahl 79233-017 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set
Price: 10.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Kind of DOA, 1 April 2014
Bought it because it was cheap. I think mine had some kind of faulty component, because it would run without much power. More than cutting my hair, it was like biting it. Completely useless.

20 Pairs of E.A.R Earsoft FX Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of E.A.R Earsoft FX Ear Plugs
Offered by Tiger Blue
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for sleeping, 1 April 2014
I bought this ear plugs some years ago, when my bottom neighbor happened to be a noisy bastard. It was a student residency, so we had rooms.

He went out a lot, during weekdays, and then come back around 4-6 and continue the party in the room. The noise in my room was unbearable. After speaking with him, I found out solving the situation was impossible (he was a good guy, "sorry sorry", but he would repeat it every week). This ear plugs saved my semester. I could go to sleep and not be annoyed at night.

Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia U Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Technoxpress
Price: 130.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budged phoned, 1 April 2014
I have been using it as my main phone for year and a half, and I am very happy overall.

Depending on use the battery lasts between 1 or 2 days. The screen is responsive. The phone can be fast depending on the SO. Good camera.

Keep it on stock (2.3.7). Don't update unless you plan using a custom rom.

Timberland TMA Mountain Low Walking Hiking GoreTex Running Trainers Boots UK 7.5

2.0 out of 5 stars Heel broken after some use, 1 April 2014
In theory this product is marketed for hiking. I only used it around the city (and office) on rainy days. Basically after 1 year of some use, again, nothing extreme, the heel part came out, making it impossible to use.

The product is cheap, but it is marketed as 100, good brand (Timberland) so one would expect a product with a better quality.

Acer S240HLBID 24-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD LED 5 ms 100M:1 A DVI w/HDCP HDMI Acer EcoDisplay
Price: 119.99

1.0 out of 5 stars None of the buttons were working, 1 April 2014
None of the buttons around the screen (menu, auto, all that stuff) were working, so it was returned as faulty.

Fractal Design Core 1000 Series Micro ATX Case - Black/Pearl
Fractal Design Core 1000 Series Micro ATX Case - Black/Pearl
Price: 32.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Power button getting stuck after just 1 month, 1 April 2014
Overall the case looks kind of cheap, but that's expected for a cheap case. The main issue / problem, is that just after 1 month the power button is already getting stuck. I mean, I have used the computer maybe 4 times a week, which means I have used that button around 20 times, and it is not going smooth anymore. After pressing it, I have to correct its position with my finger, otherwise its stuck mid way.

I expect soon having to use a stick or something, because this kind of mechanic failures get worse over time. And soon also having to buy a new case.

So basically, a case, something that you can expect it will work for years, it is already failing in 1 month, with the only mechanical thing they have to do.

Page: 1 | 2