Profile for Mike > Reviews

Mike "ouseman"

Duracell Rechargeable Accu HR03 950 mAh AAA Batteries--4-Pack
Duracell Rechargeable Accu HR03 950 mAh AAA Batteries--4-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual Duracell quality, 2 Feb 2013
With batteries, you get what you pay for. I always find it's worth paying a bit more to have Duracell.

Addis Kitchensense Black Washing Up Bowl 505591
Addis Kitchensense Black Washing Up Bowl 505591
Offered by Needspares

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for a reasonable price, 2 Feb 2013
We wanted a bowl to fit our sink as closely as possible and this Addis was a perfect size. It was a bonus that it also looks very good for the price and it is black, not an easy colour to find.

12 WAY - 15A TERMINAL BLOCK - CONNECTOR CHOC STRIP - WIRE CABLE JOINER
12 WAY - 15A TERMINAL BLOCK - CONNECTOR CHOC STRIP - WIRE CABLE JOINER
Offered by CableFinder

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple item, but good quality, 2 Feb 2013
I wanted a well made product to connect an illuminated in-car compass to a cigarette lighter plug cable and this is it. The plastic casing is pliable and easily divided and the connector can be screwed down far enough to grip the thinnest of cable.

iClever 12V 3A Replacement Laptop / Netbook AC / DC Adapter / Charger for Asus EEE PC models 900 900A 900HA 900SD 900HD 901 904 904HA 904HD 1000 1000H 1000HD 1000HE 1000HG with Free UK Mains Lead

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 28 Nov 2011
I'd read reviews about chargers overheating, not working properly etc, so I was delighted that this worked perfectly from the moment I first connected it. Again, I had read of some chargers not including the mains lead, but this was the complete set and at a very reasonable price.

EXERGI Hyperbright LED Light Bulb, 3.6 Watt GU10, Wide Flood, Warm White, 2700-3500k

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 Sep 2010
I too bought one of these to try out. I'd read reviews which suggested this was the best of its type. I recently bought an electricity usage monitor and was horrified at how much electricity our spot bulbs were using. By using our lights at a minimum, we've cut our electricity bill by around a third. These bulbs use a fraction of the energy of the old ones. I've ordered four more, so that our kitchen uses only these. The build quality is superb; they are very nicely engineered. Here's to continuing lower electricity bills!

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PC CD)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PC CD)
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars bullet time!, 20 Jan 2004
When I first loaded up this game I didn't have any preconceptions. I never bought the first max payne and the last single player FPS I actually completed was half-life. The first shock for me was the quality of the graphics and engine. The physics may not be perfect, some objects never move, and the textures sometimes got a bit messed up, but that really didn't matter. I was diving sideways just to knock over a plank of wood or a barrel that I noticed. The designers obviously were expecting people to do this as in one of the dream levels there was a wall of boxes with no further purpose than to crash dramatically to the ground as you jumped through them. The gameplay is great and you'll find yourself constantly qick-saving and quick-loading just to get that perfect run of kills. There is nothing more fun than emptying a clip into some enemy's chest before they can even pull of a shot. My only real gripe, and this is a major one, is the length of the game. I completed the easier, and the only initially availably, difficulty in about six hours. Hopefully this can be solved by a few mods so I'm glad I bought the PC rather than PS2 version. The matrix may have had bullet-time, and a whole host of games, but this is fun and nothing will change that. The final point I want to make is to congratulate whoever wrote the story. I watched every cutscene I could, which for me is rare. Overall this is an incredible game that was cut a bit short.