Profile for P. Wills > Reviews

Friendly Fire [Limited Edition CD + DVD
Friendly Fire [Limited Edition CD + DVD
Price: 10.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely album, 24 Sep 2013
Yes I am a Beatles fan, and was curious finding a Sean album to hear what he was like, but I wasn't expecting anything like this, he's his own man, his own talent, lovely chord changes! This is going to be my album of the year, and I haven't had an album of the year since The Coral released Butterfly House ages ago. Supercool. More albums please, matey!

Rotten and Rascal
Rotten and Rascal
by Paul Geraghty
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rotten and Rascal (Paperback)
This is a great book we got from the library, my son could really relate to the arguing Pterosaurs, didn't stop him and his sister arguing though...

NASA's Greatest Missions 6DVD Box Set
NASA's Greatest Missions 6DVD Box Set
Offered by The Canny Store
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 25 Jan 2012
I have to agree with other reviewer, this is a very narrow view of NASA's greatest missions as it is about manned missions, and if families and friends agree greatest missions includes the tragedies I would be shocked, so the title's a bit of a misnomer. I had hoped for something more in depth from NASA, including of course the astronauts but a wider story including unmanned space flight, but this isn't it. That said I was hooked on watching it for a few nights, because what they show is very exciting of course.

Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly
Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly
by Sue Heap
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise success, 2 Jan 2012
Got it for my 2 and 1/3 year old son, was hoping it had lots of rockets as my son is a rocket fanatic, but it's only got one page with rockets. But my son absolutely loved it anyway.

5228 - black
5228 - black

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: 5228 - black (Electronics)
I can see why Nokia's shares are in slow decline. When they had the best operating system, Symbian, they monopolised it and stifled innovation. When Windows was their competition they won. Now Apple and Android have arrived, they are history. I bought my last Nokia because I dropped my HTC, which I had with an annual contract, in the toilet (whoops!). My previous Nokia I had in China 6 years ago was actually the same weight as this brick. The only thing this does better than the HTC is flip the display when you turn the handset sideways. Apart from that, it's horribly clunky from having to double click and type heavily to giving up on doing my e-mails on the go, something I'd got used to with the HTC. I'd say hang around, get a decent smartphone with a SIM package, and let Nokia fade into the past - appropriately they have a Design Museum exhibition to round of the end of their era - ironic, as the design of this phone belongs in a museum.

50 Science Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
50 Science Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
by Georgina Andrews
Edition: Spiral-bound

1.0 out of 5 stars Same again?, 2 Sep 2011
Buy their 100 things to do, all the things in this are included in both books, will have to give this one away having bought both...

Flowers
Flowers
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Super album, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Flowers (Audio CD)
After what are you going to do with your life, I thought that would be the end of the Bunnymen, as there were only a couple of decent tracks, but this album has grown to be one of my favourites, proper guitar riffs and Ian who says he's lost his crown trying to find it and succeeding...

Cooker Hood Lamp: Bosch Neff
Cooker Hood Lamp: Bosch Neff

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I wanted, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Cooker Hood Lamp: Bosch Neff
I inherited a Bosch oven hood without the instructions and couldn't figure out how to change the bulb. I thought this price was extortionate, not understanding that I was buying the whole fitting. Will try to find just the bulb next time! Probably my fault...

5M Metre TV VCR Video Aerial Coaxial Fly Lead / Cable Male to Male White + Female Coupler - Gold
Offered by Aquarius Computers
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vey good, 31 Aug 2011
I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, in terms of an extension cable, but found this was exactly right and good quality

PRE FILLED Toy Story BARGAIN Party Bag (Boys Toys)
PRE FILLED Toy Story BARGAIN Party Bag (Boys Toys)
Offered by Parteaz
Price: 1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for parties, 24 Aug 2011
These were very nice small presents for guests at daughter's 4th birthday. You might want to consider taking out the penny whistle! Girls' better than boy's - I liked the plane in the boy's one but didn't want the soldier which went in the bin. Not getting my 2 year old son into war just yet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4