ARRAY(0xa6ad72d0)

Profile for kmac > Reviews

Content by kmac

kmac "kmac" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Corgi Toys Construction Vehicle (Pack of 5)
Corgi Toys Construction Vehicle (Pack of 5)
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality models, 19 April 2014
I have bought 2 packs of these. My six year old boy thinks they are fantastic so I have bought them again for a friend's birthday. Metal models, high quality and moving parts. Great value along with the base set. Much better than the siku equivalents.

Fisher-Price Little People Happy Sounds Home
Fisher-Price Little People Happy Sounds Home
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great play house., 25 Aug 2013
We bought this for our 16 month old daughter as she enjoys the Little People school bus. It does not come fully put together, I had to put in a couple of screws, but it took me 5 minutes. My daughter has had it a week and it is a firm favourite. The figures are perfect for a toddler size hand. It has a car which is easy to out the people in. The sounds in the house are pleasant and not irritating. The only fault is that the front door falls off very easily. I am not very sure of the point of the yellow attachments. However otherwise an excellent toy and currently 10 cheaper than other sites!

I Love My Tractor - The Adventures of Massey Ferguson [2 DVD]
I Love My Tractor - The Adventures of Massey Ferguson [2 DVD]
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clean tractor fun, 15 Sep 2011
I bought this for our 3 year old and he loves it. The cartoons are unusual compared to the UK Tractor Tom DVDs. The backgrounds are black and white with the vehicles in colour. Nice simple stories for each episode.Would highly recommend for tractor fans

Yuck! That's Not a Monster!
Yuck! That's Not a Monster!
by Angela McAllister
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars frightful and horrid...!, 7 May 2011
I bought this for my 3 year old son and he loves it- we read it 3 times on the first day he had it. It is the tale of 3 monster eggs belonging to Mr and Mrs Monster. The first 2 eggs hatch little monsters but the third produces a pink and fluffy cute monster. He is cute and shy - the opposite of his siblings but he soon fits in with the Monster family!

Britains 40710 - Ifor Williams Livestock Trailer - 1:32 Scale
Britains 40710 - Ifor Williams Livestock Trailer - 1:32 Scale
Price: 13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly made, 2 Mar 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
this fell apart within 1 day of very gentle use by a small boy. Has to be held together withelastic band!!

Charlie and Lola: My Completely Best Story Collection
Charlie and Lola: My Completely Best Story Collection
by Lauren Child
Price: 9.09

2.0 out of 5 stars I hate reading this book..., 4 Jan 2011
I bought this for DS and deeply regret it. He loves the programme but I am afraid I end up being irritated as I read it. It just does not seem to flow well for reading aloud. So it is destined to just take up space on his bookshelf!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2011 5:29 PM BST

Winnie the Witch 6-in-1 Collection
Winnie the Witch 6-in-1 Collection
by Valerie Thomas
Price: 10.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun, 4 Jan 2011
I bought this as a stocking filler based on previous recommendations. My 2 year old son loves Winnie and Wilbur, shouting 'abracadabra' along with me. The computer story is especially funny and he loves poting over the pictures on his own.

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key
by Tatiana De Rosnay

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: Sarah's Key (Paperback)
I found this novel fascinating - partly because of the Vel d'Hiv part of the story, which I knew nothing about. And partly because of Julia's journey which intertwines with it. I think the outcome for Sarah's life was completely unexpected but far more believable than any other alternative. The only disappointment was Bertrand's character - I feel he was slightly 2D and hard to understand his motivations. But perhaps he was supposed to be that way. Would highly recommend this book - had me mulling it over for a few days after. Look forward to rreading more from this author.

Those Who Save Us
Those Who Save Us
by Jenna Blum

5.0 out of 5 stars Provocative reading, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: Those Who Save Us (Paperback)
I picked this up in a bookstore in the US and the sales clerk immediately said to me ' it is amazing'. She was completely right. It regularly made uncomfortable reading and frustrating - more with Trudy's character's decisions. Beautifully written despite the topic and I would highly recommend it.

Every Last One
Every Last One
by Anna Quindlen
Price: 11.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent and unexpected, 6 Nov 2010
This review is from: Every Last One (Paperback)
Like previous reviewers I do not wish to spoil the plot and I also thought I knew what would happen- and was completely wrong. The characters and observations ring true. I found this book profoundly moving - I could not read at times due to tears. I have enjoyed Anna Quindlen's books before but this novel far surpasses her previous work. True, it is a difficult read, emotionally, but will remain with you for sometime and is definitely worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3