Profile for CJH > Reviews

TIMETOP Professional Shotgun Microphone Mic for Sony Camcorder
TIMETOP Professional Shotgun Microphone Mic for Sony Camcorder
Offered by Andoer

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely High Quality, 12 Sep 2014
Having seen various YouTube reviews I thought I'd give this a go - for less than £20 it seemed worth the risk.

It's amazing! I work as a professional voice-over using a very high end mic and pre-amp / processor the Timetop mic comes very close to sounding like my professional setup!

This was purchased for studio based video work. I am fed up with the hassle of a lav mic and though, if this worked, it would be a real time saver.

I bought a stereo adapter plug to replace the mono one supplied and I run this into a zoom H1 which then runs into the computer as a USB mic. The input level on the zoom is at 37 and the mic level at .20 in Windows. It's as clean as a whistle and easily a match for my old lav mic setup.

The mic is well constructed, the accessories are a bit cheap and nasty but they do the job. Working with this between 1 and 2 feet from my mouth when recording it sounds perfect.

I've also tried phantom powering this directly from a mixer and whilst it works, it doesnt sound as good as it does when fed through the zoom which acts as a pre-amp.

Also sounds spot on when using the zoom as a recorder.

Well worth the money and not a mic to be dismissed.

XCSOURCE® Black Metal Quick Release Plate Clamp Adapter Set for SLR DSLR Camera Tripod Manfrotto 200PL-14 QR Plate Camera Tripod Camera Tripod Ball Head DC465
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Item at a very good price, 11 Jun 2014
Having spent fortunes over the last few months getting my DSLR kit together for video work, I had overlooked "quick release systems". Thinking that they were overpriced and unnecessary, my most recent purchase of a steadycam changed that!

Admittedly, this is the first and only item of this type I have so I can't really offer any comparison with other makes. I paid less than £9 for this and within about 20 minutes of it arriving, I realised how essential it is! So much so that two more are now on order.

The adapter plate is very solid and chunky as is the quick release plate. The mechanism locks / unlocks easily. A real bonus for me is that it's a standard fitting too! I like that.

To fit it to your tripod / ballhead / articulated arm or whatever is pretty simple and it can attach using either the 1/8 or 3/4 size screw. There is a 3/4 insert that you simply remove if it isn't required.

Well worth the investment for the convenience I now have. And I know from experience that when I'm on a shoot, being able to move and mount the camera quickly is a huge part of getting the shots I need.

So five stars from me on:

Price

Build Quality

Ease of use

and of course, the excellent XSCOURCE seller who has served me well on each and every purchase I've made with them

TP-Link TL-R470T+ Load Balance Broadband Cable Router
TP-Link TL-R470T+ Load Balance Broadband Cable Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play!, 15 May 2014
Just one line up and running at present, the second has been ordered!

I literally plugged my existing broadband modem into this, plugged this into my home network, rebooted the pcs and bingo Im up and running and can still access the router cp behind this device!

Superb - update to follow once line two is installed in a week or so.

***UPDATE***

I now have three routers feeding this box.

2 x Talk Talk @7mb down / .8 up each

1 x Three Mobile (All You Can Eat Data) @7mb down 2mb up

The setup is working like a charm. I've gone from 6.5mb down .8 up to around 20mb down / 3.5mb up.

Love it. Really love it. In my area, we don't have cable and this is the only way for me to achieve half decent speeds.

Set-up really is a breeze and once it's done you can just forget it's there.

Highly recommended unit.

Manfrotto 196B-2 143BKT 2-Section Single Articulated Arm with Camera Bracket (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Useful!, 15 May 2014
I'm using this to save space in my home studio - where previously I had to use a tripod, I now have this hanging off a SuperClamp which is clamped securely to the picture rail!

At first glance this doesn't really look very strong at all but it IS rated for 1.5kg when fully extended which is more than enough for my Canon 600D, battery grip (two batteries in there), a 50mm 1.8 lens (very light) and an iPad mini which I use as an auto-cue.

The arm is easily handling the weight and the real beauty of this thing lies in the fact that it is quick and easy to achieve any camera position I need. If I knock it, it will wobble for a second and then settle - with my tripod - if I knock that, it falls over! So this is an improvement and again, a huge space saver.

I like it so much that another is already on order and I half suspect there will be more ordered in the future!

Don't listen to the people saying it won't hold a DSLR, it will and it will hold it securely (provided of course you are keeping it static as opposed to on your bike or back of your car).

Worth every penny - definitely.

Speedlink Spes Clip-On Microphone
Speedlink Spes Clip-On Microphone
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fragile, 5 May 2014
I record corporate videos on a daily basis and use this mic to feed an Olympus DS40 recorder. The sound quality is superb and the clip is great for positioning the mic although the cable appears to have a mind of it's own at times.

At the moment I am on my second mic as the first literally fell to pieces after about nine months.

For the price it's great but even in normal use it is certainly not durable.

McNett Tenacious Tape Fabric and Seam Repair - Red, 50 x 7.5 cm
McNett Tenacious Tape Fabric and Seam Repair - Red, 50 x 7.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 24 April 2014
VERY durable, fixed a four inch tear in my new coat perfectly.

I tried it on the inside at first for an invisible repair but the tape didn't hold for more than a few days.

Decided to throw caution to the wind and forget fashion altogether, stuck it on the outside of the tear so YES it is highly visible now....quite neat n tidy though and MUCH more secure than my initial attempt.

OH - waterproof too!

Buy some.....you know you want to!

New Battery Grip For Canon Eos 550D 600D / Rebel T2I T3I Slr Digital Camera
New Battery Grip For Canon Eos 550D 600D / Rebel T2I T3I Slr Digital Camera
Offered by Happy Sales UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 24 April 2014
Works a treat on my 600D giving me double the standard battery life.

Sure it adds some bulk but it's a camera not a fashion accessory. I rather be able to take video for four hours straight and have to lug this thing around than running out of power early.

The additional controls are very nice although I've not used them more than twice in the two months I've owned the thing!

Build quality seems fine and after all, for £20 a pop you can just buy a new one if you break it!

Neewer CN-160 160 LED Ultra High Power Dimmable Light for DSLR Camera
Neewer CN-160 160 LED Ultra High Power Dimmable Light for DSLR Camera
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright, 24 April 2014
Love this light, lasts maybe 1.5 hours on a set of Eneloops.

The illumination is nice and soft with the filter. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second.

Using one as a hair light and the other to make my double chin vanish in my videos ;)

2X LP-E8 Batteries for Canon EOS Kiss X4 550D Rebel T2i
2X LP-E8 Batteries for Canon EOS Kiss X4 550D Rebel T2i
Offered by Happy Sales UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Stonkingly Good, 24 April 2014
Let's be honest, if you are going to gripe about these batteries you need to seek help!

For the pittance I paid they are superb. In terms of performance against the Canon originals I don't see masses of difference.

Worth the dosh for sure!

Photo Plus 52mm 3-Stage / Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood
Photo Plus 52mm 3-Stage / Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood
Offered by Gadget Career

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought fo 50mm 1.8 Canon Lens, 24 April 2014
Working fine - not really necessary to shade the lens as the 50 mm 1.8 is deep set anyway BUT this hood does offer masses of protection and cushioning against knocks and scraps.

Worth every penny.